Laughing Hyena Seeds Laughing Hyena Seeds - Purple Domina

Day 50: Start of week 8

Nice bit of development since last week. Mostly size and visible covering of nubby frosty pebbles.

PD#1: An absolute monster of a main cola. I could hardly figure out how to get a shot of it due to the size of the other plants. Fan is directly behind the plant so hoping for a nice finish without mold or bud rot. I did take a few more fan leaves off and pulled the outer branches a bit harder

PD1 - D50.JPG

PD1 - D50A.JPG

And a bit lower down that main:

PD1 - D50B.JPG

Stacked to the gills in there!

PD1 - D50C.JPG

Hefty.

PD1 - D50D.JPG

PD#2: Just growing along. I think I'm seeing some K deficiency with the yellow edges of the leaves. Not sure how to address it currently. I am waiting on some soluble gypsum so I can swap out the Cal-Nit and drop the N and keep the Ca levels. Have to look for a P/K booster too I guess......

PD2 - D50.JPG

PD2 - D50A.JPG

PD2 - D50B.JPG

Late Flower
Mid-week 9: Day 59 - a couple days off schedule. Heavy late flowering at this point.

PD#1: Adding size and weight. I am curious to see how the outer ring develops. Difficult to reach in far enough to take good photos but towards the end I'll pull them all out for a nice glamour shot session.

PD1 - D59.JPG

PD1 - D59A.JPG

PD1 - D59B.JPG

PD#2:

PD2 - D59.JPG

PD2 - D59A.JPG

PD2 - D59B.JPG

Have a look if you can raise the light a bit...Leaves are starting to show signs of to much light.
Anyway, who cares...These girls are almost home. A bit sunburn might pile up on those trichomes :cheers:
This is a good grow, no? 👌

Thanks for the read through and the comments, @Bob's Auto's !

Yes, a bit of heat stress. I think I will raise the light, it's also the position of the plant in the tent. The dehumidifier blows straight in the duct to keep RH% low but also dumps a lot of heat in that one corner. I've got three fans going but the entire room is hot at the moment. Been well over 90f / 33c outside and the AC doesn't hit hard enough in the basement. House is cool

Only a week or two left so they should pull through and I'm hoping for a break in the heat soon.

Harvest - PD #1
Harvest: Purple Domina #1 - Day 75

Cut at day 75. A quick trichome check with the microscope: Mostly cloudy with a few ambers here and there

pd1.jpg

Final pics of the plant:

In the back of the tent, a bit hard to shoot. One main cola sticking up and a nice ring around it.

PD1 - D75.JPG

Out of the tent:

PD1 - D75A.JPG

Flash on. Now you can really see those side branches

PD1 - D75B.JPG

PD1 - D75C.JPG

A crown of frost around the main spire.

PD1 - D75D.JPG

PD1 - D75E.JPG

PD1 - D75F.JPG

PD1 - D75G.JPG

PD1 - D75H.JPG

A lovely strain to grow. I did not get any purple coloring on this one but tent temps were a bit high and rarely dropped below 75F. They may need cooler temps to really bring it out. Definitely a strain that would benefit from topping and training. I ended up pulling all the side branches out as the main cola was very thick, dense, and with the branches flat up against it, risk for mold was high. I did not see any mold or problem areas anywhere.

There were hardly any lower larfy undeveloped buds anywhere. Full on colas all the way up and very little baby shoots around the base. I could not reach this plant to muck about with trimming or defoliating. So this is how it would grow with minimal training. Could probably have gone a bit longer but all the other plants were ready and I haven't the space for all of them to dry individually.

Harvest - PD #2
Harvest: Purple Domina #2 - Day 75

First things first, trichome color check with the microscope: Cloudy, clear, and a few ambers but not much.

pd2a.jpg

Final pics:

This is the plant that was topped and trained out from the start.

PD2 - D75.JPG

PD2 - D75B.JPG

PD2 - D75A.JPG

And out of the tent:

PD2 - D75C.JPG

PD2 - D75D.JPG

And trimmed a few fans for a better look:

PD2 - D75F.JPG

PD2 - D75G.JPG

PD2 - D75H.JPG

PD2 - D75I.JPG

PD2 - D75K.JPG

Oh heck pic limit, continued on next post.....

Attachments

• PD2 - D75J.JPG
    PD2 - D75J.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
  • PD2 - D75E.JPG
    PD2 - D75E.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 10
  • pd2.jpg
    pd2.jpg
    410.8 KB · Views: 9
  • PD2 - D75B.JPG
    PD2 - D75B.JPG