Let's talk about HST

Hey!

Here is a pic from May 10, four days after I topped 12 autos on day 18.

PXL_20220510_212741635.jpg

Here are pics from today, two days after I did a light fan leaf removal (about 8-10 leaves each plant). No negative results for me.

Everyone has their own method, but this is acceptable for me.

IMG_20220521_000654_01.jpg

PXL_20220521_060957988.jpg

DG is the one I first discovered that autos could handle HST and thrive with. I'll be interested in seeing how she turns out.

:pimp:
Well here is what it looks like right now... Obviously we still have a ways to go.... So much humidity in the tent with 6nplants all this size, I did some major lollypopping about a week or so ago. Everything seems to be bouncing back quickly. So this plant has been topped and then lollypopped heavily.
PXL_20220518_170215347.MP.jpg

Well here is what it looks like right now... Obviously we still have a ways to go.... So much humidity in the tent with 6nplants all this size, I did some major lollypopping about a week or so ago. Everything seems to be bouncing back quickly. So this plant has been topped and then lollypopped heavily. View attachment 1462072
Looks good. What do you think about that Earthbox? I'm thinking about trying it.

Looks good. What do you think about that Earthbox? I'm thinking about trying it.
I really like them... My plants are huge. My only complaint is the size of the Jr... I will probably stop running the jr's and switch to the regular size earthboxes. Then if your plants get huge on you, you don't have to worry so much about nutrients and water. I have to water every single day now... Sometimes twice a day... But I'll never go back to regular fabric or plastic pots. This just makes the watering so easy. You don't have to think about it. If you have a problem, you are never thinking... Am I under or over watering.

I really like them... My plants are huge. My only complaint is the size of the Jr... I will probably stop running the jr's and switch to the regular size earthboxes. Then if your plants get huge on you, you don't have to worry so much about nutrients and water. I have to water every single day now... Sometimes twice a day... But I'll never go back to regular fabric or plastic pots. This just makes the watering so easy. You don't have to think about it. If you have a problem, you are never thinking... Am I under or over watering.

I'm going to put an earthbox on my Christmas list.

The jr's are just too small for bigger autos. It's hard to keep a plant healthy in 3 1/2 gallons of soil when it is almost 4ft tall. The smallest auto this run is probably 16-20 inches tall and it is easily the healthiest looking plant in the tent. The stompers we're supposed to stay under 27 inches but they are over 40... A regular earthbox holding closer to 7-9 gallons of soil would be so much better. It would hold more water, and more nutrients... But honestly I don't think you can go wrong with an earthbox for growing autos. I'll probably order 2-3 regular earthboxes for my autos and use the juniors for the herb garden.

The jr's are just too small for bigger autos. It's hard to keep a plant healthy in 3 1/2 gallons of soil when it is almost 4ft tall. The smallest auto this run is probably 16-20 inches tall and it is easily the healthiest looking plant in the tent. The stompers we're supposed to stay under 27 inches but they are over 40... A regular earthbox holding closer to 7-9 gallons of soil would be so much better. It would hold more water, and more nutrients... But honestly I don't think you can go wrong with an earthbox for growing autos. I'll probably order 2-3 regular earthboxes for my autos and use the juniors for the herb garden.
It sounds like a good problem to have. :smoking: I'll definitely go with the larger earthbox.

Imo anything under canopy is a waste of resources. To reduce possible bad airflow. Bugs. Other issues. I’ll cut everything now at the node 1-2 level and let the tops have all the strength the plant can take

Back