Extraction NAGreengo's - Hard Pressed

Well I finished up the pressings last night. Absolutely beautiful flowing Rosin, so damn blonde!
With no gauge, consistency with the Mini is relatively difficult to do. I do think I've found a pretty decent method to get the best quality rosin.

Here's what I'm doing:

1. I'm using the 37 Micron bags filled with approximately 5.5 grams.
2. I hand press the filled bag to get the bag size and then cold press it to finalize the size.
3. I am using a increasing temperature and supposedly pressure method. I'm starting out at 130 degrees Fahrenheit and my ending temperature is 175.
4. I let the bag sit with light pressure for approximately 45 seconds to one minute.
5. I restart the timer, apply more pressure and let it sit for approximately 45 seconds to one minute .
6. I then set the temperature on the mini to my ending temperature level 175 degrees Fahrenheit. The mini slowly increases the temperature and hits the target temperature at around the five minute mark
7. With steady pressure, the bag begins to flow at approximately the 3:30 minute mark.
8. When I begin to feel the flow to begin in earnest, I begin to increase the pressure.
9. I end the press in the six to seven minute range.
A beautiful golden product is the result.

I did second press all the cooks last night and got 2.65 grams out of that. Naturally, it was much darker and a different consistency.
55 to 57% is about all I can get with the Mini from the first pressing. With a gauge, I'm quite sure I could get it higher.
There's no big deal, really, in the percentage of the return I get. The pressed pucks are saved for when I have enough, I decarb them and infuse into MCT oil. The Argent FX is now in an infuse cycle as I do this update. It should be a fairly potent oil. I had to stuff them down to get them all inside!
View attachment 1609460View attachment 1609461View attachment 1609462View attachment 1609463
59c48da5-1e14-4a09-a4d8-75223c771ef1_text.gif

That rosin looks delicious!

View attachment 1609466
That rosin looks delicious!
Jesus dude! I remember watching that scene in the theaters! Damn it's been a long time ago! I think it was Christmas a 67 was the release date. It was bad ass in the theater!
It is very flavorful rosin. The mango taste does change a little, but it's still quite prominent.
I would say it leans more sativa in the high, but it is still an unusual high. Body high is kinda a relaxed feeling with seemingly some pain relief. I think "increased focus" is the best way to describe the head high. It seems to be a good daytime vape with no couch lock at all. It would probably be good for something monotonous needing lots of attention in detail, like perfecting a car's paint finish.
The mango taste did decline slightly in its prominence from smoking the hash, but it is still very prominent with other terps coming through.

Here is some of my live rosin I made the other day from Root Beer Float! The picture doesn't capture exactly how blonde it is . This was stirred up and turned into a pretty crystalline like crumble and even lighter color.
I used the same ascending temperatures as before, but started off this one at 125*F for a minute and then increased with ending temperature at 175. Down a little bit on return, but with this quality, I'm happy as hell!
IMG_20230711_005718019_HDR.jpg

Pretty damn potent and actually a very even head/body high. I've been hitting it fairly hard today and it has seemed to have reduced my pain level somewhat. I microdose with my swordfish vape, so I can keep a handle on things. You hit a nail really good size dad with this and it will hit you behind the eyes for sure.

Quite excellent meds @Jean-O

Here is some of my live rosin I made the other day from Root Beer Float! The picture doesn't capture exactly how blonde it is . This was stirred up and turned into a pretty crystalline like crumble and even lighter color.
I used the same ascending temperatures as before, but started off this one at 125*F for a minute and then increased with ending temperature at 175. Down a little bit on return, but with this quality, I'm happy as hell!View attachment 1613286

Pretty damn potent and actually a very even head/body high. I've been hitting it fairly hard today and it has seemed to have reduced my pain level somewhat. I microdose with my swordfish vape, so I can keep a handle on things. You hit a nail really good size dad with this and it will hit you behind the eyes for sure.

Quite excellent meds @Jean-O
Looks noice! RBF definitely is great for pain...
:pass:

Mephisto Genetics Sundae Thumper is bringing outstanding returns, this run yielded 23%. I am still evaluating, but she seems zippy at first...then settles into a relaxed numbing body high afterwards..I'll report back on her in a few days ..

:bow:

So it wasn't just my imagination! Good to know, man! Thanks!
I've actually wondered if RBF contains high levels of CBD because it truly does a great job at dulling pain. I thought about sending a smidge off for testing but never followed through.

I've actually wondered if RBF contains high levels of CBD because it truly does a great job at dulling pain. I thought about sending a smidge off for testing but never followed through.

That very well could be the case man!

Back