Is it really as simple as it looks?

I was going to do that, but in the end the britta isn't anywhere as good. You think your saving money but in the end you get what you pay for. How many gallons can it filter before need replaced? Maybe your tap is good, mine is awesome compared to some on here so then would last longer. I know the 1 filter can process around 1500 gallons, I know the britta ain't anywhere close to that lol. Not hatin', just sayin' your half way there already bud. Britta will work but not as clean as you think. I would go with zero water over britta if was gonna do that. I used to have a pure filter on my faucet and didn't like it, tasted funny. Went on internet and found video of guy testing his water before and after the pure filter. The ppm was up 10 points after he filtered it????? That shouldn't happen, not after filter. Any filter that is adding to your ppm I am staying away from. After that I will stick with real filtering systems. My dad just retired from his job 2yrs ago, he work at a waste water treatment plant for 30+ years. I asked about the difference, he said 1 is the like the NFL, the other is like NCAA. I have even seen portable unit on Ebay if you cant install 1. Some food for thought. Here is video showing a few tested. Justed tested mine tap is 143 and my r/o is at 9.

Nope trust me mine is no good it's old rusted farm well and live on too underground cavern, 10days no salt in the tank every sink tub is orange to brown. And I have 4o bucks in my filter system. So it's been worth it I fill jugs once a week. I'm using all the filters to catch rust pretty much other than that my water is good but rust is very bad on tap here.

Nope trust me mine is no good it's old rusted farm well and live on too underground cavern, 10days no salt in the tank every sink tub is orange to brown. And I have 4o bucks in my filter system. So it's been worth it I fill jugs once a week. I'm using all the filters to catch rust pretty much other than that my water is good but rust is very bad on tap here.
Plus filters are free at work to replace mine when needed.

Plus filters are free at work to replace mine when needed.
Ok, if it works cool but those Brita are misleading not that filtered. And I'm assuming your stealing the "free" filters or do you work at the filter plant lol? Just bustin' balls, do what works for ya bud and here's to us all having healthy water for our girls!

The mainreason why is that I actually believing this sh¤#t now.. I got sold on the all in one product pitch, and other people experiences helped. ;) I must say i got some beasty autos under an cheap viparspectra 300w with it as main feed for 80+% of the current grow. biggest one over 80cm from base to top.. :< Packing top colars 15cm on all branches with just one wonky branch i sorta killed with defoiling. I really believe it is easy, i weight of the amount on an small scale with an spoon and then mix in and wait abit for water to temperate then ph check and regulate with ph drops as i cant raelly afford the pen(no problems so far tho runoff turned red at one point from the coco and phing slighty to little) ... takes about 5 times the time less that i used on mixing 3+1 bottles before to do mc+flower boost with the adv hydro of holland wich i also though used 50% of time on my 1g/w tangie.. ordered mc, be, and their additive kelp extract two days ago for the next grow.. ;) Only sad part is the price doubles when buying from the eu.. The spedition is mad expensive. (plantpic from 300618 - 4 autos in small 8 liter pots on 80x80x160cm with viparspectra 300w*136watt oldstyle led - 3 months from sprout got burried the 8th).

Attachments

• mc.png
    mc.png
    330.4 KB · Views: 70
  • 3006182.jpg
    3006182.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
The mainreason why is that I actually believing this sh¤#t now.. I got sold on it and other people experiences and i must say i got some beasty autos under an cheap viparspectra 300w with it as main feed for 80+% of the current grow.. I really believe it is easy, i weight of the amount on an small scale with an spoon and then mix in and wait abit for water to temperate then ph check and regulate with ph drops as i cant raelly afford the pen(no problems so far tho runoff turned red at one point from the coco and phing slighty to little) ... takes about 5 times the time i used on mixing 3+1 bottles before to do mc+flower boost.. ordered mc, be, and their additive kelp extract two days ago for the next grow.. ;) Only sad part is the price doubles when buying from the eu.. The spedition is mad expensive. (plantpic from 300618 - 4 autos in small 8 liter pots on 80x80x160cm with viparspectra 300w*136watt oldstyle led).

@Varkhond, thank you for sharing. Those are some beautiful plants, bro. I think after my current grow, I am going to Go with the Greenleaf line. All of the photos on here speak for themselves.

By the way, I love that you call it spedition. That may be my new favorite word. In English, though, the word you’re looking for is shipping.

:woohoo:

Ok. I’m a complete and total noob. I’ll be the first to admit that. Im only a hobby grower who’s been growing for less than a year. I’ve been using AN for all of my grows so far, and every single time I’ve grown with them, I have to put a little more of these two things in and take this one thing out. I have to run to the store and pick up a bottle of another thing to prevent the problem I had last grow. I end up with some gnarly looking plants that look like they’ve been through a war zone. Every. Single. Time. The AN nutrients give my plants toxicity for one thing. Deficiencies of others. It’s got me hopping back and forth usually starting at first signs of flower.

I’ve been reading through the posts here and to say that I’m impressed with the results that Mega Crop gives is an understatement. But is it really as easy as it looks? Since it uses chelating agents, do I have to pH up and down? Is it really just scoop mix and go? No nasty precipitates in my mix? Really?

My Friend I had the exact same issues with AN. I was following Tang's guide as Lunarman suggested, but if you wait I will post some pictures below of the plants grown with Tang's guide that have the horrible rust issues.

So far I am only on day 37 with my current grow that is entirely MC. They look like the healthiest plants I have grown by far. I started with KindSoil water only organic soil and had fucking horrible results, then switched to AN and had great results, until the deficiencies/toxicity set in. These plants are so green and blowing up! You can also follow my grows to see the progress, I plan to update tomorrow with new pics.

