I still need help seed germination. please

Reaction score
Many indoor AF grows over years sparaticly. I forget in the time.

But I have no confidence in seed germination total process. I just fail mostly.

I just did another 12 seed in 2:1 peroxide soak for four hour.
- Then paper towel the seeds in my starter dome.
- This time I used a lighted magnify glass to see the seed cracked and minimal sprout. I don't want to wait for long tap root, because I fail trying.
-So I position mini seed tap root down into soaked grow pods in dome.

? Now I am confused again. Do I put the dome in the warm sunlight now ? My guess was yes. But not positive.

I rarely get good long tap root. I do struggle with excess water issue, afraid of going dry, makes me over wet. issue.

I can't understand why I fail to master this germination start up process.

Many indoor AF grows over years sparaticly. I forget in the time.

But I have no confidence in seed germination total process. I just fail mostly.

I just did another 12 seed in 2:1 peroxide soak for four hour.
- Then paper towel the seeds in my starter dome.
- This time I used a lighted magnify glass to see the seed cracked and minimal sprout. I don't want to wait for long tap root, because I fail trying.
-So I position mini seed tap root down into soaked grow pods in dome.

? Now I am confused again. Do I put the dome in the warm sunlight now ? My guess was yes. But not positive.

I rarely get good long tap root. I do struggle with excess water issue, afraid of going dry, makes me over wet. issue.

I can't understand why I fail to master this germination start up process.
I feel your pain....germination is my weak point as well......what works one season fails the next etc. Just gotta keep trying.

I soak in bottled spring water for 8 hours max, then into the paper towel, NO PEROXIDE! I use a spray bottle to keep the paper towel DAMP, not wet. I end up with a nice tap root. I make sure when I start a seed I can babysit the germination process continually until I get it into soil.

A good buddy of mine has the same issue as you do and essentially drowns the seeds.

My germ rates good 99% success

Glass of tap water
Drop in seeds
Wait 24 - 36 hours
If they got tails they get planted.
Into pots that's been under light for 24 hours
Old seeds might be harder as the seeds I use are not old.
Hope this helps,

I used to put them into paper towels after the water soak and wait for tails to get longer, but Thier no need for thst.

My germ rates good 99% success

Glass of tap water
Drop in seeds
Wait 24 - 36 hours
If they got tails they get planted.
Into pots that's been under light for 24 hours
Old seeds might be harder as the seeds I use are not old.
Hope this helps,

I used to put them into paper towels after the water soak and wait for tails to get longer, but Thier no need for thst.
I do the same as you with great success. Furthermore, I will put the glass in a warm (~75-82f) dark environment.

Hi, I just soak them in the glass of water with a drop of rhizotonic (me thinks it has some tensides in it to make the water easier penetrate the shell) - one drop only in a 50-ml glass and let them until they sink. If they don't sink after three days I dump them.
Then the paper towel method.
100% on sunk beans.

I do the same as you with great success. Furthermore, I will put the glass in a warm (~75-82f) dark environment.
Forgot to mention that lol
Ontop of the snake Viv does the trick,
I've got my veg seedling propogaters Thier too

You are just doing too much, ditch the peroxide, ditch the paper towels, and you already put your finger on the key issue of overwatering. You can also ditch the humidity dome, I think they create more problems than they solve and unless you live in an area with seasonally or consistently low humidity then they are not necessary.

If you need a process to follow to get you on track try this:

Again the key here is not too wet, be less afraid of drying out and more afraid of the thing that has actually been causing all of your problems, seeds being consistently too wet.

I just thoroughly wet the whole pot, stick em in the tent for 2 days to come up to temperature, stick the seed a fingernail down, and just mist where the seed is until it comes up. Works great for me :shrug:

Ive done it several ways over my years. Started with two plates and a paper towel over my modem. Then to ziplock bag with towel too and now o just soak the beans in a small red solo shot cup then put another on top to retain the warmth and moisture. I put that cup close to exhausts of my Xbox and in a day I have taproots. The issues ive come across is planting too deep n soil wasn’t moist enough.
mephisto I think has a write up too on how to germ

good luck :goodluck: :jointman: :headbang: :vibes:

Back