Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
The question I have is can cannabis produce sterile seeds without pollen?

I don't believe so I've had it happen and never found a pollen sacks but seeds weren't mature when i harvested. The conclusion we came to in here was that someone else must have hermied or maybe even her self and making a couple seeds

Morning Folks,

I just finished up my first run and when I was breaking down the CGB Force last night I noticed some immature seeds. The 2 plants I harvested last week, double grape and cod victory, were clean. The question I have is can cannabis produce sterile seeds without pollen? While breaking down the plant I didn't see any pollen sacks, and if they were present I would have thought that the other plants would have had seeds in them. Still happy with the grow and will probably take the 2 seedlings out of the tent today to wipe it down incase there was pollen present, just trying to better understand this funky little plant better.

:smokeout:
No, there must have been pollen created somehow. If you never saw a male flower maybe a couple were hiding inside a female flower. I had a bad herm event this spring and a lot of the flowers I'm smoking now have a few seeds. I'm finding I don't really mind - the event saved some genetics of a clone I lost.

58° high today and rain, the boss says we aren't turning on the heat, so I don't want to hear her complain tonight my feet are cold.

FB_IMG_1695476011821.jpg

I didn't end up cleaning my bong yesterday, cause I got high... :rofl: But I went and grabbed this attachment at the smoke shop today along with a fresh nail. So much smoother. Idea stolen from @Lil Dab .

View attachment 1633994

Hell yeah that's sweet I've broken 2 reclaimers during cleaning and back to my blue ash catcher. Pretty sure they were just cheap glass. I do really like have the second attachment it helps a ton with keeping the main bong clean(if it is clean to start):pighug:

No, there must have been pollen created somehow. If you never saw a male flower maybe a couple were hiding inside a female flower. I had a bad herm event this spring and a lot of the flowers I'm smoking now have a few seeds. I'm finding I don't really mind - the event saved some genetics of a clone I lost.
Thanks for the input. That's what I thought. Somehow I stressed her out to grow a pair somewhere. :kitty:

Looks to be a good harvest anyway, so I'll get what I need from her regardless. Now to wipe down the tent and try a salad of the double grape and CBD Victory. :smokeit:

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back