Mephisto Wedding - Phosphorus Def?

Danielsaaan

Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
-Problem: Plants showing signs of Phosphorus deficiency.
-Medium/grow method: FFOF
-Feed and supplements: Fox Farm Trio
-Water source: Tap - left out for 48 hrs + before use.
-Strain and age - Mephisto Wedding. Day 47
-Climate: 78F, 40% RH
- Light used: LED - 24/0 ~40.0 DLI
-Additional info: This is only my third grow. Plant has been showing these signs for a few days now. Growing another Mephisto Wedding showing no deficiencies - same tent, with same treatment.

--Pictures - Full plant picture is from last night. Other picture was just taken.
4F36ABB6-ED57-47BB-8710-D1375FA6D2E3.jpeg
10926EBD-6BAD-4B8B-92DA-540CAA64E348.jpeg

Appreciate all of your help!

Are you PH'ng your water and ae you using cal/mag? Try flushing with ph correct water with some cal/mag.Start using bloom nutes with phosphous and potasium.You may have lockout from to many nutrients

we learn something "new" each time one cultivates. being that you are at day 46 (+/-) consider feeding just water till harvest Been growing for some 50yrs and have never checked PH - FYI next grow re-think you nutrient use - amounts and x's feed per week --- your grow will turn out OK

Are you PH'ng your water and ae you using cal/mag? Try flushing with ph correct water with some cal/mag.Start using bloom nutes with phosphous and potasium.You may have lockout from to many nutrients
Yes, I PH my water 6.5-6.8. I use an Apera and calibrate before each grow. I will give plain water going forward and see what happens! Thanks all

Do you have a soil ph meter? Looks a lot like some of my stressed plants that may have been deficient in something but the actual cause was high ph. Ph meter was one of the best investments yet. And feeding desires PH water didn’t cut correcting the issue I had to aim lower to get it in bounds. I’m new to this ph-ing thing though so grain of salt

Do you have a soil ph meter? Looks a lot like some of my stressed plants that may have been deficient in something but the actual cause was high ph. Ph meter was one of the best investments yet. And feeding desires PH water didn’t cut correcting the issue I had to aim lower to get it in bounds. I’m new to this ph-ing thing though so grain of salt
I don’t have a soil meter, and don’t understand how my PH got all out of wack. Would a product like FF Sledgehammer work in an instance like this?

I don’t have a soil meter, and don’t understand how my PH got all out of wack. Would a product like FF Sledgehammer work in an instance like this?
Sledgehammer flush works good if you suspect lockouts but if it's just pH issues that are suspected you should be good running regular water in it to get the pH down.

If you need a cheaper soil pH meter I found a used kelway soil meter for like 30 dollars on eBay. You can usually find them cheaper on there. I think they are like 90-100 new so it was a steal. I don't use it much but when I need it, it's nice to have.
Screenshot_20221025-091323~2.png

Sledgehammer flush works good if you suspect lockouts but if it's just pH issues that are suspected you should be good running regular water in it to get the pH down.

If you need a cheaper soil pH meter I found a used kelway soil meter for like 30 dollars on eBay. You can usually find them cheaper on there. I think they are like 90-100 new so it was a steal. I don't use it much but when I need it, it's nice to have.View attachment 1531161
I’ll have to check that out! So the consensus is my PH is likely too high? Isn’t that more ideal than having too low a PH? Seems like most nutrients in soil are available between 6.6-7.4? Would testing the runoff do any good? I’ve read conflicting opinions on that.

I’ll have to check that out! So the consensus is my PH is likely too high? Isn’t that more ideal than having too low a PH? Seems like most nutrients in soil are available between 6.6-7.4? Would testing the runoff do any good? I’ve read conflicting opinions on that.
Anytime your soil pH gets out of range it can affect nutrient uptake on either end so keeping it within a range of 6.4-6.6 in soil is ideal.

You can test the EC of the run off but I don't mess with checking the pH. The pH soil pen will be much more accurate for determining the pH at the roots.

Back