Is it really as simple as it looks?

As I have said before, after seeing people using it, and then going to their website, and reviewing, I was still skeptical, you know the saying .."if it sounds to good to be true..." I was using the FF three part before using megacrop from @Greenleaf Nutrients . The ease of use and finishing a few grows with MC sample , I was convinced., I ordered some more. The only real problem I had was slight Nute burn.But, that was even depending on the plant. I have yet to have a problem with deficiencies . My GSC burned easy and the Norther lights, while the Double grape and Sour Stomper seemed to enjoy the high side of dosing. Can I say that it has increased my yield?...I would say so, my first and second grow of GSC..yielded just under 4 oz from both girls . Same seeds, from RQS. the next GSC with mega crop only and cal-mag...her yield was just under 5 oz. nothing changed but the addition of Megacrop. I have not looked at another nute since. The simplicity of just weighing per gallon, and a touch of PH down and iam set, no guess work involved.
Gallon jar Chembubbly
DSC_1091.jpg

Double grape
P1010131.jpg

Sour stomper
DSC_0083.jpg

0320182120.jpg

As I have said before, after seeing people using it, and then going to their website, and reviewing, I was still skeptical, you know the saying .."if it sounds to good to be true..." I was using the FF three part before using megacrop from @Greenleaf Nutrients . The ease of use and finishing a few grows with MC sample , I was convinced., I ordered some more. The only real problem I had was slight Nute burn.But, that was even depending on the plant. I have yet to have a problem with deficiencies . My GSC burned easy and the Norther lights, while the Double grape and Sour Stomper seemed to enjoy the high side of dosing. Can I say that it has increased my yield?...I would say so, my first and second grow of GSC..yielded just under 4 oz from both girls . Same seeds, from RQS. the next GSC with mega crop only and cal-mag...her yield was just under 5 oz. nothing changed but the addition of Megacrop. I have not looked at another nute since. The simplicity of just weighing per gallon, and a touch of PH down and iam set, no guess work involved.
Gallon jar Chembubbly
View attachment 927245
Double grape
View attachment 927246

Sour stomper
View attachment 927247
View attachment 927248

@Padawan1972, if I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a hundred times...you take amazing photos, brother.

I’ve read pretty much every MC grow on this forum. The thing I’ve noticed about every grow I’ve seen is the overall health of the plants and the size of the buds. Even when folks have longer than expected Veg times, it’s not like the plants look spindly and depleted - they look like massive healthy plants. Now sure, this can be cause for alarm if you’re trying to grow in stealth mode or if you haven’t planned for your plants taking up that much space, but I’m trying to find healthy plants first before I move on to the other niceties.

I got the ship notification from Greenleaf today. Hopefully everything arrives safe and sound by early next week. I really look forward to seeing what this stuff can do.

@Padawan1972, if I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a hundred times...you take amazing photos, brother.

I’ve read pretty much every MC grow on this forum. The thing I’ve noticed about every grow I’ve seen is the overall health of the plants and the size of the buds. Even when folks have longer than expected Veg times, it’s not like the plants look spindly and depleted - they look like massive healthy plants. Now sure, this can be cause for alarm if you’re trying to grow in stealth mode or if you haven’t planned for your plants taking up that much space, but I’m trying to find healthy plants first before I move on to the other niceties.

I got the ship notification from Greenleaf today. Hopefully everything arrives safe and sound by early next week. I really look forward to seeing what this stuff can do.

