Humboldt Seed Organization Only1Sky goes Kushy with Humboldt's Bubba & OG

Only1Sky

The only way out is in.
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Dinafem, Sweet Seeds, Mephisto, HSO
Participating in the Humboldt Seed Organization 2019 Grow Off! with a Bubba Kush and an OG Kush.

My kit for this grow is:
Gorilla Grow tent: 4x4x8
Lights: Cobshop COBs (4x3500k and 1 2700k); schedule: 20/4
6" intake fan, 6" exhaust fan, two interior circulation fans
Analog humidifier with Inkbird Controller
Standard AutoPot with air-domes
Medium: Roots Organics Original; amended with dolomite, azomite, silicium & worm casings
Nutrients: to be determined; probably Advanced Nutrients, but maybe Greenleaf Nutrients

0.0 HSO drop.JPG
O.2.HSO Jiffy.jpg

Participating in the Humboldt Seed Organization 2019 Grow Off! with a Bubba Kush and an OG Kush.

My kit for this grow is:
Medium: Roots Organics Original; amended with dolomite, azomite, silicium & worm casings
Nutrients: to be determined; probably Advanced Nutrients, but maybe Greenleaf Nutrients

View attachment 1048482 View attachment 1048481
nice job great to have you along also i see you moved onto peat pods instead of root riots i hope they work out better for you

Yeh, my first run with these "Jiffy peat pellets" and I'm finding them more to my liking. They seem easier to manage in terms of moisture content, and looser in density which I think will make it easier/faster for the roots to do their thing. It took 72 hours from DROP to POP. Of that, the last 36 hours were in the peat pellets -- by which time these cotyledons were showing and roots already peaking out the bottom of the pellets.

1.Bubba a.JPG
1.Bubba b.JPG

My kit for this grow is:

View attachment 1048482 View attachment 1048481

Another HSO grow off diary up and running :pass:

It's great to see lots of new diaries being started upon my return from my Easter break :thumbsup:

Both OG kush and Bubba kush auto being represented. Let's see what you can do my friend :bong:

Let's do this AFN!

Kind regards

Mark..

Day 6. So far, so good. Just a little bit of RO water with a couple of drops of Roots Excellerator and daily misting with Opti-Foliar. Temps 72-78, RH 55-58.

6.Bubba.JPG
6.OGK.JPG

Day 6. So far, so good. Just a little bit of RO water with a couple of drops of Roots Excellerator and daily misting with Opti-Foliar. Temps 72-78, RH 55-58.

View attachment 1051688 View attachment 1051689

Looks happy and healthy to me my friend :pass:

Great to see the HSO sub-forum finally rocking with some beautiful grows up and running :bong:

Thanks for the update mate :thumbsup:

Kind regards

Mark..

Day 11. I'm impressed with the leaf development, but worried about the stalks. The stalks are leggy and thin, especially at the base --- makes me worry about damping-off, which plagued my last grow cycle. I'm adding some support (bent paper-clip) for them and saying a few prayers. :biggrin:

11.HSO Bubba.JPG
11.HSO OG.JPG

Day 16. I think we're past the damping-off risk. :d5: These gals are really taking off. The concern now is that the stalks are having trouble supporting the weight of the leaf development. Today I removed the paper-clip supports, but will be installing some new to help them through the next couple of weeks.

16.HSO Bubba.JPG
16.HSO OG.JPG

Day 17 and OG Kush doing so well that I decided to top her off. Here's her before and after pics. I think I need a new camera, its hard to see anything here.

17.HSO OG before top.JPG
17.HSO OG after top a.JPG

Day 17 and OG Kush doing so well that I decided to top her off. Here's her before and after pics. I think I need a new camera, its hard to see anything here.

View attachment 1056025 View attachment 1056024

Nice job on the topping my friend, she looks to have responded well :thumbsup:

How is the stalk doing mate? Have you thought about a straw, split down the middle and cut to size? You can use it like a jacket around the stem and can easily be removed :thumbsup:

Just a thought my friend :bong:

Kind regards

Mark..

Back