Chi Cerca Trova
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Root Beer Float, ZaMango, Strawbba the Hutt, Jimmy Jacks, Invader Zam
IMG_3099.jpeg
IMG_3101.jpeg
IMG_3102.jpeg

I recently saw these mites crawling on my plants. I’ve seen soil mites before and figured that’s what they are. But there are A LOT of them now and they are on the plants now. Any one seen these before? Any insight would be appreciated.

View attachment 1667791View attachment 1667792View attachment 1667793
View attachment 1667794
I recently saw these mites crawling on my plants. I’ve seen soil mites before and figured that’s what they are. But there are A LOT of them now and they are on the plants now. Any one seen these before? Any insight would be appreciated.

They sorta look like the soil mites I've had and have seen them on the plants in an abundance before not sure what drove them there. Is your pot really wet or dry? or did you do anything that might drive them out of the soil? They look too fast to be harmful most fast moving bugs are good from what've I've been told

These look like springtails. Do the jump fast when you move your finger around them?
They don’t jump, just crawl away really fast or crawl on me.
They sorta look like the soil mites I've had and have seen them on the plants in an abundance before not sure what drove them there. Is your pot really wet or dry? or did you do anything that might drive them out of the soil? They look too fast to be harmful most fast moving bugs are good from what've I've been told
This is what I figured they might be, I’ve just never seen so many of them before. I top dressed with craft blend, buildaflower and kashi. It’s the first time using the kashi blend from BAS. So there is a ton of organic matter at the top of the EBs. I see none in the EB with no top dress and no cover. I also watered in some extra recharge after adding water to the rez. I usually don’t worry if they are fast, but I’m always afraid of the dreaded spider mite *knocks on wood*

Thanks for the responses y’all. :smokeout:

They don’t jump, just crawl away really fast or crawl on me.

This is what I figured they might be, I’ve just never seen so many of them before. I top dressed with craft blend, buildaflower and kashi. It’s the first time using the kashi blend from BAS. So there is a ton of organic matter at the top of the EBs. I see none in the EB with no top dress and no cover. I also watered in some extra recharge after adding water to the rez. I usually don’t worry if they are fast, but I’m always afraid of the dreaded spider mite *knocks on wood*

Thanks for the responses y’all. :smokeout:

Yup just keep a close eye on them and as long as you don't see webs and they don't turn red then I'd say you're fine. I've gotten loads of them in CoM EWC if they're the same thing. I've sprayed with insecticidal soap and or spinosad to maintain them but they're hard to eliminate and sorta a waste of pesticide :toke::pass::goodluck:

These look to have antennae to me more then long front legs based on all of them being in the air in the pictures and video... Spider mites, or any mites, don't have antennae :2cents:
They do look like they have antennae. I think you might be right. Springtails are also beneficial right?

They do look like they have antennae. I think you might be right. Springtails are also beneficial right?
Beneficial for the soil. You're probably seeing them on the plants because there's so many in the box that they're exploring and looking for food. Spinosap or lost coast plant therapy will fight them back

Back