Is this mildew?

MrAutoGrower

Learning as I grow
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
3Wok OG
Plants have been growing slow pretty much since day one. I have a feeling it Is related to using psycho myco which has tons of fungus in it.

Getting pretty fed up at this point. Had issues from the start, and just realised the sensizym I bought two weeks ago (one litre) expires on the 30th of this month. Pissed!

The reason why I’m wondering is because I noticed some mildew like spots on a few leaves. I use diatomaceous earth which may be leaving mildew like stains on the leaves and stalks. I know the stalks are supposed to have hairs on them, but because this grow has been a nightmare so far, I’m just curious to see what you guys think?

Thinking of spraying them down at lights off with milk/water just to be sure

AA5A7808-5FC4-4565-97A3-46C0B8BD007B.jpeg
0CD9C5AB-3C15-422D-97D4-4053BD894AFB.jpeg

Last edited:
I think your worrying over nothing. Doesn't look like mildew, but I could be wrong would love to hear others opinions. By the way you can probably still use the bottle past expiration if its enzymes it will just not be as much still alive. You can just use a little more. I've used fish shit that was expired not gonna hurt anything. Maybe you are right about using too much bacteria and fungus.

hard to tell Mr! I used that psycho myco for 3 grows (that was all there was), nothing noticeable in overall grow results, but certainly no mildew as a result of using it.

hard to tell Mr! I used that psycho myco for 3 grows (that was all there was), nothing noticeable in overall grow results, but certainly no mildew as a result of using it.
I’m trying it for the first time. What I don’t like is that they recommend something along the lines of 5g per 35L of water. I just got worried I think because I’ve had issues with mold before ruining some good plants. A seedling I was growing brought fungus gnats so it had me concerned. I binned her a week back. I’m used to using dynomyco which is pretty good, but thought I’d try something different this time. I amended the psycomyco in my coco, and then into the seed hole. But the problem with that is... can we actually over-do mycorrhizae? Their dosage recommendation sucks really. Not to mention my seedling that I had to bin was growing slower than a week in the jail. It had me wondering if the psycomyco brought these problems because it has tons of different kinds of fungus in it. My plants have went to shit this run. I’m really considering just killing them off and starting fresh. But with Christmas coming up, getting fresh coco and so on will be a pain in the ass. They’ve been growing a lot slower than usual this year and been trying to find out why. Cheers for your opinions guys.

1. I don't think you can overdo myco really but its a waste and they need the roots to live on. So I mean you can always water more in.
2. It could always be something else like vpd. You have the same plant count? Because more plants more humidity. Is everything the same other than genetics?
Maybe it could just be slower growing genetics.
@Death The Cultivator @Fermented_Fruitz @Kyote

1. I don't think you can overdo myco really but its a waste and they need the roots to live on. So I mean you can always water more in.
2. It could always be something else like vpd. You have the same plant count? Because more plants more humidity. Is everything the same other than genetics?
Maybe it could just be slower growing genetics.
@Death The Cultivator @Fermented_Fruitz @Kyote
The VPD aint great. This time around when I run my shady Rhino extractor on speed 1 it brings my humidity straight down to like 48% which it never used to do. I re-did my setup this time around and I think the modifications I made increased the extraction rate big time. I have it on a timer switch and the only way to keep the humidity around 55-65 is to have the fan turn on and off every hour. But with my timer switch it requires schedules.. and limits me to how many schedules I can create. So I can keep the humidity in check for like half a day at most because I can’t create more schedules or make a simple schedule condition such as turn fan on and off every hour. I’ve been trying to get an AC infinity fan, but in the UK they are hard to come by and when you do come by them, they cost a fortune. However, my setup is designed for a 5” extracter. Ac infinity only does 6”. If I upgrade to that, I then need to do quite a bit of DIY, buy 6” ducting and a 6” carbon filter :(. I fed both to run off today, 16L pots... and the humidity still goes down to 48% with fan on lol. Temp is getting as low as 15c at night time because it’s freezing outside and I run my light schedule during the day. My only way around this pretty much is to buy a humidifier, and have a timer setup on my heater. But the problem with the heater is that it will raise temps fast, then as the fan turns on it will then exhaust that heat pretty fast. So I’m pretty much stuck. Best idea I have for that so far is to either change schedule to 24/0 to use the light as heat all night, or have my portable heater turn on for a couple minutes every hour or less. It’s a bit of a situation :crying:

I’ve taken the sponge idea on board bro thanks for that.

I was testing my coco run off ppms earlier, and not only did the ppms change depending on where I put the probe in the run off water, but the temp also did. For example I put the probe in the left side of the saucer, it will read 500 for example. On the right side it will read 620. The temp also changes. I’ve tried two different ppm meters and the same thing happened. Anyone know why the hell that is happening? Not something I’m worried about but any time I checked my ppms in the past I never had this issue. It could be that they need recalibrated, but when I check my nutrient solution it remains pretty stable.. but not in the run off water today.

Could it just be as simple as the run off water not being mixed to sort of stabilise the readings? I taken them straight from the saucer. So i imagine certain water content hasn’t been dispersed properly

Last edited:
Back