Root

Grandma Roody
Reaction score
Website
everessencekd.com
Currently Smoking
My Genius Pipe!
My Rosin Press​

@Eekman and I were asked to host the Manufacturing Engineer of My Rosin Press for a personal demonstration of the My Rosin Press. We were all very excited to see what he had.
We had a nice little group; @Eekman , @Son of Hobbes @Miss Widow @HawaiiGuy and me (@Root :smoking:) gathered in my kitchen for an amazing afternoon with @MyRosinPress .
His passion for the press and strive for perfection really came out in his presentation. Which lasted several hours, I don’t think anyone wanted it to end and we were getting a little baked as we sampled some of the 13 grams he pressed.

Unpacking the box.
IMG_6010.JPG

IMG_6043.JPG
IMG_6044.JPG
IMG_6045.JPG

My Rosin Press comes in a sturdy box with foam cut outs for the unit to stay secure during shipping.
The unit it self is not very heavy, has a nice handle and a cord/tool caddy in the back and even has a cut out on the base to keep you from banging your leg as you walk while carrying it. My Rosin Press will also fit in a backpack, in case you want to travel with it.
There was a lot of thought that went into making the My Press.
IMG_6021.JPG

IMG_6019.JPG

Every unit is personally calibrated before it is shipped. (@MyRosinPress showed us how to do it and it’s really easy. It requires feeling the pressure the plates.) Detailed instructions are available on their website, @MyRosinPress assured us that calling their customer support, you will speak to a real live person, who really believes in their product and will help you with any issue.

My Rosin Press is a sturdy little machine that can sit on your counter, blending in with other appliances.
IMG_6046.JPG

IMG_6050.JPG

When you plug it in, it is in a safe mode, there is no heat going to the plates. There is a welcome message and then the lit up display shows the preset temperature of 220F, the mode (off) and the current temperature of the plates.
With the 4 white buttons on the left you turn on the heat to the plates, can raise or lower temperature and change from Fahrenheit to Celsius.
The housing is made with abs plastic, keeping the unit cool and lightweight. We used the demonstration unit for several hours and it did not heat up.

When you turn on the unit, push the lever down, it takes 6 to 12 minutes to get to temperature. It is pre set to the manufacture recommendation for pressing flower.
While the unit is heating up, you weigh out a 1 gram bud to press in the pollen press. Turning just til it stops will give you a nice size puck to press.
Next, pre-make as many envelopes as you need. Just cut some parchment about five inches long, and 2 inches wide, folding it in half the long way. Fold the side edges over in a zig-zag fashion so it doesn’t leak. (Check out the Press Hack on their website) Next place the puck into an envelope, and it is ready to press.
When the plates are up to temperature, raise the handle and place the envelope on the bottom plate. Lower the top plate to rest on top of the envelope for a 10 - 15 second pre-press. Then lower the plate all the way and the timer will start. Within a few seconds we could see the resin flow out like golden lava. @Son of Hobbes phone camera got such good pictures!
IMG_6027 (2).JPG

IMG_6028.JPG

IMG_6036.JPG

Total time pressing was 115 seconds.

At the end of the pressing, place your left hand on the base to brace the unit. With your right hand, raise the lever to unlock the plates and then all the way up. The unit does not get hot where you put your hand. It was designed to use air as insulation between the pressing plates and the abs plastic.
IMG_6134.JPG

I wish there was such a thing as smell-o-vision...we pressed 13 grams during the demonstration. My kitchen smelled like a dispensary! We never did weigh the resin, we were too anxious to try it I guess.
The Genius Pipe (link to review) was first in our arsenal of smoking contraptions. The taste was so smooth…clean and very flavorful. It had no solvent taste!
IMG_6037 (2).JPG

Since @Eekman and I have only been here in Colorado for 3 months so we are a little way away from a harvest. I went to the dispensary and picked up some Sour Diesel and some Citrix….purely for this review :eyebrows:

Last edited:
The 2nd part of this review will be @Eekman and I pressing out 5grams of Sour Disel and Citrix.
Since we never weighed the rosin, I’ll make sure we weigh our return and we’ll have more pictures. @SonofHobbes has pictures to share of what was pressed so far.

There will be plenty more to add to this review. @MyRosinPress left us with a whole bunch of goodies along with the My Rosin Press;

2 – 10” My Press Dab Mats
2 - 6” My Press Dab Mats
2 – Stainless steel pollen presses
2 – bags of 25 micron screen bags (for pressing dry sift or kief)
And a whole bunch of stickers!

