Mega Crop & Promix HP?

How often do you fertilize in promix ?
Like coco or like soil ?
I personally fertilize or "feed" every time I water up until about a week and a half before harvest, where I give just straight PH'd water from there. I did the same with a previous coco grow with great results..161 grams from one auto cheese

Hmm...interesting. I've been using Promix HP with MegaCrop for about 8 plants so far and for the most part have stayed in the 6.0-6.5 range. Of course, I have yet to have a grow that hasn't ran into some sort of deficiency/lockout. I attributed it mainly to salt buildup or lockout of some kind due to my inexperience and feeding levels. Don't get me wrong, I've still had success with an average of 1-2 oz per plant, and my biggest plant giving 210g, but it would be nice to have a plant go start to finish without problems. That's what i'm shooting for currently. I have 2 Black Cream Autos that just sprouted so I think I'm going to try a lower pH for them.

Hmm...interesting. I've been using Promix HP with MegaCrop for about 8 plants so far and for the most part have stayed in the 6.0-6.5 range. Of course, I have yet to have a grow that hasn't ran into some sort of deficiency/lockout. I attributed it mainly to salt buildup or lockout of some kind due to my inexperience and feeding levels. Don't get me wrong, I've still had success with an average of 1-2 oz per plant, and my biggest plant giving 210g, but it would be nice to have a plant go start to finish without problems. That's what i'm shooting for currently. I have 2 Black Cream Autos that just sprouted so I think I'm going to try a lower pH for them.
You and I, kindred spirits. I've had successful grows, by which I mean was able to harvest and pulled some decent weight and quality. But my god have I had issues every single time.

Just once I'd like have a grow where I've dialed it all in properly, without issues, all the way through. I've basically been trying several different nutes, from bottled chems and coco coir to straight living organic soil with organic dry amendments and now to promix hp and mega crop. if this one sucks too, I might try coco with mega crop, then at least there's no PH range guessing game, it's just straight soilless PH range, no way about it.

With promix, I've now read hundreds of posts from all sorts of growers and I still can't find a 100% definitive answer, BUT promix has a youtube channel with this video I found

I think it's the CEO or owner and he's pretty darn quick to say we're supposed to use the soilless PH range. So that's what I've been doing.

You and I, kindred spirits. I've had successful grows, by which I mean was able to harvest and pulled some decent weight and quality. But my god have I had issues every single time.

Just once I'd like have a grow where I've dialed it all in properly, without issues, all the way through. I've basically been trying several different nutes, from bottled chems and coco coir to straight living organic soil with organic dry amendments and now to promix hp and mega crop. if this one sucks too, I might try coco with mega crop, then at least there's no PH range guessing game, it's just straight soilless PH range, no way about it.

With promix, I've now read hundreds of posts from all sorts of growers and I still can't find a 100% definitive answer, BUT promix has a youtube channel with this video I found

I think it's the CEO or owner and he's pretty darn quick to say we're supposed to use the soilless PH range. So that's what I've been doing.

Indeed, we're on the same wavelength. I started with the basic Fox Farms Trio and Pro-mix, tried Coco with that once. Then I switched to MegaCrop with Pro-mix and have been working on watering, nutrient schedules, and working on keeping the tent environment as ideal as possible. I've also done some switching on lights a few times from a cheap amazon COB, to HLG QB and homemade AutoCOBs.

We'll see how this next grow goes with the lower pH and increased nutrient scaling.

If you google 'promix ph myth' you will find an interesting article. Then I figured out that weed is much more adaptive to different PH than many bro science graphics and articles (written by laymen and copywriters) make you believe. I also stopped using it in coco. The plant grows fine in 7 PH or 6 PH. It doesn't even give a damn when you beat it up or stab the roots 10 times, why would it care about PH. Just my take. I chuck MC in the tap water and feed straight away. Fuck chlorine, if I can drink my tap water so can a basic-ass life form like a plant.

Back