Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the official report. Although we had one test grower disappear for whatever reason, and GA6 just flipped to 12/12 and time will tell... ALL other 6 test growers reported hermies from the onset of flowering (heavily in the Rockstar Kush from the first sign of bud sites forming) or full on hermied like in the West Coast Sour Diesel... Master Kush threw a random nanner throughout flowering. Out of all the strains that were tested... Rockstar Kush, Master Kush, West Coast Sour Diesel, Painkiller, Conkushion, Lady Bug's Bubba, Head Band and Silver Skunk did one or all of the above. I'm not sure on the Purple painkiller... If any of you other test growers see this and see an error in my statements please correct me!

Over all 6 (7th to be determined. 8th grower disappeared on us) different test growers had one or more issues with the Regular Photoperiod strains. That is a fact. When I approached Med Man about this he was not concerned about it in the least and passed it onto possible over feeding or high temps. Basically stress. Well without getting silly and going off on tangents or mud slinging... Facts are facts. We are among (and I say AMONG as there are MANY phenomenal growers on this site) the best and longest tenured members on this site. We have our rooms and feeding schedules pretty much dialed in. As well as I had 2 other photos of mine and another tent with 24 plants (autos and vegging photos) and NOT ONE other plant in either tent, auto or photo, had any signs of stress and did not show any of the signs med mans gear did. Speaking of me and my room. That is a fact.

Med Man was very generous to send us 9 packs of 13 regular seeds to test grow. Unfortunately, there's something seriously wrong with that many strains and regular seeds showing all those hermies and nanners. However, his lack of concern and passing of the blame on us was upsetting to me. We have all approached this with nothing but respect and unfortunately... it is what it is. I, personally don't feel it's fair to pass the blame on us and don't believe it WAS due to our grower error. Not for one minute.

So this is the official report. Take the facts and decide for yourself. But regardless of any he said she said stuff... We've documented it and it will remain documented.

I will also ask that we keep this on an adult level and keep the vibe. No trolling, no flaming, no shit slinging. Use this as a reference and report.

I will however say... what I did harvest of the Master Kush, Rockstar Kush, and WCSD were above average smoke. Dense, sticky, tasty. Master Kush was the BEST Master Kush I've had so far and I would risk growing it again. IMO it's that good. Rockstar Kush was the heaviest out of the three. WCSD was not the reeker he states it is. However the MALE WCSD was! The female was not.

Ease of growth, time it took to finish, etc.. was all 5 STAR. Unfortunately, the hermie issues and nanners out shine all of the rest of the great things about his gear. Right now I have 2 Painkillers in flower. I vegged them for over 2 months and they are 2-3 weeks into flower and I HAWK them daily and so far so good. Not one sign of nanners, balls, or hermies.... and again they vegged wonderfully, tons of branching and bud sites, fast to flower and bulk up... To me it's just truly truly a shame about the whole deal. If the hermie/nanner problem wasn't so bad I'd be growing his gear ALL THE TIME. So take that statement for what it's worth. I've grown close to 250 different strains, auto and photo, in the last 5.5 years. PERPETUALLY. I have plenty of experience, as well as the other test growers, to know whether I screwed up or not.

In closing I will just thank Med Man again for the opportunity. We did grow your gear to the best of our abilities and represent you well but it did not work out. Best of luck to you and your future endeavors.

Reb
:pass:

Here is the official report. Although we had one test grower disappear for whatever reason, and GA6 just flipped to 12/12 and time will tell... ALL other 6 test growers reported hermies from the onset of flowering (heavily in the Rockstar Kush from the first sign of bud sites forming) or full on hermied like in the West Coast Sour Diesel... Master Kush threw a random nanner throughout flowering. Out of all the strains that were tested... Rockstar Kush, Master Kush, West Coast Sour Diesel, Painkiller, Conkushion, Lady Bug's Bubba, Head Band and Silver Skunk did one or all of the above. I'm not sure on the Purple painkiller... If any of you other test growers see this and see an error in my statements please correct me!

Over all 6 (7th to be determined. 8th grower disappeared on us) different test growers had one or more issues with the Regular Photoperiod strains. That is a fact. When I approached Med Man about this he was not concerned about it in the least and passed it onto possible over feeding or high temps. Basically stress. Well without getting silly and going off on tangents or mud slinging... Facts are facts. We are among (and I say AMONG as there are MANY phenomenal growers on this site) the best and longest tenured members on this site. We have our rooms and feeding schedules pretty much dialed in. As well as I had 2 other photos of mine and another tent with 24 plants (autos and vegging photos) and NOT ONE other plant in either tent, auto or photo, had any signs of stress and did not show any of the signs med mans gear did. Speaking of me and my room. That is a fact.

