D63: Salt buildup
  • After a couple grows doing bottom-feeding I got lazy about top-watering once every few weeks to flush out any salt buildup, and I think that's the root cause of the problems I'm seeing this time. I watered PP1 to runoff to check, and the input of ~1300 us/cm had runoff around 2900 us/cm, so there's definitely some salt buildup in the coco. It's probably throwing off the pH, and each plant may be reacting to that a little differently. I top-watered all the others and removed the runoff. May be too late in this grow to make much difference (I'm probably harvesting in a week or so), but I should be more consistent about that next time.

D70: Pre-harvest pics
  • Day 70. I'm going to harvest any day now, as time allows, so this is the last round of pictures.

fulltent.jpg

Everything in the tent. They're all looking pretty burnt, especially the Dark Devil (back/right, taller, hard to miss). I've been really busy the last few months and didn't get around to watering to runoff much, which eventually led to salt buildup causing problems. This is also one of my shortest grows, typically the majority are around the same height as the DD. I kept them on 24/0, and kept the light somewhat low until flowering, so they stayed short initially. When I did raise the lights, the DD stretched quite a bit more than the others.

PP1_2.jpg

Pink Panama #1.

PP1_top.jpg

One of PP1's tops.

PP2.jpg

Pink Panama #2, with more Pink.

PP2_top.jpg

One of PP2's tops.

RPCBD2.jpg

Red Pure CBD #2, branchy and growing wider than tall. Lots of purple in this one, hopefully also lots of RP x Anvil seeds.

RPCBD2_top.jpg

One of RPCBD2's tops.

SourC.jpg

Sour Crack, burnt but it still bulked up pretty nicely.

SourC_top.jpg

One of SourC's tops.

RPCBD1.jpg

Red Pure CBD #1.

RPCBD1_top.jpg

One of RPCBD1's tops.

DD.jpg

Dark Devil.

DD_top.jpg

One of DD's tops.

Notes on effects New
  • As usual, I've been trying these using a vaporizer (dynavap) and bong.

- Dark Devil

I really like how this one tastes. It's got a sweet bright note that reminds me of Grape Crinkle, followed by something purple and floral. Very nice balanced effects: it starts out uplifting, euphoric, and motivating, then as that settles it gets chill and spacey. This plant had a pretty rough time due to the salt buildup, but I'd definitely grow Dark Devil again.

- Pink Panama #1

After a couple months this has a mild flavor, mostly dark coffee; there was some fuel/gas a couple months ago but that didn't stick around. This reminds me of another PP I grew a few years back, except a touch more stony. Very motivating and thought provoking. I can focus, but as soon as I relax the leash my mind tends to wander.

- Pink Panama #2 (the pink one)

Also tastes like coffee. Where #1 seems like a balance of the parents, I'm guessing this leans very heavily to the Panama side. Very high, but clear. Mentally focused. Zero drag. Very happy to have this flower in the rotation.

- Red Pure CBD

#1 feels like it's got a very significant amount of CBD in it and little to no THC. I haven't tried it yet combined with THC flower (which how I mainly use CBD flower, or edibles), but this turned out well, and if the Red Pure CBD x Anvil seeds I made end up roughly 1:1 those could be quite nice.

- Sour Crack

This lines up closely with the effects from the SC I grew a few years ago. Bigtime euphoric rush upfront, which gradually segues into deeply stoned couchlock. Potent. The taste reminds me of Sprite, there's a distinctly lemon/lime sweet citrus thing going on.

Back