Indoor The 2024 Great Grape Off. Mephisto Grape Crush Vs Original Sensible Seeds Grape Soda

Nice... Jealous you have the RH to go dark that long :toke:

Can't remember what light you have... Can you start slowly ramping them up to 1000ppfd since you're at 12? :baked::growing:

799 is full tits out 100% with my Mars Hydro FC-E3000. I could drop the light a bit but I'd rather encourage them to stretch a bit, my plants always come out super squat and dense and I'm working on fixing that.

I switched to 12/12 because I have a Seedstockers Critical XXL that was an auto, but was huge and not going into flower.

I also have a Blue Gelato #41 and an OG Kush Photoperiod in my veg tent at 18/6 and those will be getting mixed in the flower tent with the autos, hence the need to stick with 12/12.

I've never grown photos before, but I'd like to give them a try and see if I notice any difference and/or like them any more or less. The idea of being able to clone is pretty cool, to be honest. But, I also like not being stuck with one strain. Although I can always do like a bonsai mother or something like that if I want. Or just grow in a 1 gallon container and every few months clip a branch, clone, and keep growing it in a small container. That is, if I like that strain and want to keep it going.

I've never grown photos before, but I'd like to give them a try and see if I notice any difference and/or like them any more or less. The idea of being able to clone is pretty cool, to be honest.
Legit :cheers:
799 is full tits out 100%
:toke: Word. ~800 PPFD @ 12/12 is ~35 DLI and plenty to grow top-shelf :hump:

Still no flowers on the Grape Crush.

1707404161865.png

The Grape Soda is starting to form some nice thick colas.

1707404187332.png

The Grape Soda terps don't smell particularly grapey, but I'm not passing judgement until its dry and cured for a month. There is definitely a fruity component to them, but it smells just like any other super fruity strain would, like someone dumped the chiquita banana lady's hat into a food processor.

Ok so we are getting to the part to where I can't really keep treating these plants exactly the same because one is in heavy flower and the other isn't, lol.

The Grape Soda got a bit of a lollipopping today. I tend to do this on larger plants with lots of flexibility in the stems, so that I can move them around and trim around them without breakage. I like to trim out any leaves with more than a 1/2" or so of a stem. It helps improve airflow through the plant and prevent rot and other issues. If a plant is particularly dense or prone to breakage, I won't trim out as much but just based on my experience allowing more light and airflow into the plant ensures a more even flower. If I don't open it up, the inside flower will be less mature and mostly just go in the trim pile to get made into cannabutter. So you might get a little less flower doing it this way, but it will all be higher quality.

Based on look and feel I'm going to say this is going to be a 4oz plant. Not great, but certainly nothing to complain about, either. 4, 4oz plants in a tent is a pound of weed every 3 months. Thats nothing to sneeze at.

The colas on the grape soda are dense, very resiny, and very fruity smelling. Right now I would say its very close to Hawaiian Punch out of a 2 liter. Its got a nice floral and fruity smell to it.

1707522668542.png

The Grape Crush is showing a few pistils, its on its way into a very slow flower. But, as we know, its going to at least double in size once its starts flowering.

1707522905013.png

I'm calling it right now, this is gonna be a 120 day plant. Nothing wrong with that. Its not showing a lot of height yet. I'm gonna say 5 oz. 5.5, maybe. I will likely not trim this guy again until it has colas thickening up and then I will trim out the fan leaves to help with airflow like I did on the other.

Grape Crush got another heavy trim today, since it had grown a lot since starting to flower. Its been 5 days since my last update, you can see quite a lot of flower now. I trimmed the fan leaves out to improve airflow and trimmed off any buds below about 1/2 the height of the plant. I left some around the edges where branches weren't that tall, but for the most part, I removed it 1/2 way up.

I have plenty of bud, I'd rather get 3 really awesome ounces than 6 so so ounces off a plant. So removing those lower bud sites so the plant can concentrate on a smaller amount of flowers to put its energy into will help with that.

1707861602497.png

The Grape Soda is in full on bloom. The buds are starting to get dense. Love giving them a little squeeze and then smelling my fingers.

1707861844412.png

Back