Med Man was very generous to send us 9 packs of 13 regular seeds to test grow. Unfortunately, there's something seriously wrong with that many strains and regular seeds showing all those hermies and nanners. However, his lack of concern and passing of the blame on us was upsetting to me. We have all approached this with nothing but respect and unfortunately... it is what it is. I, personally don't feel it's fair to pass the blame on us and don't believe it WAS due to our grower error. Not for one minute.

So this is the official report. Take the facts and decide for yourself. But regardless of any he said she said stuff... We've documented it and it will remain documented.

I will also ask that we keep this on an adult level and keep the vibe. No trolling, no flaming, no shit slinging. Use this as a reference and report.

I will however say... what I did harvest of the Master Kush, Rockstar Kush, and WCSD were above average smoke. Dense, sticky, tasty. Master Kush was the BEST Master Kush I've had so far and I would risk growing it again. IMO it's that good. Rockstar Kush was the heaviest out of the three. WCSD was not the reeker he states it is. However the MALE WCSD was! The female was not.

Ease of growth, time it took to finish, etc.. was all 5 STAR. Unfortunately, the hermie issues and nanners out shine all of the rest of the great things about his gear. Right now I have 2 Painkillers in flower. I vegged them for over 2 months and they are 2-3 weeks into flower and I HAWK them daily and so far so good. Not one sign of nanners, balls, or hermies.... and again they vegged wonderfully, tons of branching and bud sites, fast to flower and bulk up... To me it's just truly truly a shame about the whole deal. If the hermie/nanner problem wasn't so bad I'd be growing his gear ALL THE TIME. So take that statement for what it's worth. I've grown close to 250 different strains, auto and photo, in the last 5.5 years. PERPETUALLY. I have plenty of experience, as well as the other test growers, to know whether I screwed up or not.

In closing I will just thank Med Man again for the opportunity. We did grow your gear to the best of our abilities and represent you well but it did not work out. Best of luck to you and your future endeavors.

Reb
:pass:
That the same thing he said to me Ten that it was .y fault. So I pulled up about 15 to 20 pages on icmag of growers saying and having the same problems as me but he still blamed me. Hell I even watched one of his video's once and saw hermie plants in the video. Asked him bout that he said "I did that on purpose to get seed" I say buckshot. What he needs to do is sell a 10 pack of his seeds for about $15 and put on there may hermie. Thanks for your thoughts Run.

I'm hearing too much of this JayP... And what you state is concerning... I appreciate your feedback! Max rep to you. Thanks for contributing to the documentation.

sorry to hear about all this my friend.:shrug:it's to bad that some people that claim to be breeder's, have hopped on the cannabis bandwagon,
and fucked it up!:nono: its going to get worse as the bandwagon rolls on. more and more people see it as a money maker. wont be long before the growers will be have the cannabis grown in china
with cheap labor, to make more money. reminds me of a joke. what do they call a shoddy breeder at the bottom of the ocean>>>>>> a good start! :face:

I'm hearing too much of this JayP... And what you state is concerning... I appreciate your feedback! Max rep to you. Thanks for contributing to the documentation.
I just don't want to see anyone waste their $$ on seeds from a breeder that doesn't care about his customers and who doesn't back their product up. I have heard that he had just bought seeds and clones and breed with them no matter if they was hermied or not. I actually think I remember on YouTube once where "Urban grower" himself ran into him at a Toronto cup or one of the cups he said he won. Urban grower said something like Mrs man keep trying to get him to try his smoke and when he did he (urban grower) said it tasted smelled and looked just like his rockstar but when he ask him he wouldn't answer. And that the cup thing he says he won in that there wasn't but a couple entries.
Now I'm not 100% on the story going exactly that way but it was to that affect. I also remember watching men man's YouTube channel and there were plants on film that had hermie issues or he could have reversed them to make feminized seed. Just mean ALOT if he would back up his product. And I'm sorry to everyone for getting on here and saying all this so please don't get mad or upset at me. Just wanted you guys to know what I had to find out the hard way

