Mephisto Genetics Ripleys OG, Sour Stomper, El Chemi Kiwi, and Mango Smile

This morning the ladies got another round of great white and recharge with straight tap water to tops and bottoms of the pots. I caved in after doing some research and ordered the AC infinity self watering trays. I'm hoping they can help me be even lazier with the grow but we will see how they work with the rain science bags when the plants are bit older. You wouldnt be able to tell that the Mango Smile took the longest to pop with its size. I guess they arent bad for being a little more than 2 weeks above ground? My garage gets hot af sometimes when we park cars so I'm looking forward to this midwest cool down thats about to happen. Also I noticed a few flies in the tent (normally not an issue so im not super worried) so I threw in some traps for good measure. Shouldn't be a problem.

YQo11QP.jpg
Looking good so far! You'll have to let me know how those ac infinity self watering pot stands work out for you with the RS bags. Been eyeing some myself when I try out some living soil.

This morning I gave them 1 gallon of recharge/great white and some Q to the bottoms and tops (most bottoms to try and help promote downward root growth). Soon enough I should be able to put them on the self watering trays I'm anxious but so ready for it. I moved the MS away from the fan as she is hulking out and I feel the Ripleys OG may be overwatered/stunted so putting it closer to fan might help dry it out quicker? IDK she seems the least happy so far. MS is the only one with actual branches but I think she will be a big one. ECK and SS look almost identical but really want them to start branching like the MS soon. They all seem to pretty much have white pistils at this point.

EQXWebB.jpg

ECK
8SmHQx4.jpg

MS
wNbFKwX.jpg

SS
v5Q7GaR.jpg

ROG
UNRbVIi.jpg

I get bored really easily at home so I figured since I've been bottom watering anyway why not setup the self watering pots I got? They say the plants need to be as wide as the pot before use so you know the roots are deep enough but we will see. This way if they do need watered I can at least focus on the top and hopefully this helps the roots get some air with the vents instead of sitting in the tray directly. We will see how fast (it at all) these work with the RS bags.

I can tell the RS bags are working with the new auto watering pots because the water levels have gone down and the bottom of the bag as a whole is wet to the touch. The girls were looking sad this morning still (I think they still have shallow roots) so I gave them a gallon of recharge and Q to all 4 pots tops only. I feel like Im out of practice and worried these are all stunted and wont get much bigger but there is no way they are done growing yet. In a classic stoner move I think I may have gotten the ECK and SS messed up lol. Makes sense why the top right is shorter when its ECK and not SS lol. MS and SS are by far the tallest farthest along. I like to see them at least all the MS size before I start doing any LST but I've been attempting some leaf tucking to help branching. I accidentally snapped a leaf off the SS and then I noticed one node actually topped itself so it has 2 growing on one side and 1 on the other. Kinda neat as I have had self topping plants before but not at a node. I tried for like 8 min to get a good pic on my phone and gave up. the RipOG is still small but after re-reading the strain descriptions they said the one they crossed with was small but some goodness so maybe thats the route its going. Idk as long as I get an OZ per plant I'll be happy I guess as long as they are fast. Sorry for the rambling! :smoking:

ASsC0Dr.jpg

MS
OSEzG55.jpg

RipOG
Dmo8hEr.jpg

ECK (I think?)
QvztG73.jpg

SS (maybe ECK? idk)
U5M3z2D.jpg

I can tell the RS bags are working with the new auto watering pots because the water levels have gone down and the bottom of the bag as a whole is wet to the touch. The girls were looking sad this morning still (I think they still have shallow roots) so I gave them a gallon of recharge and Q to all 4 pots tops only. I feel like Im out of practice and worried these are all stunted and wont get much bigger but there is no way they are done growing yet. In a classic stoner move I think I may have gotten the ECK and SS messed up lol. Makes sense why the top right is shorter when its ECK and not SS lol. MS and SS are by far the tallest farthest along. I like to see them at least all the MS size before I start doing any LST but I've been attempting some leaf tucking to help branching. I accidentally snapped a leaf off the SS and then I noticed one node actually topped itself so it has 2 growing on one side and 1 on the other. Kinda neat as I have had self topping plants before but not at a node. I tried for like 8 min to get a good pic on my phone and gave up. the RipOG is still small but after re-reading the strain descriptions they said the one they crossed with was small but some goodness so maybe thats the route its going. Idk as long as I get an OZ per plant I'll be happy I guess as long as they are fast. Sorry for the rambling! :smoking:

ASsC0Dr.jpg

MS
OSEzG55.jpg

RipOG
Dmo8hEr.jpg

ECK (I think?)
QvztG73.jpg

SS (maybe ECK? idk)
U5M3z2D.jpg
Hey man! That's pretty cool the auto watering stands work with the RS bags, definitely good to know. :d5:

As far as the plants go they look healthy overall but overwatered. Overwatering will cause the stunting you see like that. I still do it from time to time and accidentally overwater a plant. It sucks but it happens when you start in larger pots. I'd say back off on the watering and make sure they have lost about 50% of the water weight when you lift them. They look to have started flowering so you will probably get a little bit more growth if they stretch at all.

Also general rule of thumb on bottom style auto watering like that is wait for the roots to fill out as they just wont reach the water. Once the leaf tips reach the edge of the pot you're usually good to go. Hope that helps!

Hey man! That's pretty cool the auto watering stands work with the RS bags, definitely good to know. :d5:

As far as the plants go they look healthy overall but overwatered. Overwatering will cause the stunting you see like that. I still do it from time to time and accidentally overwater a plant. It sucks but it happens when you start in larger pots. I'd say back off on the watering and make sure they have lost about 50% of the water weight when you lift them. They look to have started flowering so you will probably get a little bit more growth if they stretch at all.

Also general rule of thumb on bottom style auto watering like that is wait for the roots to fill out as they just wont reach the water. Once the leaf tips reach the edge of the pot you're usually good to go. Hope that helps!

Thanks for the advice! When I did the finger test on the pots they were pretty dry this morning and those pics were literally just after the 1/4 gallon to each pot. I thought they looked more N tox than overwatered but I'm not a master at this by any means I'll try and stay hands off. I'm coming from a living soil setup to the grow dots so I was wanting to keep stuff moist but realize its not really the same. If I dont see any significant growth I may just cull em got plenty of meph seeds.

Back