Genetics first and foremost...and LST'ing will be your friend in a small stealth grow. I have not seen a dramatic increase in harvest time...beside, they say when they are ready...not a number posted on a seed bank wall. I LST heavily..and have grown some stout short plants with great yield.
DSC_0006.jpg

There is always the possibility that it doesn’t auto and you need to flip the lights to 12/12 to get her to go. It’s not the nutrients that make a plant flower, they only assist in the process.
I know it's not nutrients that make flowering. But after 2nd AN feeding she now looks like pre flower, tops are starting to round some starting to get that cotton ball look. So she now looks like flowering is happening just hope ain't to late. Cbd look good sticky forming buds. Green crack started and stopped. Can she some frost on her and look like may be starting to grow again. I had a bad calmag deficiency which may have been to blame but cbd had it too so???? WW is from Greenhouse seeds so not a no name breeder. I will keep watching, I don't care if they take longer just cant lose them not both at least. Cbd was just to try and for my wife she get sick from good weed lol. So that of course is the 1 doing fine lol. If you're using cobs, coco, anything that sucks up your calmag USE EXTRA!

@Mcdee bot sure what’s the difference between our grow styles but I’m lights on 24 and both my AvT and strawberry nuggets have shown sex and may be starting preflower day 26 for both. My forum stomper is behind but I messed her up and I think I fed her too strong off the bat. Gonna let her finish, it is gonna work out with her being tiny as I believe AvT is gonna get huge. Forum stomper will be run again this time with much weaker nutes to start.

@Mcdee bot sure what’s the difference between our grow styles but I’m lights on 24 and both my AvT and strawberry nuggets have shown sex and may be starting preflower day 26 for both. My forum stomper is behind but I messed her up and I think I fed her too strong off the bat. Gonna let her finish, it is gonna work out with her being tiny as I believe AvT is gonna get huge. Forum stomper will be run again this time with much weaker nutes to start.
Yeah, I'm 24/0 too, autocobs like you. Never had a plant take this long. WW looks better every time I look I'm worried about my green crack. My shit has out grown my tent! I'm worried about lower buds. Going to trim on Monday hopefully will make some room, but starting to lose leaves do to age which is bad. These will need to go like 95 or more days if they flower.

I am a convert...and two days is all it took.

1.) It’s easy to weigh and mix;
2.) My plants started thriving after the first feeding;
3.) If it’s not the cheapest, it’s one of the cheapest nute lines out there.

That being said, their shipping leaves a bit to be desired. There was a hole in the cardboard envelope that they used for shipping and it was beat to hell. It looked like my package had been to Afghanistan and back. It got to me quickly and cheaply, though.

So, I’m on day 47 of my grow. My girls are both in flower. The buds had stopped swelling and there were spots appearing on the fans of my pineapple express and the edges were getting burned. The lower fans on my strawberry nuggets were starting to show deficiencies, too, and her growth had stalled out. My research was telling me not to switch nutes this late into the grow, but I thought the worst that would happen is they would continue getting worse and die before I could harvest them. Or they could die from switching nutes. So, I decided to switch nutes mid-Flower.

I mixed up a gallon with 3 g/gallon of Mega Crop, 1 g/gallon of Sweet Candy, 1 g/gallon of Bud Explosion and 1.5 g/gallon of Cal+Mag Pro. I had to adjust pH up a tad. I flushed them with both distilled water. Then I fed to runoff of between 25% and 30%.

This morning, I thought they looked better, but I thought that it was just my wishful imagination playing tricks on me. Then I fed them the same again this morning. When I got home from work about 30 minutes ago, I saw that my strawberry nuggets had definitely grown. I measured. She added another 2 inches in height. The buds on the pineapple express had definitely swollen. I don’t know the science (or magic) behind it. But this #@*% works! Why would I even consider buying anything else?

Last edited:
And thank you to everyone who contributed to the conversation. I really appreciate it.
I think it’s,for some reason, easier for the plant to uptake also it contains everything they need to be healthy I like to contribute the silica to my plants improvement I was not giving them any before MC. I don’t know the reason plants like it so much they just do.

2g/gal of my and 1g/gal SweetC, 1g/gal bud explosion since day 19 Cuba libre. About day 60 + her buds have 3x in a week since I started feeding 400ml of nute mix twice a day. Probably could cut back to half nute mixes and still get this results, the buds are rock and filled with trichs to the hilt.pics don't do it justice.
IMG_20180710_182557.jpg

Back