:bravo: Reb-- Thank you for this very well put together and stated wrap-up report! And thank you as well for making the considerable effort to bring something new and, as perceived at the time, wonderful, to us here at AFN,...One offers such a chance to small scale breeders to the hopeful betterment and advantage of both parties! .... Agreed, given the diversity of grow parameters and the skills of the testers, there is simply no way to tie these problems to some sort of individual to individual error across such a group- :nono:-*bvvvvvvvt*--Wrong! More alarming still, dots connected from other independent sites/grows are showing similar results...There has been some concern and discussions about problematic fem's encountered by various folks here, yourself included, and how some seek better stability in reg' beans... :doh: Alas, not the case for Med Man genetics-- a shame, as you and the others state, for there are some good things to be found, but not at this kind of risk, loss of time, resources and $$... double the shame for MM not even willing to countenance, much less discuss what are in fact, deal breaking problems...:shrug:-Seriously disappointing, to put it mildly... But whatever, right?- it's his honor and integrity to defend, or forfeit! This is why AFN has the testing policies that it does, to give fair and proper chance to test and showcase breeders/strains, and either take them into the fold, or say "pass",...:smoker1:

I have been suspicious of Med Man after seeing his several sites that self congratulate him and tout him as the greatest seed guy around. I can't say its true, but hasn't anyone who has looked at his sites and "news" stories found them contrived? No, its my suspicion that he's just another flim flam man praying on the cannabis community. I may be wrong, but i doubt it.

West coast sour diesel – sfu nerd clone – c afghanica – 9-10 weeks flowering – a real diesel, not the 007 or commercial beasters or sweet nyc types. smells like gas, kerosene, diesel. very potent. big yield, fast growth. charcoal filters will not mask the odor. nose will penetrate concrete walls. 2nd place sativa ty expo 2013

Purple pain killer – og kush x purple afghani – definitive bc purple kush, – 9 weeks – very fuely from the og, full rich and powerful afghani odor as well. perfect blend. more body effect then just og. high cbd and thc. big yield, hard nugs, coffee, fuel, grapes, skunk. very strong pain killing body stone with some head to balance her out. world famous. it took 1st place the michigan medical cup 2012. beating out dna genetics.

Silver skunk – afghanica/mexicanis/columbianis – maple ridge clone – also known as maple ridge blueberry and the viper – silver pearl x old skunk – 7-9 weeks – sensitive to nutes and soggy mediums. smells and tastes like blue cheese. unique to europe or any other breeder. decent yields. looks like an old time skunk plant. awesome connoisseur bags, taste and smell. 1st place 2012 ty expo, 2nd place 2013 ty expo, highest thc/cbd icmag cup 2014, 4th place karma cup 2014 hybrid

Conkushion – maple ridge kush clone – unkown biker kush plant – 60-65 days – called mk ultra, master kush, og kush, bubba kush etc etc over the last 10 years. tastes exactly how it smells. very pungent, skunky and kushy with a nice sweet bottom. no cieling, no immunity. 250-300 an ounce in maple ridge. also known as maple ridge kush. 1st plce 2014 ty expo indica, 1st place indica prarie harvest cup 2014

Pain killer – langley kush clone – c. afghanica – 60-70 days – very lemon x fuel, but not as sharp as an og kush. shorter, smaller plants. but very powerful effect in the body for pain. euphoric. a true hashplant. not much stretch, a bit slow to veg compoared to my other afghanicas. coated in thick, tall standing trichomes. this one took first at a medical patient depo cup on vancouver island from my f-1 stock in 2012. 1st place 2013 htcc michigan, 1st place 2013 ty expo indica

Rock star kush – maple ridge kush clone – c afghanica – 60-70 days. one of the most popular smokes anywhere. eliminates every other kind on the market as people get “addicted” to this one. only wanting this one after trying it. 12 year old biker cut. not to be confused with the numerous and few and far between “rockstar” bud circulating. the name has a dual meaning. rockstar can really just mean amazing kind. in my case, the maple ridge rock star kush is a real legendary rockstar. cures to a golden orange. took 3rd place in toronto for most thc in canada beating out 118 other entrees. expect to trash you moms with this or her hybrids. decent to big yields. she loves my med-man tables or other hydro cultures. 3rd place extrct 2014 ty cup. 2nd place indica 2013 ty cup

Med-mans master kush – afghani kush x paki kush. an mk that actually tastes and smells amazing. f-1 vigor makes the fastest veg for my kushes. biggest yield for my kushes. very high calyx to leaf ratio. so much resin. even on bigger fan leaves. always green and happy under all conditions. the best tree plant i have for medical growers in canada and other bare bulb enthusiasts. skinny branches turn very thick and hardy once flowers start to form. spaced out nodes makes this one very easy to manage. no need to lolipop once flowers show. or defoliate. so easy to grow with massive yields of very very very dense buds, coated in coveted afghani hash. for commercial growers and connoisseurs alike. very sour and skunky 65-70 days. never entered in comps

Ladybugs bubba – c. afghanica . ladybug is a heavy in the clone game in the lower mainland bc. this is his bubba. another amazing bc bubba. tons of branching. great for trees. big yield. the sweetest smell and taste with an awesome coffee/fuel/skunk/kushy bottom. tastes exactly how she smells. its nice becuase she can be cropped at 8 weeks. i always go 10 weeks. nice elongated afghani kush colas. rock hard. headstash. its a sticky icky strain. no matter how much cure or too dry the bud becomes. it cloggs busters. ladybugs “best” medical clone by far.

