Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was saying in the staff room yesterday I Wonder how many people will be caught out with burst pipes @WildBill

With it not being so cold for so long people Forget about stuff like lagging pipes and draining outdoor taps.

Coldest for 30 years they are saying.....:snow2:...let's Hope it doesn't hang around.

It is on it's way up the Jetstream to the UK too........:pass:...I Hope it swerves Spain........:headbang:
Well, there was no forgetting things with me. The building codes here just don't take this much cold into consideration. It's never been this cold here and the closest it's been this cold has been over 90years. I would have had to insulate the entire system. I got up several times and opened each faucet, but it was just too damn cold.
I just hope I don't lose power!

Well, there was no forgetting things with me. The building codes here just don't take this much cold into consideration. It's never been this cold here and the closest it's been this cold has been over 90years. I would have had to insulate the entire system. I got up several times and opened each faucet, but it was just too damn cold.
I just hope I don't lose power!
We didn’t “lose power” but power grid guy said they are replacing 2 poles in my hood. So now I’ll be able to “re” set the closet and tent on same schedule!

We didn’t “lose power” but power grid guy said they are replacing 2 poles in my hood. So now I’ll be able to “re” set the closet and tent on same schedule!
We've had rolling blackouts for various reasons and the Gov has declared an emergency. I'm a limited govt kinda guy, but he should mandate all non-essential businesses closed to reduce the electrical load on the grid. Govt never does the right thing when you need them to do so!

Yeah, I worked on those black turds at SUBASE PEARL for 4 years. I had my shore duty extended two friggin times to stay there. It was a good duty station in the big picture. I learned a hell of a lot of things and got to really show my leadership abilities. I went there not knowing much about subs and left being the LPO(Leading Petty Officer) for the shop as an E-6 when it was an E-8 billet. I got a cool division officer in right after getting there. He was a Warrant Officer, so he knew what it was to be an enlisted guy. He soon realized what I could do and he loaded up my young ass! When the shop got in a burned out alcoholic Bubblehead(submariner) as leader, got got rid of the micro-managing bastard, He gave me the job. I had the position for 6 months before a replacement came in. At least I got "Jesus Christ" evals while stationed there. I walked above the water! LOL!

The guy that pitched me on the batteries is a retired welder from Conn. who built the boats. Said the batteries were made to discharge all in an instant. I forget why. He's a good guy, a straight shooter who I got to know for 30 years and counting. Our end-of-day local smoker hangout was a table out back of his bait shop. I wouldn't be surprised if Odessy has already picked them. They go deep.
It's good luck when recognized and given the chance to build a good rep young. Not so good when they put you in charge of older guys who are passed over and resent you. I'm not military but have been there in business.
:pass:

The guy that pitched me on the batteries is a retired welder from Conn. who built the boats. Said the batteries were made to discharge all in an instant. I forget why. He's a good guy, a straight shooter who I got to know for 30 years and counting. Our end-of-day local smoker hangout was a table out back of his bait shop. I wouldn't be surprised if Odessy has already picked them. They go deep.
It's good luck when recognized and given the chance to build a good rep young. Not so good when they put you in charge of older guys who are passed over and resent you. I'm not military but have been there in business.
:pass:
Yeah, I wasn't the most senior E-6, it was a pretty good group of guys. Like me, NONE of them had sub experience before getting there,! Yeah, dumb as hell! Back then, Bubbleheads mostly don't work on their own equipment and most don't go to a maintenance facility for shore duty.

Well...............I'm NOT going anywhere until SATURDAY.:grrr2:
IMG_20210216_095249328_HDR.jpg

More crap is coming tonight and I'm on the edge of snow turning into a mix of snow and sleet.:bummer:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back