If we were to expand Extraction to it's own category...

Son of Hobbes

High of the Tiger
Staff member
AFN Admin
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Website
www.autoflower.org
What would you all think about that?

Have an actual "Rosin" forum for both rosin related thread and vendors.
Have an "Ethanol" forum.
We have a private BHO forum; I'm still not sure how to tackle that beast. It's not typically allowed at home in most states...
Would there be anything else you'd want to see created underneath this?

Have an "Ethanol" forum.
We have a private BHO forum; I'm still not sure how to tackle that beast. It's not typically allowed at home in most states...
Butters, oils and salves.

As an old explosives guy, I think BHO is too risky but I rather see good information and practices available to those who will do it anyway.

I personally think the less sub forums the better. I think more general discussion area leads to more potential crossover of interests and a greater interaction between members. The divisions into more sub forums creates smaller pools of like minded folks but generally leads to less exposure IMHO to the general audience. Since a lot of people post for the feedback the more views the better.

I think extraction and processing should be added back together with the medical section as they both deal with very similar subjects. I also think that the hydro section should be part of grow journals. I think a lot of traffic stopped there when it became a separate section in a non grow area.

But just my opinion only.

Have an "Ethanol" forum.
I'm all about more extraction on AFN!!!!!! Rosin, Bho, ethanol I'll do it all. I have starting researching short path distillation so would love to see that added as well. I will take all the info I can get as long as it's good info. All of the the bud I grow goes through extraction mostly into rosin so sign me up!

Just a question because I don't understand thing about BHO... You said "it's not allowed at home in most states" so it should not be on forum? But cannabis is not allowed/legal in some states too, and we have canna forum. Here we share informations, not dealing illegal things. Or what's the catch?

Just a question because I don't understand thing about BHO... You said "it's not allowed at home in most states" so it should not be on forum? But cannabis is not allowed/legal in some states too, and we have canna forum. Here we share informations, not dealing illegal things. Or what's the catch?

Difference is growing cannabis doesn't endanger your home or others living around you. Extracting using explosive solvents needs to be left to those capable of handling them safely.
EP-160419101.jpg

Difference is growing cannabis doesn't endanger your home or others living around you. Extracting using explosive solvents needs to be left to those capable of handling them safely.View attachment 1108727

But grow lights also can cause fire. So I think this is not the real reason.

Big difference in a fire and an explosion. I don't see many fires any more from lighting, but hash oil explosions are way up. Presses are cheap, and we just got to legal... who needs to tag an unnecessary felony on again?

Difference is growing cannabis doesn't endanger your home or others living around you. Extracting using explosive solvents needs to be left to those capable of handling them safely.View attachment 1108727
Bho is only as dangerous as the individual(s) make it. I was very cautious with it because I heard all the horror stories. Then I researched it and found out if you are not an idiot you will be safe. No flames, not indoors, no electricity. I have not heard of someone doing it correctly and harming themselves. Just go on YouTube there plenty of people doing in their kitchen on their gas stove. You can learn from them what not to do. Just be responsible and all will go safely.

Back