Mega Crop Ph

Jimbud

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Hello.
This my first go around with Mega Crop . I have a question about a Mix with Ph changing. My Tap water is around 7.5 and i aerate it for 24 hrs. How long can you let your mix sit before using? I noticed after my mix my Ph is at 6.2-6,4 after a day or so my mix is dropping to 5.4-5.6 What could be causing my Ph to drop. The mix is per gallon
3 Grams mega Crop (Latest)
1 Gram of Sweet Candy (Latest)
.75 Gram of Bud Explosion ( Latest)
15 Ml of Terpinator.
25 Ml of Hygela’s Hydration. (Nector for the Gods.)

My guess is it’s either the Terpinator, or the Nectar of the Gods. My tap water is right around the same ph, and when I mix up the MC, BE, and SC it puts me around 6.3-6.5, and stays there for a few days until it creeps to around 6.7.

@Jimbud :welcome:Welcome to AFN:welcome: That formula is way out of balance. You are likely to lock-out nutrients. It is complicated especially when you mix products form different vendors. The following chart depicts the Balance for nutrients in elemental PPM which has nothing to do with EC. Electrical conductivity is used to measure the strength of your solution.

Nutrient Guide.jpg

The importance of this guide is to show you the relationship between the elements needed to grow a plant. If any one of these elements gets out of range the plant will suffer and even die.

You are using 3 products that raise the Phosphorus and Potassium levels for mid to late flower. You should only be using one of them. The GreenLeaf products are different one is for hydro and one is for soil.

Sweet Candy is formulated for soil. Using this in hydro may cause PH instability from the bio-stimulants. It is not fatal but requires more monitoring of the reservoir.

Bud Explosion is formulated for Hydro styles of growing although it is ok to use in soil as well. It does not contain the Bio-stimulants.

Do you have a problem with re-hydration of your soil? Hygela's Hydration? If so I use Yucca Powder. A tiny bit goes a long way. I use it to keep my drip emitters clean. It works great if someone lets their pot get to dry.

I do not know how much experience you have but it is better not to mix product lines until you are well practiced in being able to tell what your plants need from observation. I have been running indoor cannabis a little over 7 years now. I am still learning.

:goodluck:

Last edited:
[I avoid use of reservoirs, so I am far from an expert here]. It definitely seems that pH swings in stored mixed nutes are just normal. For example, theoretically the water pH will shift down as CO2 is dissolved and forms carbolic acid,(pure water exposed to air, including rainwater, has pH around 5.8). And then there are the various salts in the base nutes and supplements that can react and cross-react over time; and anything organic is going to be fermented/digested by bacteria or fungi sooner or later, often forming organic acids.

But to get some good input, you probably need to tell us more, such as what is your intent, target pH, how much are your storing for how long, are you in soil or coco; do you have a chiller system for your reservoir (and if not, perhaps right there you've answered your question of why you're seeing pH swings); etc.

[I avoid use of reservoirs, so I am far from an expert here]. It definitely seems that pH swings in stored mixed nutes are just normal. For example, theoretically the water pH will shift down as CO2 is dissolved and forms carbolic acid,(pure water exposed to air, including rainwater, has pH around 5.8). And then there are the various salts in the base nutes and supplements that can react and cross-react over time; and anything organic is going to be fermented/digested by bacteria or fungi sooner or later, often forming organic acids.

But to get some good input, you probably need to tell us more, such as what is your intent, target pH, how much are your storing for how long, are you in soil or coco; do you have a chiller system for your reservoir (and if not, perhaps right there you've answered your question of why you're seeing pH swings); etc.
Bill.
I’m in soil and using bio biz light and in 5 gallon fab pots. I like to make up 5 gallon of mix in bucket and that will last me a week. I store the mix in 1 gallon seal jugs. My Target Ph 6.2-6.5 I stop using BE and mix just Mega and Sweet. I‘ll check ph tonight. I also made a gallon of Mega, sweet, and Terp and will check Ph
Thanks

Bill.
I’m in soil and using bio biz light and in 5 gallon fab pots. I like to make up 5 gallon of mix in bucket and that will last me a week. I store the mix in 1 gallon seal jugs. My Target Ph 6.2-6.5 I stop using BE and mix just Mega and Sweet. I‘ll check ph tonight. I also made a gallon of Mega, sweet, and Terp and will check Ph
Thanks
I too am currently using BioBizz Light similarly in Air-Pots feeding with MegaCrop (about every 3rd time). But I never have bothered to check, much less adjust, pH of the feed water (with the pH of my tap water similar to yours). At least theoretically, if don't add too much in the way of salts-based supplements, there should be no need to adjust pH using MegaCrop in healthy soil. To me, since not needed, adjustment is just adding more useless salts. [But I am a lazy grower and no adjustments works for me].

Otherwise, I'm using the new 2-part MegaCrop and with that the only things I add are organic-type supplements -- ReCharge (microbes + molasses); kelp; fulvic acid; Bt toxin product; etc.

Last edited:
Back