Med-mans head-band – og kush x sour diesel – very very vigorous, big stretch. low maintenance. 1st place thc comp. ty expo 2012. beating dna genetica and 120 other entries. elongated kush colas with soft lemon fuel roma and taste/ 65-70 days.

Chronic fatigue – pain killer x purple pain killer – 2 of bc’s best cuts in an awesome blend and trophy goodness. 60 days.

Unified field – purple kush x west coast sour diesel aka purple sour. another blend of 2 of bc’s best cuts. 60 days to trophy buds.

Rock-band – rock-star kush x med-mans head-band – 2 more winners in this union. the rock-stqr will add aroma, taste and body to the white covered massive yielding hea-band. 65-70 days.

Sour rock-band – rock-star kush x (west coast sour diesel x med-mans head-band)
aka super sour diesel. massive fuel, massive thc, yield and effect. 3 winners in 1. 65-70 days.

Purple rock-band – rock-star kush x (purple kush x med-mans head-band). another 3 way winner. very white, very dank. the best of all 3. 6-70 days.

Bubble haze – hempstar x el nino – an accidental cross found from 1 bagseed. one of my best and favorite sativas. big ad stretchy and lanky. smells like hubba bubba from clone to harvest with a terpenpine bottom fromm the haze. 60-70 days. 1st place sativa ty expo 2014.

Sour diesel haze – west coast sour deisel x (super silver sour diesel haze) – 2 winners, 1 strain. awesome textbook haze with a touch of afghanica. nice fast finish and fuel aroa for an haze dominant plant – 65-70 days.

Purple thai – the original northern lights #2 clone going back 30 plus years. also called purple northern lights, purple skunk etc. very old thai x very old afghani. 3rd place sativa ty expo 2014. the mother of probably 75% of all the most popuar and awared strains in the common era of breeding. big yield, big vigor, big white, purple leaves. very very pungent. 50-60 days

P.T.S.D. – purple thai x sour diesel – 2 winners. very very pungent. an amazing cross. awesome for post tramatic stress disorder. 55-65 days.

Special kush – another lady-bug clone. a bc nl#5 x bc purple kush. big yield, purple finish. nice and pungent. expect some strawberry, cheese and skunk in the pallet.
50-60 days finish. 1st pace indica karma cup 2014.

Prairie fire – white fire og x pain killer. very diesel. very white. very sensitive. run low nutes and expect a medium yield of awesome headstash. smaller shorter plants. 50-60 days.

Road-kill skunk – afghanica/columbianis/mexicanis – the original skunk #1. it is in there. need to find it. line is still being worked on. 45-55 days. sensitve plant. easy on nutes.

Insomnia – silver skunk x purple thai – 50-60 days

Appetite – conkushion x silver skunk – 50-60 days

Mygraine – conkushion x (skunk#1 x purple thai) – best for mygraines and body pain

Chronyac – conkushion x rock-star kush – 60 days

Well being – lady bugs bubba x (skunk#1 x purple thai) – 50-60 days

Star god – purple thai x (skunk#1 x purple thai) – 50-60 days

Purple head-band – purple kush x med-mans head-band – 60-70 days. 2 winners. white x purps. very dank. smooth smoke. bigger stretch then pk.

Afghandi – rock-star kush x pain killer. 60 days

Purple rock-star kush – rock-star kush x purple kush. 60 days

Head-banger – conkushion x med-mans head-band. 60-70 days

L.S.D. – lemon sour diesel – starburst x med-mans head-band – starburst is a og kush x blue satellite. the head-band gives her vigor. sugar, and commercial potential. 60-70 days for really kind buds.

Pineapple breeze – inbred line of original brothers grimm c99. 50-days. dry pineapple smell and taste.

Hawaiian kindica – hawaiian indica x (skunk#1 x purple thai) – very tropical aroma and effect. nice yields and bag appeal. 60 days.

Kindica – skunk#1 x purple thai – 2 old school legends. expect some variation with high yields and tons of resin. very commercial and bug resistant. keep nutes low to avoid bud rot from the massive buds and fast finish. 50 days.

**Copied from http://med-man-brand.com/about/**

To order visit www.med-man-brand.com or check the vendor section on his site for trusted vendors who sell med man brand seeds.

My entire system is set up for Autoflowers..............too bad. To close to wildlife to photo outdoors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back