overwatering, STS tox, or contagious???

Olderfart

DIY whenever possible, and sometimes when it isn't
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Various strains, via MCT oil tincture, gummies, dry flower vaping.
Here is the problem plant, the first time I have seen this:
IMG_0273.jpg
IMG_0275.jpg

Here are her same age sisters, all treated identically:
IMG_0274.jpg

About 27 days since cotys up, coco with ~35% perlite, buffered by yours truly, MCII @ ~ 1000EC, watered two times daily to ~20% runoff.

All are being treated with STS, spray #4 was last night. Previous applications were once every two days, last nights was in error after one day.

I suspect either overwatering, or STS mischief, but would like to know if this is consistent with viral infection, in which case I may have a more serious problem than an STS or watering screwup. Watering does not make a lot of sense to me given that when I do serious solos with auto irrigation, fertigation would be more frequently, maybe 4 or six times a day by now. A couple of the sisters may be showing initial hints of the same mischief. I'm puzzled.

Advice would be appreciated, soon would be nice. Thanks. :pighug:

My initial reaction is sts, but you’re treating all… so…. Sts tends to make some really crappy looking plants.

All the same genetics?

Don’t know about the viral issues, have been lucky on that one. Someone else will pop in shortly.

My initial reaction is sts, but you’re treating all… so…. Sts tends to make some really crappy looking plants.

All the same genetics?

Don’t know about the viral issues, have been lucky on that one. Someone else will pop in shortly.
All different species, with one repeat in the better four. The sick one is Mephisto Strawberry Nuggets, the others a mix of stuff. I am thinking STS too, I think I screwed up doing it two days in a row, and maybe I have been applying too much. I will leave them alone for two days before hitting them again, and will concentrate on the nodes rather than misting all the fans as well. I hope the problem plant does not die. All I need is a bit of pollen... :pighug:

I have not used STS, I use colloidal silver. That I spray daily. I was under the impression that STS was a one and done, maybe a second application and that’s it kinda thing? Again, I haven’t used it.

That's most likely the reaction to the STS treatment. The others will most likely follow in suit. Normally you only need one or two treatments when using STS, why do four? Are they so difficult to flip sex?
5/5 dead as a doornail, all different strains, all identical if varying rates of decline. I am going to try a few more shortly, including a test of three identical plants with different STS application techs. One soaked like the dead ones, one lightly misted including fans, and one almost exclusively on nodes. The pollen will be too late for me this year, but I will keep it for the next round next fall.

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it. :pighug:

Back