Is it really as simple as it looks?

mcpd_refugee

User of Too Many Words
Reaction score
Ok. I’m a complete and total noob. I’ll be the first to admit that. Im only a hobby grower who’s been growing for less than a year. I’ve been using AN for all of my grows so far, and every single time I’ve grown with them, I have to put a little more of these two things in and take this one thing out. I have to run to the store and pick up a bottle of another thing to prevent the problem I had last grow. I end up with some gnarly looking plants that look like they’ve been through a war zone. Every. Single. Time. The AN nutrients give my plants toxicity for one thing. Deficiencies of others. It’s got me hopping back and forth usually starting at first signs of flower.

I’ve been reading through the posts here and to say that I’m impressed with the results that Mega Crop gives is an understatement. But is it really as easy as it looks? Since it uses chelating agents, do I have to pH up and down? Is it really just scoop mix and go? No nasty precipitates in my mix? Really?

AN should be easy too. The Perfect PH Sensi Bloom A/B following a known feed schedule like Tang's simple/easy is pretty darn super easy. Believe me, it's easy. And Tangs easy uses a reduced number of AN products which means less money and less complication of products. If you still have AN nutes and want to finish them off, then google Tangs Easy Schedule and follow it to finish the nutes off before moving to MC.

MC is easy too. Its easier than Tangs AN Easy. So ya, its that easy.

You may have to PH up or down a bit. Depends on what you have for water really. And what your growing medium is and target PH level is. After mixing MC up, use a PH pen and measure it and bring it up or down. If you use a reservoir, your PH may drift up a bit and may have to be adjusted a bit a day after the mixing. I find PH is pretty stable and predictable with MC using a 50/50 mix of bottled RO water and my city tap water. My PH usually comes out at 6.5 after initial mixing and I reduce it to 6.3. So yes, it's easy.

You might want to get some of Greenleafs Bud Explosion and Calmag too.

Yep MC and it's supplements are that easy u pick the dose and scoop it out stir and pour. That easy and great return. running to the store for this and that days are over. I don't see where u would need ph up or down even at 10g/gal it was 6.3 for me.

AN should be easy too. The Perfect PH Sensi Bloom A/B following a known feed schedule like Tang's simple/easy is pretty darn super easy. Believe me, it's easy. And Tangs easy uses a reduced number of AN products which means less money and less complication of products. If you still have AN nutes and want to finish them off, then google Tangs Easy Schedule and follow it to finish the nutes off before moving to MC.

MC is easy too. Its easier than Tangs AN Easy. So ya, its that easy.

You may have to PH up or down a bit. Depends on what you have for water really. And what your growing medium is and target PH level is. After mixing MC up, use a PH pen and measure it and bring it up or down. If you use a reservoir, your PH may drift up a bit and may have to be adjusted a bit a day after the mixing. I find PH is pretty stable and predictable with MC using a 50/50 mix of bottled RO water and my city tap water. My PH usually comes out at 6.5 after initial mixing and I reduce it to 6.3. So yes, it's easy.

You might want to get some of Greenleafs Bud Explosion and Calmag too.
How much you give of MC in flower? My 3 are on day 58 and only my CBD Crack is good. Green Crack started to flower and has kinda just stalled. My White Widow is still in veg and getting to big. I just mixed up my AN bloom nutrients to try and kick start them. They are all autos so not a light schedule issue. Fastbuds and Greenhouses Seeds so not no name breeders, not sure other than to go back to bloom nutrients. Was liking how easy it's been but clock is running. Anybody give bloom to start flower, then go back to MC????

First off everyone, thank you for the responses. I greatly appreciate your feedback.

I am going to push through with AN for this grow. Then maybe I’ll pick up some MC and give it a go, because it looks pretty easy. I like easy. I like simple.

How much you give of MC in flower? My 3 are on day 58 and only my CBD Crack is good. Green Crack started to flower and has kinda just stalled. My White Widow is still in veg and getting to big. I just mixed up my AN bloom nutrients to try and kick start them. They are all autos so not a light schedule issue. Fastbuds and Greenhouses Seeds so not no name breeders, not sure other than to go back to bloom nutrients. Was liking how easy it's been but clock is running. Anybody give bloom to start flower, then go back to MC????
I did have to add some PK boosters I had from various leftovers I have around, BUT when I did everything I had also had some N in it so I had to back off the MC some to compensate for it. My current grow, that I just started, I got some of their Bud Explosion which has no added N.

Last edited:
I still backed down in flower when adding bud explosion. Things seem to work just fine. I haven’t noticed things taking longer but I also used Bud explosion

Yep MC and it's supplements are that easy u pick the dose and scoop it out stir and pour. That easy and great return. running to the store for this and that days are over. I don't see where u would need ph up or down even at 10g/gal it was 6.3 for me.
I think it depends on the water you are using. With my rainwater I have to pH up some but my crappy tap water I would be pH downing it a little. I agree though, it is a very stable nutrient. I have one closed reservoir out in the greenhouse with the heat of the day, the cool of night, and nothing aerating the solution and it stays right where I start the pH level. Only time I ever had drift was when I tried aerating the solution, then it drifted up which is to be expected.

Back