Seed Stockers MedGrower does Seed Stockers Blackberry Gum (Telos 0008 / DWC)

Before I do an update on the weekend, I was thinking of engaging the audience to try to guess what is the EC of my reservoir that I am running this monster on? Check the size of that stalk, the leaves and make a guess how much nutrients does that need to feed?

Tip: My base water EC as it comes out of the tap is around 0.14 EC
il go with 1.4 or 1.6

il go with 1.4 or 1.6

I say you are giving her an EC of 1.3, i remember you manage to stay low in the EC with your girls.

Good guesses both! Thank you! Rambo got bit closer with his 1.3. However, the point of this exercise was to surprise you both with this:

Took a measurement this morning from the reservoir. It is right now at EC 0.81. I have been keeping the feed during the entire generative period between 0.80 to 1.00 and she has been liking it a lot even with the lights so close. Only now I start to see she is going for the leaves but that is due to her age. Why so low feed? I figure it is because the plant intakes a massive volume of solution and drinks around 5 litres a day that lighter ratios maintain good osmosis and keeps her metabolism going strong. Proportionally the amount of nutrients in total is still quite high considering the overall volume .

Measure.jpg

I put in solution in at 1.0 EC and been observing it going down towards 0.8 EC during a weeks time but I've though to simply ride it with it and see how the plant reacts. It all seems very good so far with this low feed.

Day 90

Finally there are some signs of maturity. Intake of solution is still high, although it has started to turn down, but I am now seeing the plant eating its leaves and I see some amber on the tricomes. I am going to give her another week to try to fatten those buds up still for what we can. It doesn't look like a killer yield, that's for sure but these buds are dripping with resin so I am not complaining. My thoughts is that the intensity of the lights (due to the height of the plant) is stalling overall size of the bud formation but the stress generated from it is increasing the potency by some degree.

What do you think? Will this one meet 1 gpw harvest rate, when the light source is 180w?

BBG D90 overview.jpg

BBG D90 closer.jpg

BBG D90 bud01.jpg

BBG D90 bud02.jpg

BBG D90 bud03.jpg

DAY 96 - HARVEST

Got to be honest with you. I was feeling bit bummed out about the results of this very promising looking phenotype not delivering those super large and photographable colas that we all want to see. In top of that I noticed that many of the side branches had started to droop when it was time for me to take her down. My thoughts was it would be a waste of time trying to take reasonable photos of her so I just went and cut her down.

I was surprised how dense these buds were! They may be small in size but some of them were super tight and I think it must be due to very low humidity we have been having. There may not have been any individual large colas but the way GN's Telos does manage to develop the buds even down below, it made it very evenly developed good quality buds all over making the overall volume quite satisfying. I totally underestimated how much this plant actually produced and having it all cut down revealed the true scope of the harvest. This may be even 300g in total after dry, or close to it. All with 180w of power used.

PICS

These buds have a very nice red tone to them and they are sparkling with resin. Can't way to try them out
D96 bud 01.JPG

D96 bud 02.JPG

Going to vent out the buds for one day just open-air drying and only then employ the paper bag method.
D96 total.JPG

Alright. I got the buds dried now and took the weight. That was 340g sharp. Must be my best yield ever. This strain seems very very generous indeed. GPW was 1.89 (340g / 180w) and that is quite something.
:cooldance::cooldance::cooldance:
very nice med any plans for another grow

Congrats brother and thanks for sharing your grow skills, lovely that BBG and what a harvest! Sent some reppers....
Me got also the Sticky Fingers, but will grow em later next year, hope you had some fine Merry Juana and better wishes for the New Year 2019! May it be a year for all of us with plenty and excellent harvests!:pass:

Back