Let's talk about HST

I start defoliating in week 2 or 3 and continue to defoliate almost daily until they’re chopped. My last grow I lollipopped 7-8 plants and topped two of those. No signs of issues with any of them. I ended up yielding 1 lb. Plus from each of 4 plants that were had the most HST, but they were the bigger plants to begin with, so hard to say how it effected yields. I will say, each of those plants had more left in them as I had to chop early due to space issues and not being able to stake or even get to some of my plants after they were in flower. Back right is an ILGM WW (you can only see half if it) that yielded nearly 650g.
1F2CE242-6256-42EE-B4AD-4BE238DC8395.jpeg

I start defoliating in week 2 or 3 and continue to defoliate almost daily until they’re chopped. My last grow I lollipopped 7-8 plants and topped two of those. No signs of issues with any of them. I ended up yielding 1 lb. Plus from each of 4 plants that were had the most HST, but they were the bigger plants to begin with, so hard to say how it effected yields. I will say, each of those plants had more left in them as I had to chop early due to space issues and not being able to stake or even get to some of my plants after they were in flower. Back right is an ILGM WW (you can only see half if it) that yielded nearly 650g.
View attachment 1429430
I've been staring at it for five hours now...
it's beautiful !
:drool::smokeit:

I've been staring at it for five hours now...
it's beautiful !
:drool::smokeit:
Thanks, I’ve spent countless hours staring at them. I still have clones going of all of them… At day 130! They’re still throwing pistils
84840E0C-295F-4AD0-B00B-5AB6B85D362E.jpeg

8A2F95D8-1B11-40D5-A96B-86BE49915CD1.jpeg
60527815-CC1A-4336-B0D1-D2A300A08C93.jpeg

Attachments

• 1FEB1C5E-C211-4729-9CB0-7BC226E925DD.jpeg
    1FEB1C5E-C211-4729-9CB0-7BC226E925DD.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 49
  • AB9E3613-C8ED-4206-9759-2BFEC86D304F.jpeg
    AB9E3613-C8ED-4206-9759-2BFEC86D304F.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 49
How's that scrog going? @American Hillbilly

It worked well. The one big benefit is my plants didn't fall over. The netting kept them upright, where before i was tying them to the floor and adding weights to keep the 3 gallon pots from flopping over, and I'd still end up having a lady or two fall over every grow. It also helped me even out the canopy much better in my space, much more even light distribution. I don't much worry about yield nearly as much as quality but I was a little shy of 2 lbs out of 4 plants from 4 Sweet Seed Dark Devil Autos. I'm considering round 1 with scrog a win.

I made several mistakes, but I like it. I'll be making changes to my set up to better make use of the scrog net, and continue to experiment. That's half the fun for me!

with experience, you find that some take to HST and some don't. Those that tend to get large and/or have a longer flowering period have the most potential to gain from HST. However, overall I feel that LST and some defoliation offer the most benefits. SCROG with Sativa dominant strains in large pots has potential also.

I did some topping this round. I ended up with 6 plants in the tent. I topped the 3 biggest plants around week 2 or 3. Well before flower started. Two of These 3 topped plants are over 3ft tall and the other one is at least 3ft tall. These are a Mephisto Double Grape and a Fastbuds Rhino Ryder and Cream Cookies. The 2 sour stompers I had didn't get any hst .. but they are both over 40 inches tall.

I did some topping this round. I ended up with 6 plants in the tent. I topped the 3 biggest plants around week 2 or 3. Well before flower started. Two of These 3 topped plants are over 3ft tall and the other one is at least 3ft tall. These are a Mephisto Double Grape and a Fastbuds Rhino Ryder and Cream Cookies. The 2 sour stompers I had didn't get any hst .. but they are both over 40 inches tall.
DG is the one I first discovered that autos could handle HST and thrive with. I'll be interested in seeing how she turns out.

:pimp:

Back