Grow Mediums Rain Science Grow Bags communal test thread

Mine arrived a few days ago, and is already full of coco, And waiting on a seed to pop up...
20190125_102601.jpg
20190127_090259.jpg

Now, my question, Do we start a thread here and update, or do we just link to our thread that we're using the bag in?

Mine arrived a few days ago, and is already full of coco, And waiting on a seed to pop up...View attachment 1006577 View attachment 1006576
Now, my question, Do we start a thread here and update, or do we just link to our thread that we're using the bag in?
And we are underway! I got 2 beans germinating now, they will be going into cups tonight. Hopefully they will break ground tomorrow.

I’ll check again but I was at PO yesterday afternoon and no bag.

I really wanna get started is it ok if I just use the 3 gal I purchased from u. Bad weather today so I’m not going to check PO. If it shows I can see how easy they slide out of the 3 gal and put in the 5 gal.
Thats cool do what you gotta do, I will say it might be difficult to transplant a plant such a short time after its been put in the three, because the roots won't bind the soil together yet... you could just do the whole grow in a 3. still plenty of room for most autos

Thats cool do what you gotta do, I will say it might be difficult to transplant a plant such a short time after its been put in the three, because the roots won't bind the soil together yet... you could just do the whole grow in a 3. still plenty of room for most autos
Yeah I woulda given a couple weeks and caught it on a dried cycle when the coco is a little shrunken from the sides. The commercial bags look like they’ll let it slide right out no problem. I was gonna use 5 gal on my porch with cherry tomatoes my boys snack on them all summer instead of junk. I put them on the porch and teach them how to garden and grow their own snacks. Hopefully they can run the entire garden this year. I’ll play it by ear. Also gonna try to run a couple 10 gal girls outdoors. And yes 3 gal of coco is enough for almost all autos. May require more frequent waterings but they can get big

Back