I need a good grinder, suggestions anyone?

MISSFIT

New User
Reaction score
I would like to get a larger grinder than the typical 2", not industrial, but just a larger personal size. By the time I get a 1/2 oz. ground up and I need a damn oz. my hands just ache to much and I would love some relief from it. Thank you so much for any help. Sassy.

magimix/electric coffee grinder ?
0000.JPG 000.JPGthats a 50mm beside it 00.JPG 0.JPG 001 (6).JPG 1.JPG 2.JPG
keep er lit
:pighug:

@MISSFIT , I think you may like the medium size grinder, since like you, the small (2") model is quite small to grind more than a few grams. My medium is 2.5" and my large is 3".

I personally like a 2 pc grinder since the 4 pc rosin collectors are a darn PITA to me. I have one called a Mendo Mulcher in medium and a Space Case in a large size. I prefer the Mendo since the action is butter smooth and there is no grinding of the two sides rubbing together. The Space Case is also premium, but given a choice between the two, Mendo gets my nod based on the construction, not the size. The Space Case is titanium and the Mendo is aluminum.

I was just going to recommend you Archie to answer this one ,but you've allready been around
:thumbsup:

I still :rofl: over grinder :coffee:

We've got a smaller Cali Crusher and it's been a good faithful grinder over the years. Picked up an electric grinder from HBI International, was like $23 within shipping on Amazon, it's just a glorified coffee grinder (but green, for weed lol.) It does work very well though, but you HAVE to show restraint on the grinds or you'll turn your buds into powder, which is shit for joints. The electric grinders also seem to collect the powder kief on the sides real bad, mean you'll want something soft (I use a silicon spatula) to recover what gets stuck. After an oz or two in the electric grinder, you'll realize how much product is getting left stuck on there (which kind of sucks.) Some of the electrics will break down though (for cleaning,) so there's a chance of running some eth through there, but you don't want that liquid touching anything metal (or greased parts in the guts, etc.)

I hadn't really thought much about electric grinders, but glad I had a chance to read your reviews on them @Son of Hobbes. Thinking about what you said, I can totally understand how kief would gum up the interior.

Sort of reminds me of my decision to pass on bud trimmers (bowl trimmer) since I guess I liked the "feel" of controlling my trim by hand. Maybe I view grinders the same as it sure would be easy to over grind and power the bud.

Your review was keen and very informative. Much appreciated!

We've got a smaller Cali Crusher and it's been a good faithful grinder over the years. Picked up an electric grinder from HBI International, was like $23 within shipping on Amazon, it's just a glorified coffee grinder (but green, for weed lol.) It does work very well though, but you HAVE to show restraint on the grinds or you'll turn your buds into powder, which is shit for joints. The electric grinders also seem to collect the powder kief on the sides real bad, mean you'll want something soft (I use a silicon spatula) to recover what gets stuck. After an oz or two in the electric grinder, you'll realize how much product is getting left stuck on there (which kind of sucks.) Some of the electrics will break down though (for cleaning,) so there's a chance of running some eth through there, but you don't want that liquid touching anything metal (or greased parts in the guts, etc.)

What's been the worse thing you have come across at these events :smoking:

Or most blatant rip off :biggrin:

Good Info
I looked at the HBI grinder and I have a very simlar one for coffee
I am going to try it out and see

What's been the worse thing you have come across at these events :smoking:

Or most blatant rip off :biggrin:

IMO, grow lights are hands down the most "regurgitated" thing I see for cultivation tech. The practice of white labeling is becoming very mainstream in cannabis if it wasn't always prevalent/present (meaning one company is producing a generic product or a line-up of products to resell, like for grow lights companies come in, pick out the color, chassis perforation, configuration of guts, then brand the light as their own. They didn't actually "build" the light, they just configured it like you'd build a custom computer on Dell's website.) I know 100% that's a thing because we toooootally looked into it ourselves haha (and no worries, we're leaving lighting to the professionals :hump: ) That's seems to be a pretty big part of the grow light OEM scheme (and why you look Amazon and see all these crazy name grow lights, well chances are they were all produced in the same factory.) The "sometimes but not always" rule certainly applies here, I'm not trying to throw anyone under the bus by any means.

Some nutrient companies are starting to do the same thing. I know of a popular grow equipment wholesaler that literally makes up names of products (that I know people here have actually purchased from,) has their graphic artist come up with the art, then they ship the art to a Chinese OEM who manufactures generic products for pennies on the dollar but they slap a trendy name and graphic on it so it looks like a really cool product. So it's the same generic product that anyone can buy, but they upsell it with graphics to make it seem like you've got something cool. Look at CMH/HID lighting, all those different companies offering different variations, but in the guts? Built at the same shop. In fact, virtually every product you can think of in cultivation probably has a white label equivalent that someone is marketing as their own.

Shrug. I can see it both ways in a sense, but I do think it lends itself to abuse by irresponsible business owners. If their products fail, they just come up with a new name and a way to package it. Just to sell the same failed product (and hope it sells better or they can market it better.)

I hadn't really thought much about electric grinders, but glad I had a chance to read your reviews on them @Son of Hobbes. Thinking about what you said, I can totally understand how kief would gum up the interior.

Sort of reminds me of my decision to pass on bud trimmers (bowl trimmer) since I guess I liked the "feel" of controlling my trim by hand. Maybe I view grinders the same as it sure would be easy to over grind and power the bud.

Your review was keen and very informative. Much appreciated!

Here's the interior of my HBI grinder that I just pulled out of storage:
20190307_152415.jpg
20190307_152407.jpg

Back