Mephisto Genetics Ripleys OG, Sour Stomper, El Chemi Kiwi, and Mango Smile

TheFerret

Welcome to the CannaZone
Reaction score
With it nearing the end of the year its time to get the garden back in swing. I'll be growing an all Meph tent this time (might throw in an Ethos later depending on any size issues) with Ripleys OG, SS, ECK, and MS! I've only grown SS before and it was super small (great grapey smoke though) but I loved it so much. This run of SS will be my 2nd time running it and the only strain I've ever grown a 2nd time so lets see if I can improve. Heres the setup :

Spider Farmer SE 5000
AC infinity 4x4
AC infinity 6 inch fan
5 gallon rain science bags
Re-cycled buildasoil light/3.0 mix
Grow Dots
Earth Worm Castings
Great White
Recharge
Jiffy Pellets
Seedling heat mat
Seed tray from Amazon

Usually I just plant in the final 5 gal container to germ but I've had some issues with seeds not popping for whatever reason or taking a long time to sprout in the past so I wanted to try a new approach. Yesterday I put the 4 seeds in Jiffy Pellets that I got wet with warmish water that had great white and recharge. Once I saw them stop soaking up water I drained the excess and threw the seeds in the pellets, put the lid on and am just keeping them warm with the seedling mat. Less than 24 hours and no sign of life. They looked a little dry this morning so I just spritzed the outside of pellets. Once/if these pop Im gonna throw the pellets in the 5 gals and hopefully smooth sailing from t here.

Attachments

• Resized_20220903_081939.jpeg
    Resized_20220903_081939.jpeg
    1,009.2 KB · Views: 34
I have some action from the ECK and SS this morning! Nothing from the Ripleys or MS yet. This is the fastest I've ever gotten sprout results so I think this method works a bit better for me. They looked dry this morning so I spritzed again and will leave the lid on and on the heat mat until I see some actual sprouts.

Attachments

• Resized_20220904_092059.jpeg
    Resized_20220904_092059.jpeg
    871.5 KB · Views: 33
Ripleys OG is popping up this morning, nothing from the MS yet. I need to NOT be lazy today and get the pots ready to drop these pellets in and get the light on them.

All 4 plants have sprouted and are now in the tent, not much to show at this point but I'm happy I got 100% germ faster than I have before. With the jiffy pellets I used a box cutter to cut the netting to help allow the roots to escape easier, those went straight into the 5 gallon pots with great white. As I was filling the pots I took time and sprayed them to make sure they had some moisture under the surface. I'll prob wait a day or two before I water the pots again.

So yesterday the seedlings were looking a little leggy. I added some more soil for support and lowered my light and increased the power (sitting at 40% around 188w). I've been watering the top every other day ish when it looks dry. Not much to show now but I know the magic is happening underneath!

Attachments

• Resized_20220908_100607.jpeg
    Resized_20220908_100607.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 32
Cleaned some dirt out of the tent that accumulated during maintenance. Compared to some of the other grows I see these girls are growing slowly but surely. I try not to get wrapped up in comparing as each grow is different and unique. The SS (green) and MS(Yellow) are the tallest of the group. RipOG(red) and ECK(Black) are shorter but its still early. Today I added 1 gallon of tap water with recharge and great white to all 4 pots via top AND bottom feeding. I'm gonna keep my hands off them for the next few days but that will be hard because I love to tinker and hover over these things. I will have a new oscillating fan arriving tomorrow I'll be adding to the tent and using instead of the stationary one until its needed.

Attachments

• Resized_20220911_094819.jpeg
    Resized_20220911_094819.jpeg
    978.6 KB · Views: 24
  • Resized_20220911_094839.jpeg
    Resized_20220911_094839.jpeg
    236.7 KB · Views: 37
  • Resized_20220911_094844.jpeg
    Resized_20220911_094844.jpeg
    23 KB · Views: 31
Today I did another bottom and top watering with 1 gallon of regular tap water to all 4 pots as they felt dry. I'm using grow dots so I can be lazy so I'm going to be really lazy and not even ph. Last time I did a few grows ago it came out high (8ish?) but I've had success with my recycled soil before and letting the microbes do their job. Typically no alarming issues but I have crystals and PH down if I ever need it. I am awaiting my oscilatting fan still and ordered some of the Q from BaS for a wetting agent. I guess I didnt close my yucca bag all the way last time and it all looks like toffee now so its getting tossed. The sprouts are starting to grow extra leafs to give us that shape we know and love. Chugging along...

i83t9Ai.jpg

xbW6LWn.jpg

fjGtnbZ.jpg

XXN1iFt.jpg

4oEwDgm.jpg

Mango Smile (bottom right) really seems to be getting her legs under her compared to others but I know this is just a waiting game at this point. Another gallon of regular tap water to all 4 pots top and bottom. Got the new AC infinity oscillating fan going hopefully it can strengthen these girls up some stem wise.

k4CZTPJ.jpg

This morning the ladies got another round of great white and recharge with straight tap water to tops and bottoms of the pots. I caved in after doing some research and ordered the AC infinity self watering trays. I'm hoping they can help me be even lazier with the grow but we will see how they work with the rain science bags when the plants are bit older. You wouldnt be able to tell that the Mango Smile took the longest to pop with its size. I guess they arent bad for being a little more than 2 weeks above ground? My garage gets hot af sometimes when we park cars so I'm looking forward to this midwest cool down thats about to happen. Also I noticed a few flies in the tent (normally not an issue so im not super worried) so I threw in some traps for good measure. Shouldn't be a problem.

YQo11QP.jpg

Back