Laughing Hyena Seeds Laughing Hyena Seeds - Purple Domina

Germination
  • Day 1 : We have germination! Sprouts are both up. A little hidden but both had their heads up and the shells were loose. Going to wait a couple days and see if the membrane doesn't release on its own.

Purple Domina 1 & 2 both popped sucessfully. They've been potted into 1.5gal airpots that were pre soaked/rinsed with 360ppm clone/seedling mix from Jacks Nutrients. I added 1g/gallon of SeaKelp from @Greenleaf Nutrients as well. Total input ppm was around ~470 but the added bump from the kelp doesn't count against the initial blend. Rinsed about a gallon through each pot until the runoff was ~500ppm which is close to the input solution strength.

The coco is a blend of Mother Earth and Cyco Pearl. I didn't have quite enough left in the bag of ME so I blended a new bag of the Cyco. I have found the Cyco Pearl to be aggressively buffered so a lot of pre-rinse is needed.

Purple Domina #1: The purple dominas are slightly larger and taller than the Lil' Stick tentmates but it was nice that they all came up on the same day. Makes planting and tracking days a lot easier.

PD1- SHELL.JPG

PD1- POT.JPG

Purple Domina #2: Seed shell is off but another thick membrane similar to the Lil' Stick.

PD2 - SHELL.JPG

PD2 - POT.JPG

And both of them on their side of the tent:

PD - FINAL.JPG

Sex - Day 24
  • Extra update! : The plants have both shown sex overnight. I was suspicious yesterday but today I am confident that I have two female plants.

PD #1: Untopped/untrained. A very dense thick bush of a plant. I think it will need some thinning or training to prevent wet spots and mold, especially once flowering sets in. This one has not quite got it's "hairs" showing but I am sure this stipule has a calyx near it that is about to throw a couple pistils out.

Current feed schedule: Transitioned from 60% @ 595ppm to 80% @ 770ppm

7/17 - 60% : 600ml in @ 595ppm - 166ml out @ 332 ppm (runoff significantly below input, time to push it!)
    7/18 - 80% : 600ml in @ 770ppm - 267ml out @ 413 ppm
    7/19 - 80% : 600ml in @ 770ppm - 176ml out @ 383 ppm

Heavy feeder from the looks of things.

PD1 - D24.JPG

PD1 - D24A.JPG

PD #2: Much easier to see. These were not out yesterday and I am too blind to see the calyx on it's own. Thankfully they were waving the white flags today.

Current feed schedule: Same as PD#1

7/17 - 60% : 600ml in @ 595ppm - 87ml out @ 538 ppm
    7/18 - 80% : 600ml in @ 770ppm - 271ml out @ 442 ppm
    7/19 - 80% : 600ml in @ 770ppm - 269ml out @ 484 ppm

PD2 - D24.JPG

Early Flower
  • Day 36: Start of week 6 - So the last week has been very exciting. All plants have just banged into high gear. Definitely just past the beginning of the transition point and I'd call this early flower.

PD #1: The untopped and until now, untrained plant. The leaf and branch density is very high. I saw a post from the breeder advising a bit of defoliation. I was hoping to let this one run naturally just to see how they turn out. I do think it will require training and a snip here and there to prevent wet spots from the leaves touching and definitely mould later on.

I pulled the plants out of the tent for some individual shots. One nice, thick, sturdy stem right up the center!

PD1 - D36.JPG

Lots of leaves/branches crammed against each other

PD1 - D36A.JPG

The top:

PD1 - D36B.JPG

Back in the tent so you can see how packed this plant is.

PD1 - D36C.JPG

I ended up deciding to take a few fans off and to pull down several of the branches. Made a bit of a flat skirt around it.

PD1 - D36D.JPG

Hopefully it's more clear what I've done: Just to see the inner density

PD1 - D36E.JPG

PD #2: The topped and trained plant. Really nice and even across the tops. Looks like 4 mains stacking up at the moment. This is probably my favorite at the moment. Just looks so nice and healthy to me.

PD2 - D36.JPG

Look at that!

PD2 - D36A.JPG

PD2 - D36B.JPG

And back in the tent!

PD2 - D36C.JPG

Late Flower
  • Mid-week 9: Day 59 - a couple days off schedule. Heavy late flowering at this point.

PD#1: Adding size and weight. I am curious to see how the outer ring develops. Difficult to reach in far enough to take good photos but towards the end I'll pull them all out for a nice glamour shot session.

PD1 - D59.JPG

PD1 - D59A.JPG

PD1 - D59B.JPG

PD#2:

PD2 - D59.JPG

PD2 - D59A.JPG

PD2 - D59B.JPG

Harvest - PD #1
  • Harvest: Purple Domina #1 - Day 75

Cut at day 75. A quick trichome check with the microscope: Mostly cloudy with a few ambers here and there

pd1.jpg

Final pics of the plant:

In the back of the tent, a bit hard to shoot. One main cola sticking up and a nice ring around it.

PD1 - D75.JPG

Out of the tent:

PD1 - D75A.JPG

Flash on. Now you can really see those side branches

PD1 - D75B.JPG

PD1 - D75C.JPG

A crown of frost around the main spire.

PD1 - D75D.JPG

PD1 - D75E.JPG

PD1 - D75F.JPG

PD1 - D75G.JPG

PD1 - D75H.JPG

A lovely strain to grow. I did not get any purple coloring on this one but tent temps were a bit high and rarely dropped below 75F. They may need cooler temps to really bring it out. Definitely a strain that would benefit from topping and training. I ended up pulling all the side branches out as the main cola was very thick, dense, and with the branches flat up against it, risk for mold was high. I did not see any mold or problem areas anywhere.

There were hardly any lower larfy undeveloped buds anywhere. Full on colas all the way up and very little baby shoots around the base. I could not reach this plant to muck about with trimming or defoliating. So this is how it would grow with minimal training. Could probably have gone a bit longer but all the other plants were ready and I haven't the space for all of them to dry individually.

Harvest - PD #2
  • Harvest: Purple Domina #2 - Day 75

First things first, trichome color check with the microscope: Cloudy, clear, and a few ambers but not much.

pd2a.jpg

Final pics:

This is the plant that was topped and trained out from the start.

PD2 - D75.JPG

PD2 - D75B.JPG

PD2 - D75A.JPG

And out of the tent:

PD2 - D75C.JPG

PD2 - D75D.JPG

And trimmed a few fans for a better look:

PD2 - D75F.JPG

PD2 - D75G.JPG

PD2 - D75H.JPG

PD2 - D75I.JPG

PD2 - D75K.JPG

Oh heck pic limit, continued on next post.....

Attachments

• PD2 - D75J.JPG
      PD2 - D75J.JPG
      1.3 MB · Views: 8
    • PD2 - D75E.JPG
      PD2 - D75E.JPG
      1.9 MB · Views: 10
    • pd2.jpg
      pd2.jpg
      410.8 KB · Views: 9
    • PD2 - D75B.JPG
      PD2 - D75B.JPG