(non autoflower related mythbusting) CBD flower!

Reaction score
So theres a growing market for CBD flower, i have purchased some in the past and i found there was something not quite right with it, almost as if it wasn't actual CBD flower but had been made to act like it, one got me high, a very strange high, the other did nothing and i felt a little sick, very low almost the worst of the worst street grade, dirty looking dark buds with a chemical and almost degraded moldy smell on the one that got me high, and the other just smelt like dirt.

I want to know if any of you guys have tried the CBD flower on the market at the minute and how if at all it compares to home grown CBD bud and your experiences with it overall?
In my experience so far, its a subpar a possibly adulterated product.
I want to get to the bottom of it.

Ive just thrown an order in for some to keep me going untill i get some real weed.
One strain is reviewed to be seedy as hell, which im hoping it is, im going to grow it and find out for myself if whats on the market is legit or as i suspect, a dodgey product.

Last edited:
So theres a growing market for CBD flower, i have purchased some in the past and i found there was something not quite right with it, almost as if it wasn't actual CBD flower but had been made to act like it, one got me high, a very strange high, the other did nothing and i felt a little sick, very low almost the worst of the worst street grade, dirty looking dark buds with a chemical and almost degraded moldy smell on the one that got me high, and the other just smelt like dirt.

I want to know if any of you guys have tried the CBD flower on the market at the minute and how if at all it compares to home grown CBD bud and your experiences with it overall?

Ive just thrown an order in for some to keep me going untill i get some real weed.
One strain is reviewed to be seedy as hell, which im hoping it is, im going to grow it and find out for myself if whats on the market is legit or as i suspect, a dodgey product.
Well I cannot make any CBD from a dispensary reports because I only grow my own.

I do believe there are differences between CBD from hemp or from Sativa. I believe it is a synergistic effect when CBD is present with all of the other natural occurring cannabinoids including THC that works best.

There are way too many variables to know. I live in a state where dispensaries only have to know the the cbd ratio. They don't have to test for actual CBD content. Many states work the same way. If you grow CBD seeds/ plants you will need to have the bud tested to know ANYTHING about the cbd in it. No way around it. I have a cherry wine cut that tests at 15% cbd constantly and get no patient complaints. Good cbd starts with good genetics..

I've never bought the dispensary stuff, but I just grew some Dinamed Auto CBD Kush. I tried the scissor hash, and it was very pleasant tasting, but with very subtle effects. Slight bit of extra well being is about all that I may have noticed. I haven't tried the bud itself because it is still hanging before being jarred for the cure.

I will be making extract with most of it for combining with extract from other strains with THC. As @Mañ'O'Green mentions, it is probable that many of the benefits of CBD are most effective in combination with at least some THC, and maybe with other cannabinoids and terpenes. Cannabis is a complicated drug.

And as @Proph notes, unless the strain you have has been reliably tested, there is no way to know what is in there for sure. I expect that by sticking with the breeders known to conservatively report test results you will likely get more or less what is reported, but not even that is an absolute guarantee due to phenotypic variation, especially in early generation crosses.

Good luck with your grow, I hope you end up with some good CBD bud. :pighug:

Last edited:
Hi guy's, Im from the UK so i was mainly interested in the UK CBD market. So far from my experience i call foul play on the product's being sold.

I saw some of that dirty brown CBD flower recently in a shop. $30 fro 1/8? The only lefitmate use for that stuff might be to use the congtainer to camouflage your real stuff. Same deal with your legal THC flower jar from the dispensary. No, really officer. I know the label says 2018. I just dont' smoke very much for my particular condition. LOL

I recieved mine the other day, its brown, small nugged and tastes chemical, funnily enough its prettey much street grade, for my part of the world, just without an actual high.. Apparently its just industrial hemp thats been sprayed with some terpenes and cannabanoid's. Its prettey vile! My consensus : stay well away!

Back