Mystery Bugs In Runoff

Spanglish

Certified Rambler
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
White Crack and Alien Vs Triangle
These pics and video come from the runoff from my recently harvested White N Bubbly, so no panic, freak out or mental spasum, help is not needed and no plant is going to die unless its a zombie and comes back, as i chopped the hell out of her yesterday ;)

Just curious really what the hell are they, sorry these are the best pics i got (and i had to go through lots believe me to get these ans even then they still not that good but hopefully enough) and the videos not much help i would think but though i would add it anyways.

These pics and video were taken at a pretty high zoom level, these things were tiny and nowhere as near as white as the lighting to catch them makes them look, more a off white almost pale green. There was 100s if some times 1000s of these in the runoff each day as i cleansed he before the axing.

Plant was sick the whole grow, always put it down to plant that wanted to just big being unhappy in such a restrictive container, but maybe was this all along will never really know, buds are drying and are nice,hard,sticky and frosty, and never really seemed to stall in development, she was just showing defs all over her leaves of many different kind but mainly P, just continued to baby her she never stalled and made it, and as long as this weather don't ruin it and rot then she produced some pretty nice buds considering what she had to live in lol

The soil was Bio Bizz light along with with Bio Bizz grow, bloom,algamic, heaven and BAC organic PK, ProCal CakMg that may very likely be going bad and is in the trash now, soil was treated with Mycos and two different types of baterias one for grow and the other for bloom from Agrobacteias info is on their site as to the contents of these bacteria products if would help or be required (only in Spanish last look sorry) but the soil looks active as fuck and the roots are sticking out of any hole they cab, have not removed the airpot yet.

Thats about all the info i can give really as i say i have no clue, could they be baddies or would they be goodies or aliens from the planet zog, will post this all up here hope some with more brain than me has some idea and this can become a reference for anyone else who ever comes across, and wonders like me what the feck are these thing and what you fooking doing in my plant soil.

20161117_203043.jpg
20161117_203057.jpg
20161117_203259.jpg
20161117_203330.jpg
20161117_203334.jpg
20161117_203343.jpg
20161117_203348.jpg
20161117_203408.jpg
20161117_203443_HDR.jpg
20161117_203445_HDR.jpg

Why are they a mystery to you?
These are regular and harmless.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

In my past 12 plants have never seen them, hence why they are a mystery to me, will say hello to Mr Regular and Mr Harmless then ;)

Looks like thrips to me, Spanglish :coffee2:

Looks like just about any type of tiny insect/larvae to me lol never seen any flyers/jumpers though and though her leaves got pretty rough from defs never saw speck of thrip damage. They were purely in the soil from what i can see, got me wanting to peal of the airpot and check the soil at the first chance now, cam in hand and with curiosity and interest in what i will find lol

Might they be springtails?

"Springtails are mostly a nuisance pest, doing little damage to plants. They will chew roots in the soil where they’re located, and can inhibit plant hardiness. But they seldom do major damage."

https://www.planetnatural.com/pest-problem-solver/houseplant-pests/springtail-control/

Was one thing that crossed my mind and have seen a couple of Springtails under the surface soil on of my old grows, might of had a pic in there or not will have to dig through and check as was a while back now. Hard to tell from the lighting needed to get them to show in the so so pics if is the same thing but they were sure quick little swimmers and linked together fast to keep a good surface area to float on, was kinda cool to watch lol Have always used the same soil so would have been Light Mix also used on the grow, where the Springtail was seen and confirmed by a Google picture ID.

Looks like @MedGrower could have got it spot on, well done you and thanks for the input from all. Found a few pics of Springtails to check against what i got here and sure looks the same to me, dont know why i did not bother to search out and try and ID myself before posting here (guess that i what posting baked at 4am does to your judgement lol)

Well hopefully will make a useful reference to anyone like me who had the question WTF are these, and give the answer they need.

The first pic i come across shows the true colour i was trying to describe without the lighting for the photo

wet-spring-household-insects-fig-2.jpg

This looks just like the way mine did when exposed in the photo under lighting

sprngtls-I-tricolor-furcula14-7.jpg

And then the linking together to help the group stay afloat like i mentioned before with the same colour as caught in previous pics

Springtails_3.jpg

:smokeout: ayuh! them is springtails Spanglish (good call Medgrower!),.. decaying material feeders, part of the "recycling" team,.. they can build up into plague-like population numbers, but are otherwise harmless... you can always poke at a live one, and see if it jumps away.. happens so fast, it's like it teleported! :poof: ... easy to kill too, if you need to knock the population down, most anything will work,.. be sure to add some wetting agent to the solution, which will overcome their natural water repellancy,... :cheers:

:smokeout: ayuh! them is springtails Spanglish (good call Medgrower!),.. decaying material feeders, part of the "recycling" team,.. they can build up into plague-like population numbers, but are otherwise harmless... you can always poke at a live one, and see if it jumps away.. happens so fast, it's like it teleported! :poof: ... easy to kill too, if you need to knock the population down, most anything will work,.. be sure to add some wetting agent to the solution, which will overcome their natural water repellancy,... :cheers:

Thanks for the always informative knowledge brother @Waira ;) The plant is harvested going on two days a go now and buds look pretty damn fine, but good to know how to deal with them in future or not to as they don't seem to much bother, so the hippie in me would rather see them live lol. Only appeared the last few days as i flushed the soil a bit 100s at a time, but then again was a 1 litre pot girl and don't take her to runoff much, so could have been there a while and that cleaned them out, but have seen them before and did not spot one in the soil at all the whole grow, and the other plant still growing in a bigger pot has nothing in the soil or the runoff either, so weird they were all the small ones too, like in my original pics but nothing in runoff i would call a normal sized Springtail from what i have seen from before.

Well at least the pics n info might be good for something and i still get to enjoy my smoke (grrr when it finished drying lol)

:smoking: makes sense to me mate, undisturbed populations can stay "local" and grow quite large,... apparently you make some delish' detritus my friend! :crying:... I'm geussing there are literally thousands of species in their family, so diverse variations would be likely,.. same with thrips! Some grow pretty big, atypical in appearance and color,... :eek1: :haha:

Back