New Grower Please help me.. I beg you! Strain Help

Johnnybudseed

Still dreaming of a perfect grow.
Reaction score
Hello i am very very new to this as this is my first post ever. I am in need of some good strain advice as i have been trying to grow my dream crop and have been running into alot of issues. I am a legal patient where i live and can grow 6 mature plants legally [which i am trying to do] My first attempt upon getting my license was a nightmare and all i can say is i ended up with 1 KC45 out of 6 and its not pretty. I then moved on to my current grow which consist of Buddha seeds auto mix. I have 5 growing right now [2 mature and 3 at around 3 weeks] the 2 mature outgrew my grow tent/box and was forced to move outside, the other 3 i have in place now in the tent. I am thinking of scrapping them and starting fresh as know i have all the needed equipment and food [i believe] I guess i will begin on my set up.. I have a 4x4 grow tent with a 400 watt HPS/MH light, Strong exhaust fan [also works as a fan for the plants - has small windows that open which exhaust sucks through and fans the plants in the process] 6 3GALsmart pots, fox farm ocean forrest soil, FF 3 nutes line-up with epsom salt, mollasses and super thrive [please let me know if i should be using these] also i just purchased FloraNova as i heard it was great for flowering autos. I water with RH water and try to keep my PH around 6.5 [should i do this for all nutes?] anyway THE POINT IS i want to finally grow a succesful 6 plant crop [auto] with short stature and fat skunky buds and minimal leaves like the one in the picture. Please help me find a perfect strain like this for me and let me know how i should use my nutes. Thanks a million and i hope i can finally get the correct advice and complete my first dream crop. I am in need of my meds and cant afford to buy from the dispensary any longer. Thanks again guys and i cant wait for any and all responses! Godbless and Thank god for this wonderful medicine we call Cannibis.
FATAUTO.jpg

Check out Short Stuff seeds, as the name implies nearly all their strains are on the short side, at least according to the breeder. My Short Riders from Nirvana are in about four gallons of soil and as of day 41 they are 25-26 inches tall from soil to top. Folks have been finding their FFOF at a ph of 4.5 so you may need some lime, or at least a soil ph probe so you know what you have. There is a lot of good info here on AFN, it takes a while but try reading a half dozen or so grow journals there is all sorts of great little nuggets of wisdom floating about that aren't necessarily search-able. Also start a grow journal so people can follow along and offer advice along the way. Good luck, grow well, be happy!

Check out Short Stuff seeds, as the name implies nearly all their strains are on the short side, at least according to the breeder. My Short Riders from Nirvana are in about four gallons of soil and as of day 41 they are 25-26 inches tall from soil to top. Folks have been finding their FFOF at a ph of 4.5 so you may need some lime, or at least a soil ph probe so you know what you have. There is a lot of good info here on AFN, it takes a while but try reading a half dozen or so grow journals there is all sorts of great little nuggets of wisdom floating about that aren't necessarily search-able. Also start a grow journal so people can follow along and offer advice along the way. Good luck, grow well, be happy!

Thanks alot man i will look into Short Stuff. Your plants look awesome too!

WP_20151029_05_57_54_Pro[1].jpg
I am going to recommend Big Bang by Green House Company. It has been such a easy hardy plant. It is rated at over %20 thc and heavy yield of upbeat indica. 42 day bloom period. The pic is at about 40 days. You should also stop growing more than one strain at a time. That is an advanced technique. I grow different ones together because I had gotten bored with single crop. Learn to crawl, then walk and finally run. If you have too much of an excellent grow, one can easily trade with others for variety.

Hey
There is a lot of tremendous strains out there these days. Do a lot of research. Sites like seedfinder will help in addition to journals on sites like this. Autos are awesome plants...but they can be finicky plants since there is little time for veg state any errors will hurt the final yield. Growing out photos will certainly leave more room for error.

I have run Foxfarm trio for 3 years outdoors and found it to be a solid line of nutes. I also ran the ff bloom trio and found it to be beneficial as well.

View attachment 499805 I am going to recommend Big Bang by Green House Company. It has been such a easy hardy plant. It is rated at over %20 thc and heavy yield of upbeat indica. 42 day bloom period. The pic is at about 40 days. You should also stop growing more than one strain at a time. That is an advanced technique. I grow different ones together because I had gotten bored with single crop. Learn to crawl, then walk and finally run. If you have too much of an excellent grow, one can easily trade with others for variety.
Thank you very much! I know, im still crawling here. lol

Hey
There is a lot of tremendous strains out there these days. Do a lot of research. Sites like seedfinder will help in addition to journals on sites like this. Autos are awesome plants...but they can be finicky plants since there is little time for veg state any errors will hurt the final yield. Growing out photos will certainly leave more room for error.

I have run Foxfarm trio for 3 years outdoors and found it to be a solid line of nutes. I also ran the ff bloom trio and found it to be beneficial as well.
WOW! nice grows man! much respect. I will post photos soon so i can show you guys. Thanks to you Green and to every one else you guys are awesome!

I actually disagree with hal on this one. Try a bunch of different strains to find out which smoke works for your medical condition, and which strains grow best in your room.

I agree with 912GreenSkell I would try a lot of strains and see what turns out the best with the way you grow. I Just stopped using the Happy frog from Fox farms and have switched over to Roots Organic. I have to add 1/4 - 1/2 cup lime to each bag of roots but it is worth it. I also have had great success with adding 1/2 gallon worth of steer manure to the soil which allows me to go way longer before I ever have to do my first feed. It has cut out the need for veg nutes altogether.

wow. thats an awesome way to start! i am very interested and would like to do this to save money on nutes [use only flower nutes] so do you recommend this strategy?

Back