Is it really as simple as it looks?

I can’t use my tap water at all. It’s pH is 9.1 to prevent lead and copper leaching. They use chlorine and chloramine to decontaminate it. Aerating it causes it to give off a foul odor. So I’m basically using bottled spring water of which I can get 12 gallons for $12. It’s pH is 5.8. It has minerals added back into it. I run through about 40 to 50 gallons per grow with two plants. Luckily I couldn’t fit any more in my tent.

Like I said, I’m pretty much just a hobbyist. I’m only medicating myself. If I had to grow for others, the overall complexity of using a line like AN would thoroughly piss me off. Everything grows fine for a while, then I see a toxicity issue. I back off on the thing causing that to find a deficiency of another thing. I go to the store to buy something else at $40 a bottle or more to fix that issue which leads to toxicity of something completely different. I back that down to find lockout of something else. It’s infuriating. I just want something simple and if the most complexity I have to deal with is one scoop or two, then I’m totally down for that.

I did have to add some PK boosters I had from various leftovers I have around, BUT when I did everything I had also had some N in it so I had to back off the MC some to compensate for it. My current grow, that I just started, I got some of their Bud Explosion which has no added N.
I did that, I added bud candy, bud ignitor, hammerhead, and went from 5g of MC to 3g. Cbd crack is fine but green crack don't get is a big girl and it's like she just stopped. WW just keeps getting bigger. Was a runt for a long time now won't stop growing but not flowering. Just keeps making tops???????? Going to give bloom nutrients today.

Yeah the water start could change it, I don't know I made my own contraption while back with diffrent 2-Britta 203's, and the 202.. wally world clearance items I think that's thier models then a basic menardos dual home filter system (piece of pipe and two filters) comes out of the water softener for the house. My water is hard so the house is got a contraption also but mine ends In a white hose that's 6 -6.8 depending when I fill jugs. Think if I bleed first gallon off I could get consistent 6.5 every time.

I can’t use my tap water at all. It’s pH is 9.1 to prevent lead and copper leaching. They use chlorine and chloramine to decontaminate it. Aerating it causes it to give off a foul odor. So I’m basically using bottled spring water of which I can get 12 gallons for $12. It’s pH is 5.8. It has minerals added back into it. I run through about 40 to 50 gallons per grow with two plants. Luckily I couldn’t fit any more in my tent.

Like I said, I’m pretty much just a hobbyist. I’m only medicating myself. If I had to grow for others, the overall complexity of using a line like AN would thoroughly piss me off. Everything grows fine for a while, then I see a toxicity issue. I back off on the thing causing that to find a deficiency of another thing. I go to the store to buy something else at $40 a bottle or more to fix that issue which leads to toxicity of something completely different. I back that down to find lockout of something else. It’s infuriating. I just want something simple and if the most complexity I have to deal with is one scoop or two, then I’m totally down for that.
Hey bud, you should think about a r/o system. It would pay for its self in a few grows. I got a 6 stage off Ebay for $205.00, but you cant get them for around $100.00. I started 1st grow with bottled water which had more in than the water from my r/o system. Plus you can drink the water too then. Mine does 50gal a day or a gallon every 28 mins. You can connect to reservoir if you would like as well. Came with a bunch of extra filters and the filters are cheap on Ebay. Think about it maybe easier too, I even got a nice fancy faucet to match my sink. Ph out of tap is right about 7 give or take +/- .2.

Yeah the water start could change it, I don't know I made my own contraption while back with diffrent 2-Britta 203's, and the 202.. wally world clearance items I think that's thier models then a basic menardos dual home filter system (piece of pipe and two filters) comes out of the water softener for the house. My water is hard so the house is got a contraption also but mine ends In a white hose that's 6 -6.8 depending when I fill jugs. Think if I bleed first gallon off I could get consistent 6.5 every time.
I was going to do that, but in the end the britta isn't anywhere as good. You think your saving money but in the end you get what you pay for. How many gallons can it filter before need replaced? Maybe your tap is good, mine is awesome compared to some on here so then would last longer. I know the 1 filter can process around 1500 gallons, I know the britta ain't anywhere close to that lol. Not hatin', just sayin' your half way there already bud. Britta will work but not as clean as you think. I would go with zero water over britta if was gonna do that. I used to have a pure filter on my faucet and didn't like it, tasted funny. Went on internet and found video of guy testing his water before and after the pure filter. The ppm was up 10 points after he filtered it????? That shouldn't happen, not after filter. Any filter that is adding to your ppm I am staying away from. After that I will stick with real filtering systems. My dad just retired from his job 2yrs ago, he work at a waste water treatment plant for 30+ years. I asked about the difference, he said 1 is the like the NFL, the other is like NCAA. I have even seen portable unit on Ebay if you cant install 1. Some food for thought. Here is video showing a few tested. Justed tested mine tap is 143 and my r/o is at 9.

Last edited:
I think it depends on the water you are using. With my rainwater I have to pH up some but my crappy tap water I would be pH downing it a little. I agree though, it is a very stable nutrient. I have one closed reservoir out in the greenhouse with the heat of the day, the cool of night, and nothing aerating the solution and it stays right where I start the pH level. Only time I ever had drift was when I tried aerating the solution, then it drifted up which is to be expected.

That's been my experience too more or less. It goes up a bit on my when aerating the res.

How much you give of MC in flower? My 3 are on day 58 and only my CBD Crack is good. Green Crack started to flower and has kinda just stalled. My White Widow is still in veg and getting to big. I just mixed up my AN bloom nutrients to try and kick start them. They are all autos so not a light schedule issue. Fastbuds and Greenhouses Seeds so not no name breeders, not sure other than to go back to bloom nutrients. Was liking how easy it's been but clock is running. Anybody give bloom to start flower, then go back to MC????

I use 3 grams per gallon of MC during flower. And 1 gram of bud explosion. I was using 3.5 grams and 1.5 grams respectively before but dialed both back a bit.

Sounds like you just haven’t found what you are good at yet in growing this humble weed. Most of us will admit the way we grow now is not the way we started growing cannabis, I know you want a simple solution and maybe for you that is to go back to basics. Forget all the chemical fertilizers and grow organically from start to finish. Many take the time up front to set their soils up properly and use nothing but water all the way thru to harvest. That’s sounds like what you are looking for and while there’s a learning curve, it might be worth looking into.

I have to stop wake n baking before reading AFN. :hookah:

Ever test your rainwater? Mine has an EC of 0.01 and is basically neutral at 6.9-7.0 pH. Yes I live where I can have a rain barrel and collect it but even a five gallon bucket can catch rain or water coming off a downspout. I love those five gallon blue water bottles for storing extra.

I’m glad we are not as aggressive on the tap water as yours is, mine comes out at 7.2. They use chloramines here also and I have to use the stuff for fish tanks to remove it since aeration doesn’t. It was killing my house plants and let’s not talk about the time someone changed out the fish tank without removing them. :shrug:I won’t drink the crap.

I use 3 grams per gallon of MC during flower. And 1 gram of bud explosion. I was using 3.5 grams and 1.5 grams respectively before but dialed both back a bit.
Ok, so me doing 3 well 3.1-3.2 after trying to hit 3.0 lol was ok then not the reason. Its says I should be using 6g but I thought would be way to much nitrogen. Just feed both bloom nutrients at 11 so see if it helps.

Last edited:
Back