Real Science vs Bro Science: Ohhh some of you are NOT going to like this!

Word, heard Kevin Jodrey say the same thing on YouTube, basically that brewing is a "whole thing" and compost extract is just wet compost mashed around. Makes perfect sense to me, every organic tea I have ever brewed was plant-poison, but my raw compost is magic on the peppers and tomatoes.

Word, heard Kevin Jodrey say the same thing on YouTube, basically that brewing is a "whole thing" and compost extract is just wet compost mashed around. Makes perfect sense to me, every organic tea I have ever brewed was plant-poison, but my raw compost is magic on the peppers and tomatoes.
I'm a bit confused by your "plant poison" term. LOL!

I'm a bit confused by your "plant poison" term. LOL!
hahahah, let me say it another way: nobody should EVER apply my compost teas to ANY plants they intend to keep alive...lol

Hence why I now grow coco/hydro and leave the composting for my veggie garden.

hahahah, let me say it another way: nobody should EVER apply my compost teas to ANY plants they intend to keep alive...lol

Hence why I now grow coco/hydro and leave the composting for my veggie garden.
LMMFAO!!!

I found what she says to be very interesting, im not completely giving up on a.c.t or anything like that, but it helps to always keep an open mind about things and entertain the notion that we can always learn more and sometimes better things. It seems like that is a problem we have as a society in whole. Im glad to see everyone discussing what she says as opposed to just shooting it down. Props to you all.

Until science proves or disproves something, such as teas, I'll pass. The problem with science getting a handle on teas is there are 497 formulas...... everyone who has ever grown a plant thinks he/she has the perfect blend. the perfect time span to brew, the perfect temperature, and NOT ONE of them has any concrete proof to support their claims. Maybe a standardize formula will come from science. Some studies say it works somewhat others say not at all. And lack of a standard is the root of that. So you may think your getting great results. However, casual observation does not translate into causation, and theory is just theory until proven by scientific study.

And Jeff Lowenfels is full of shit too. I defy anyone to identify the difference between good microbes and by by casual observation through a microscope. In one slide there can be 1400 ( probably more like 14,000 ) microbe species and without extensive training your not going to identify shit.

It has been estimated that if you look at one �gram� of soil you will see the following numbers of organisms--bacteria 10 8-9 , actinomycetes 105-8 , fungi 105-6 , micro-algae 103-6 , protozoa 103-5 , nematodes 101-2 , other invertebrates 103-5 . A square meter of soil may contain 30-300 earthworms. There are more organisms in a gram of soil than there are human beings on this Earth!

References: Soil Biology Guide. Dindal (ed.) 1990 John Wiley & Sons and Soil Microbial Ecology, F. Blaine Metting Jr. (ed.) 1993

Back