I need a win - share some advice?

Interesting - and I actually have some dunks that I use around the yard! I have a very similar EC tester and an Apera PH20, so not quite as good as the PH60 but probably OK!
the Ph 20 is just fine, I think equal to the PH60, it just doesn't have the replaceable sensor. You should be just fine with it. The key to keeping it happy is to keep storage solution in the storage cap (I mix my own KCl), and never, never, ever, let the sensor dry out. Be absolutely anal about the not drying out bit, and you will get a few trouble free years out of it. Once it slows down too much for your patience, you will need to replace, at which time if you are still using a pH meter, the PH60 would be the best bet because the sensor can be replaced. You also need calibration fluid, which you likely already have. The pH7 (or thereabouts) is the most useful, and pretty much the only one I use. My PH60 is about three years old, and has never even needed calibration (maximum departure so far ~0.02, which is more than good enough for me). It is getting pretty slow now, although it is still accurate. I will likely grab another sensor before next winter's grow.

Anyway mate, good luck getting your grow sorted, and don't hesitate to ask for ideas or advice. There are lots of knowledgeable peeps aboard here, and you won't find a friendlier weed forum. :pighug:

this next grow I'm going to give the MegaCrop
Let me know if ya need any pointers 1 part Mega Crop is stoner proof weigh, mix, and feed. It's really just that simple

I'd recommend coast of Maine Stonington blend or mixing happy frog/ocean forest. Also roots organic soil is good. Salts kill microbes making your soil not alive so they don't mix. Chlorine is not good for organic grows either for the same reason they add it to the pipes to kill bacteria.

Last edited:
Back