No pollen yet - howcum?

My Plants from my cross of sexing a Northern lights auto and pollenating a barny's farm glue gelato auto
20210801_161135.jpg
20210801_161035.jpg

20210905-082755.jpg

My first cross grown out. It smells like sugar, cant wait to smoke it. No banana's. Amazing hybrid vigor. R1's/F1's are the bees knees.

Yes I would say you are ready to pluck and dry then sift... I think it could be strain specific on how good the CS solution works with getting good pollen... I have some strains it works real good and I can get a lot of good pollen with it other strains it doesnt work too well at all with getting much pollen. I had a walter white that said no to it completely and just flowered no matter how long I sprayed it for. Ive been using CS for the last few years and have been looking into STS thinking about giving it a go next time I go looking for pollen....
It makes no difference, I've reversed 100s of different strains and no matter what u use they are genetically pre disposed to produce pollen or not. The chems and stardawgs never put out pollen no matter how they are reversed. Some.will grow sacks like a male, some will make huge calyxs with multiple sacks in one calyx. It never matters how it's reversed. I've used CS, STS, GA, and also used the same stuff that CSI Humboldt uses. If the plant is reversed, it's reversed and is either gonna have a lot of pollen or have empty sacks. These weren't autos I was reversing they were the same clones off the same mom dine differently.
IME the harder it is to reverse a plant the less likely to show intersex issues.

20220113_085722.jpg

OK, TY for this Heisenbeans. I F'in know I did it right. My one branch turned male and grew bananas like mad. Not one would produce pollen.
So... some genetics are just stubborn and might not produce pollen?

OK, TY for this Heisenbeans. I F'in know I did it right. My one branch turned male and grew bananas like mad. Not one would produce pollen.
So... some genetics are just stubborn and might not produce pollen?
That's correct, when I reverse clones its the same story. I have reversed the same mom different ways with always the same results.
Like the real beezy wedding cake will give you tons of bananas but no pollen. I noticed stardawg and Chem crosses are like this. Not much pollen at all. Same with triangle kush.
If I was breeding autos I personally would reverse the entire plant besides one branch to see what plant expressions I'm after. If the plant has plenty of viable pollen that's what I would use and toss the rest.

That's correct, when I reverse clones its the same story. I have reversed the same mom different ways with always the same results.
Like the real beezy wedding cake will give you tons of bananas but no pollen. I noticed stardawg and Chem crosses are like this. Not much pollen at all. Same with triangle kush.
If I was breeding autos I personally would reverse the entire plant besides one branch to see what plant expressions I'm after. If the plant has plenty of viable pollen that's what I would use and toss the rest.
I've only reversed three strains, Mephiso Fugue State, Mephisto 24 Carat, and Dinamed Auto CBD Kush, but got enough pollen every time. I reverse the entire plant with home made fresh CS. I entirely soak the plant top and bottom of leaves and keep doing it daily until balls start to show signs of opening. Likely I have just been lucky I guess but so far, pollen every time, although not much. Good thing it does not take much. :biggrin:

How far along would you say that it just not reversing? I've been spraying CS for about a month on 2 different plants ( Sweet seeds fast bud#2 and a lemon haze ). The fastbud #2 is starting to show signs of small sacks but very small, and the Lemon haze just bud. Anyone know when to just say it's not happening?

How far along would you say that it just not reversing? I've been spraying CS for about a month on 2 different plants ( Sweet seeds fast bud#2 and a lemon haze ). The fastbud #2 is starting to show signs of small sacks but very small, and the Lemon haze just bud. Anyone know when to just say it's not happening?
As Long as the plant is not throwing hairs its gonna reverse. If it's throwing hairs your doing something wrong. Your cs is to weak or you need to apply more often.

Can you over spray the plant with to much CS ?

Back