BTW you can get a free sample of MC from their website! It is probably enough to grow 1-2 autos start to finish.

AN should be easy too. The Perfect PH Sensi Bloom A/B following a known feed schedule like Tang's simple/easy is pretty darn super easy. Believe me, it's easy. And Tangs easy uses a reduced number of AN products which means less money and less complication of products. If you still have AN nutes and want to finish them off, then google Tangs Easy Schedule and follow it to finish the nutes off before moving to MC.

MC is easy too. Its easier than Tangs AN Easy. So ya, its that easy.

You may have to PH up or down a bit. Depends on what you have for water really. And what your growing medium is and target PH level is. After mixing MC up, use a PH pen and measure it and bring it up or down. If you use a reservoir, your PH may drift up a bit and may have to be adjusted a bit a day after the mixing. I find PH is pretty stable and predictable with MC using a 50/50 mix of bottled RO water and my city tap water. My PH usually comes out at 6.5 after initial mixing and I reduce it to 6.3. So yes, it's easy.

You might want to get some of Greenleafs Bud Explosion and Calmag too.

See my response above. Tang's guide gives me issues too depending on plant/strain. I followed it to a T, even pHed to 6 everytime. Water filtered for chlorine/chloramine. I could never diagnose the stupid issue, but so far none of them have popped up with my MC grows so far, the latest is on day 37. Like I said I will post pictures below from my phone.

I can’t use my tap water at all. It’s pH is 9.1 to prevent lead and copper leaching. They use chlorine and chloramine to decontaminate it. Aerating it causes it to give off a foul odor. So I’m basically using bottled spring water of which I can get 12 gallons for $12. It’s pH is 5.8. It has minerals added back into it. I run through about 40 to 50 gallons per grow with two plants. Luckily I couldn’t fit any more in my tent.

Like I said, I’m pretty much just a hobbyist. I’m only medicating myself. If I had to grow for others, the overall complexity of using a line like AN would thoroughly piss me off. Everything grows fine for a while, then I see a toxicity issue. I back off on the thing causing that to find a deficiency of another thing. I go to the store to buy something else at $40 a bottle or more to fix that issue which leads to toxicity of something completely different. I back that down to find lockout of something else. It’s infuriating. I just want something simple and if the most complexity I have to deal with is one scoop or two, then I’m totally down for that.

Fucking exactly brother. I haven't had any issues yet with MC.

I use 3 grams per gallon of MC during flower. And 1 gram of bud explosion. I was using 3.5 grams and 1.5 grams respectively before but dialed both back a bit.

This is exactly what I did too!

I am using 3g Megacrop, 1g Sweet Candy, 1.8g CalMag, and a sprinkle of the kelp extract until flower I switch the kelp out for 1g of Bud Explosion. (should I keep kelp in flower?)

I also add a spoonful of Recharge every other watering, don't really measure it anymore.

Their additives are so cheap when you only have to use such small amounts, the bags last a while. Except the Cal Mag, but I go heavy on that because I grow in Coco and under Cobs/QBs.

The mainreason why is that I actually believing this sh¤#t now.. I got sold on the all in one product pitch, and other people experiences helped. ;) I must say i got some beasty autos under an cheap viparspectra 300w with it as main feed for 80+% of the current grow. biggest one over 80cm from base to top.. :< Packing top colars 15cm on all branches with just one wonky branch i sorta killed with defoiling. I really believe it is easy, i weight of the amount on an small scale with an spoon and then mix in and wait abit for water to temperate then ph check and regulate with ph drops as i cant raelly afford the pen(no problems so far tho runoff turned red at one point from the coco and phing slighty to little) ... takes about 5 times the time less that i used on mixing 3+1 bottles before to do mc+flower boost with the adv hydro of holland wich i also though used 50% of time on my 1g/w tangie.. ordered mc, be, and their additive kelp extract two days ago for the next grow.. ;) Only sad part is the price doubles when buying from the eu.. The spedition is mad expensive. (plantpic from 300618 - 4 autos in small 8 liter pots on 80x80x160cm with viparspectra 300w*136watt oldstyle led - 3 months from sprout got burried the 8th).

Yeah brother, this is pretty much my exact procedure.

I take a measuring spoon on my scale and zero it out, pour MC until the right weight, dump it into a mason jar of my filtered water, then repeat with each of the additives. Then I cap the jar and shake it up, and pour it into my 5gal bucket of filtered water that I then stir, and water my plants with it.

Oh and I pH my bucket of water once it's mixed up. I pretty much know how much pH down to add at this point, but I still check every time as well as my PPM, and of the runoff of everything as well, because I am so paranoid from the nightmares with using AN!

Hope all this helps someone out there!! If not, cheers anyway!! :smokeout:

Here are some random pictures going backwards over the past month with the plants that were on AN that show the issues mentioned. Like I said I was following Tangs guide exactly. Checking pH. Using proper filtered water.

Sorry these might be sideways...

IMG_20180703_063559_414.jpg
20180703_003119.jpg
20180627_195502.jpg
20180624_201904.jpg
20180620_135249.jpg
20180620_135012.jpg
20180614_235016.jpg
20180614_234922.jpg
20180614_234800.jpg
20180614_234755.jpg

And here are my plants that were on MC from day one. The older plants are on day 37, which should have started to show the rust/necrotic spots by now, but they're green as can be and are huge. Those are only 1 gallon pots, and they're going to be as big as my 2 gallon plants if not bigger...
20180704_222222.jpg
20180704_222157.jpg
20180704_222126.jpg
20180704_222117.jpg
20180704_222109.jpg
20180630_215359.jpg
20180630_215306.jpg
IMG_20180630_112832_838.jpg
IMG_20180630_112832_836.jpg

Back