My volcano erupted

Yes I think that's what they went by. Still have not got the new one mailed out yet. They keep saying this week or next.
wow how dangerous is that and i would want a refund and just think how many fakes must be out there

More fakes than real would be my guess.

20200312_154829.jpg

Finally got it in. That whip thing can kick your ass. Will allow you to take massive hits. Heats up very fast. The phone app works and is surprisingly useful at times.

I turned it down from 440 that's the temp I used the last one at. This one much more thoroughly cooks the herb. Comes out dark chocolate, instead of milk chocolate. The locking mechanism of chamber to volcano seems good.

I do like it and think it is worth the money to not have the smell, mess and smoke. My lady doesn't complain as much. The cost is a negative I do hope for a long life in the product. Very helpful while in quarantine.

Aptly named - seems like it was only a matter of time!
That does really suck though, sorry...

Just as an update on this. The Hybrid volcano has continued to function as it should. I use it daily. I currently keep it at 420. The buttons still all look new no issues there.

The negs are as such. First the whip, thing I never use it. It gets dirty fast anyway. The new bowl seemed good at first, but now it gets stuck together more often than not. It's hard to clean all the resin that keeps it sticking together. It leaks now and I need to get an extra one. These are harder to find than the regular digital model bowl. They are only on the S&B site for 60 bucks. You can get the other ones on Ebay.

The bluetooth part I use every now and then. Just to turn it on from bed. After a year of use. I would say buy the regular digital version. Don't buy the hybrid. Unless you want to warm it up from bed. But the vaporizer is my main smoking tool so I do suggest one.

I think the HerbalAire works better, waaaaaay cheaper, much smaller footprint and I think more flexible. Clean up...........a stir from a dab tool.....so a couple seconds.

And the HA casing seems ready for IH driving too, eventually, with the benefits of an instant heat source particulary suited for Pulse Heating mode.

Yeah, I don't know never tried it. Hopefully this one last a long time if not I may look into that one.

Yeah, I don't know never tried it. Hopefully this one last a long time if not I may look into that one.
Hopefully it will keep functioning properly.
The HerbalAire is very handy and just plain easy to use. You can even use it on your bong. I iced down a bong with a bunch of crushed ice. It's a hardcore hit!
I use it pretty much everyday.

Salutations TreyDogg,
Salutations WildBill,

Hopefully this one last a long time, if not I may look into that one.

Sorry about your loss, although actually even genuine units may happen to come with severe/critical conceptual issues. All too often it seems to me that what we eventually wish for only corresponds to what some total stranger(s) expect us to spend money on, simply to fulfil their own mercantile needs at priori...

The HerbalAire is very handy...

Well, to be honest i got real shocked after opening my old HA v2.1, many years ago, because i was forced to observe that zero provisions had been made at the blueprints stage to hold its temperature sensor firmly in place under all circumstances: hence, being loose some elusive genius at the factory decided (kind of late!!) to just tighten it up using a wood screw capable of puncturing electric wire isolation to a 50 Watts heater element if too tense... Which brings the fundamental concept of catastrophic failure modes, considering there's synthetic material inside that nobody would tolerate to overheat while inhaling - and of course the Murphy principle eventually applied, since that's why i had to check the facts, to begin with.

:coffee2:

Dealing with a temperature sensor failing to close my HA's control loop the damage to its teflon seals/supports could have proved extensive, while it destroyed my confidence in it most definitively anyway! Then later HA versions must certainly have corrected such awful (especially for the heat exchanger of a table vaporizer), so i always kept my tone down (until today) as i feel confident HerbalAire didn't make that same mistake twice.

:2cents:

Its quite expensive for what this is but if we're safe to assume its auxiliary heat protector will still trip when all else failed anyway then i see no other critic to make, except now i can't stand slow/steady thermostatic consumption methods anymore. Which basically doesn't imply that's no fair bargain when compared to competitors as the Arizer suite of products, for example.

Versatily was exceptional and i couldn't have evolved as a newbie vaporist without 1st following this exact path:

full

Bags were useful in the beginning, but their noise didn't help and i got increasingly concerned about path length, hence my vacuum solution illustrated above. Then i switched to exploring straw layouts at last, for example using Arizer's affordable Solo glassware:

full

...until wasteful baking finally became evident (fair aroma/taste appreciation practically required 300 mg as i recall), while ovenization ultimately prompted for a radical alternative where no overheating ever takes place between 2 tokes...

I'll save the rest for another story. :pop:

Good day, have fun!! :peace:

Back