Is the purple pretty? Or bad?

GreeninNY

I try to grow things
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Hello,

I have two plants- a grower choice candy Kush and a GC Pineapple express that have purple coloring...is it bad or just pretty?

to my very limited awareness, neither have purple in genetics.

soil. Outdoor. tapwater. Fox farm nutes.

my first grow had small spots of bud rot due to insane rains so I’m still in a mindset of “mold” and such things.

I am most concerned with my round 3 grow (these are my round 2) that are ~3 weeks old if this is bad-I’d cull the plants and focus on the other plants.

0BE4247B-1B49-4490-B215-47B4D9BB8011.jpeg

F2F7408E-4FE8-497E-A3B5-DD7DAB92AFA1.jpeg

Not sure I've seen a plant purple like that and the outdoors makes me think it something bad with humidity/mold/rot but I'll let a more experienced outdoor grower give their opinion. Definitely odd and cause for question!

It looks like some invasive fungus/mold, even infecting leaves.

If the purpling is just is a few spots and can be removed, I suggest remove affected tissues and hope for the best. If it looks systemic, the whole plant infected, cull the plant or just let it die.

It looks like some invasive fungus/mold, even infecting leaves.

If the purpling is just is a few spots and can be removed, I suggest remove affected tissues and hope for the best. If it looks systemic, the whole plant infected, cull the plant or just let it die.

does it have potential to spread to other plants if it’s mold? Ive been inclined to wait and watch this grow but do not want to risk young plants.

Never seen this before, personally. Can you isolate it and let it grow without risking your young plants? If the growth is continuing and healthy I'd try to wait it out, out of curiosity if nothing else!

does it have potential to spread to other plants if it’s mold? Ive been inclined to wait and watch this grow but do not want to risk young plants.

If you were in a tent or enclosed area, including a greenhouse, yes you definitely want to get rid of any visible fungus infestation ASAP.

But presuming the plant is outside and not 'close to' or contacting other plants, there is no problem. You can't affect, much less control, fungal/mold spore concentrations in the air and exposures outside. Fungus/mold is growing most everywhere outside, and spores fill the air. Any spread from the small infected portions of your plants is meaningless, totally diluted by natural environmental fungal/mold spores and from being outside. Plus, there is most likely already good concentration of the same (and many other) spores in the air already - that's how your plants got infected.

can isolate to a degree. Currently 7-8 feet away from others.

no matter what, if these do grow, it’s not suitable for consumptio.

That is genetic.
So it’s just pretty?! Hell yes! Well, the pretty plants are now grouped because they are pretty!

question: what visual cues reveal its pretty genetics vs ugly bad so I don’t ask if pretty is bad again?

Back