Extraction NAGreengo's - Hard Pressed

Nice! I think I'm gonna do some Ogre Berry. That should be some flavorful rosin.
Gotta be tomorrow! I'm gonna eat some badass fried catfish with my cousin here in a few hours
My Ogreberry definitely needed higher temps on the press ... She's greesy. Star Krunch is much the same consistency on the shorter cured buds. Longer cured seems much more firm.

:pass:

I've done a couple of 15g runs of WTF with the new DIY press, but so far my yields are kinda low, like 0.8 or 0.9 grams. I tried 210°, 205°, and 195° so far with similar results. It looks like a lot of rosin is stuck in the filter cloth and the pucks. I'm pre-pressing 2x4 pucks, and wrapping them in 106 micron nylon. I'll try trimming off as much filter as possible next time.
Pre-Press rig:
Pre-press_2x4.jpg
I also had the parchment too tight in back and got a blowout. I had to wash the plates with alcohol.
Parchment_blowout.jpg
The rosin sure smells good, way better than any of the commercial concentrates I've whiffed in the dispensaries. A li'l dab'll do me:
WTF_rosin.jpg

Last edited:
Nice! That Night Owl Mango something I did, may be a colorful hash girl. She purples up a fair bit and it colored some of the trichs.
I need to run that in dry ice! 3 stuffed 1 gal bags. :eyebrows:

I got some 2" tubing by Rosineer, 90 micron. I thought they meant 2" diameter, but it's 2" wide when flattened out, so only 1.25"
diameter when you open it up. So I had to find a 1.25" pre-press. Digging around in my basement I found a piece of 1.25" metal closet rod tubing and an old hickory shovel handle. I was able to cram 30g of WTF into a 4" sausage. Tied the ends with a constrictor knot in dental floss (un-waxed):
pre-press_1.25dia.jpgpre-press_sausage1z.jpg
The sausage held up pretty well after 5 minute warmup at 185°, and 5 minutes max pressure:
WTF_rosin.4b.jpg
Yield was 2.4g. Not counting a ball of rosin that shot into space while I was trying to get it unstuck off my spatula.
I'm saving pucks to press them again.
wtf_rosin.4.jpg

Last edited:
I got some 2" tubing by Rosineer, 90 micron. I thought they meant 2" diameter, but it's 2" wide when flattened out, so only 1.25"
diameter when you open it up. So I had to find a 1.25" pre-press. Digging around in my basement I found a piece of 1.25" metal closet rod tubing and an old hickory shovel handle. I was able to cram 30g of WTF into a 4" sausage. Tied the ends with a constrictor knot in dental floss (un-waxed):
View attachment 1596657View attachment 1596658
The sausage held up pretty well after 5 minute warmup at 185°, and 5 minutes max pressure:
View attachment 1596659
Yield was 2.4g. Not counting a ball of rosin that shot into space while I was trying to get it unstuck off my spatula.
View attachment 1596656
You ever try to use something from the fridge makes it come off easier. You can also use freezer usually that shit flakes tho. Shatters like I've. Your probably better making edibles off the pucks. I only press for minute and a half. Don't use bags just fat nugs you can use a garlic press with parchment to brick them

@Mara Cachafa maybe try smaller amounts in the bags and running multiple bags next to each other. Also standing the bags up will lose less to the bags
PXL_20220930_020048163.jpg

Here's how I do my bags in here

View attachment 1596657View attachment 1596658
View attachment 1596659
View attachment 1596656
Did you calculate what your effective material pressure was with whatever gage pressure it was?.......that's sorta backwards, but I hope ya understand what I'm asking.

Back