Fast Buds Is this the biggest Chemdawg ever?

So this girl is 60 days old and she is 5 feet tall. I can't get her to stop stretching. Also she is so bushy I can't even tell that I defoliated. So is this the largest Fastbuds Chemdawg ever? Growing in Coco feeding DynaGro Grow and bloom. 3 gallon pots. 4x4 tent Hlg 600Rspec
View attachment 1505526
Please forgive me, I don't know how I missed the date on your original post. Carelessness on my part, I guess.
What I said was valid but it lost a lot of meaning when I came back & discovered you had already harvested the plant.
My bad!!!

That's a pretty plant, healthy, but unfortunately that's not a Chemdawg. Not doubting you whatsoever, I believe Chemdawg is what you (thought you) planted, I believe you!!! But I grew the original Chemdawg back in the 2000's and it never stretched like that. It was always a compact plant that finished fairly quickly! Lost my grow logs but want to say I remembered about 60 days to finish as a photoperiod. I'm afraid what youre experiencing is a slow flowering pheno from Fast Buds.
I've been a fan of theirs for years, but it seems they recently have concentrated much more on pumping out strains with classic names that sound good, but no stability whatsoever from seed to seed. That breaks my heart - I'd love another Chemdawg strain.
Just like their Gorilla Glue; I've grown it five times looking for another pheno like the first time I grew it. Everytime has been different - too leafy, poor quality buds with no frost, two runt plants that looked like bonsai cannabis / didnt produce, one didnt even germinate.

On the plus side, your plant definitely is in bloom, it's just that at 60 days it should be much further along. Reducing light cycle won't help you; let it ride & you will probably get a very good yield. Let's cross our fingers & hope it's a very good yield of very good weed. Just not Chemdawg.

More info for @Son of Hobbes 's thread on breeder stability.
Yea that's what I thought. I got a photo pheno. The two that grew from the 3 pack of the Fastbuds Chemdawg tastes exactly the same. But one was 2 foot and the other 6 foot lol. It doesn't taste anything like the Chemdog I know and love. Probably should have realized that when I read Chemdawg not Chemdog.

Please forgive me, I don't know how I missed the date on your original post. Carelessness on my part, I guess.
What I said was valid but it lost a lot of meaning when I came back & discovered you had already harvested the plant.
My bad!!!
Shit happens. I have done that before. Posted to s thread that is over. :deadhorse:

Back