IMG_6051 (2).JPG
IMG_6052.JPG

:thanks:

Hey good afternoon everyone! I'm going to add to the update here since we got to be part of the squishin' party!

We brought over some buds to help with the demonstration and picked up a variety from the local dispensaries in Colorado!

This is Sweet Sweet:
20180529_120918 - Copy.jpg

20180529_120715 - Copy.jpg

20180529_120903 - Copy.jpg

Ghost Dawg:
20180529_121123 - Copy.jpg

20180529_121014 - Copy.jpg

20180529_120946 - Copy.jpg

Sour Tangie:
20180529_121333 - Copy.jpg

20180529_121302 - Copy.jpg

20180529_121202 - Copy.jpg

Gorilla Glue [HASHTAG]#4[/HASHTAG]
20180529_121608 - Copy.jpg

20180529_121445 - Copy.jpg
20180529_121422 - Copy.jpg

Buds were pucked up using a provided pollen press, typically around 1 gram samples were placed into the press (sometimes a bit less.)

20180529_132438.jpg

Dan showed us how to make an interesting little envelope pocket with the parchment paper:

20180529_132500.jpg

And insert the 1 gram bud puck... we initially started at 220 deg F for about 90 seconds:
20180529_132524.jpg

10 second pre-press (holding down but not locking the press into place,) then locked on for the duration.

Rosin began to flow in seconds:
20180529_132705.jpg

20180529_132720.jpg

20180529_132735.jpg

20180529_132740.jpg

20180529_132929.jpg

My Rosin Press​

@Eekman and I were asked to host the Manufacturing Engineer of My Rosin Press for a personal demonstration of the My Rosin Press. We were all very excited to see what he had.
We had a nice little group; @Eekman , @Son of Hobbes @Miss Widow @HawaiiGuy and me (@Root :smoking:) gathered in my kitchen for an amazing afternoon with @MyRosinPress .
His passion for the press and strive for perfection really came out in his presentation. Which lasted several hours, I don’t think anyone wanted it to end and we were getting a little baked as we sampled some of the 13 grams he pressed.

Unpacking the box.
View attachment 914670
View attachment 914671 View attachment 914672 View attachment 914673
My Rosin Press comes in a sturdy box with foam cut outs for the unit to stay secure during shipping.
The unit it self is not very heavy, has a nice handle and a cord/tool caddy in the back and even has a cut out on the base to keep you from banging your leg as you walk while carrying it. My Rosin Press will also fit in a backpack, in case you want to travel with it.
There was a lot of thought that went into making the My Press.
View attachment 914675
View attachment 914674
Every unit is personally calibrated before it is shipped. (@MyRosinPress showed us how to do it and it’s really easy. It requires feeling the pressure the plates.) Detailed instructions are available on their website, @MyRosinPress assured us that calling their customer support, you will speak to a real live person, who really believes in their product and will help you with any issue.

My Rosin Press is a sturdy little machine that can sit on your counter, blending in with other appliances.
View attachment 914676
View attachment 914677

When you plug it in, it is in a safe mode, there is no heat going to the plates. There is a welcome message and then the lit up display shows the preset temperature of 220F, the mode (off) and the current temperature of the plates.
With the 4 white buttons on the left you turn on the heat to the plates, can raise or lower temperature and change from Fahrenheit to Celsius.
The housing is made with abs plastic, keeping the unit cool and lightweight. We used the demonstration unit for several hours and it did not heat up.

When you turn on the unit, push the lever down, it takes 6 to 12 minutes to get to temperature. It is pre set to the manufacture recommendation for pressing flower.
While the unit is heating up, you weigh out a 1 gram bud to press in the pollen press. Turning just til it stops will give you a nice size puck to press.
Next, pre-make as many envelopes as you need. Just cut some parchment about five inches long, and 2 inches wide, folding it in half the long way. Fold the side edges over in a zig-zag fashion so it doesn’t leak. (Check out the Press Hack on their website) Next place the puck into an envelope, and it is ready to press.
When the plates are up to temperature, raise the handle and place the envelope on the bottom plate. Lower the top plate to rest on top of the envelope for a 10 - 15 second pre-press. Then lower the plate all the way and the timer will start. Within a few seconds we could see the resin flow out like golden lava. @Son of Hobbes phone camera got such good pictures!
View attachment 914680
View attachment 914681
View attachment 914682
Total time pressing was 115 seconds.

At the end of the pressing, place your left hand on the base to brace the unit. With your right hand, raise the lever to unlock the plates and then all the way up. The unit does not get hot where you put your hand. It was designed to use air as insulation between the pressing plates and the abs plastic.
View attachment 914683
I wish there was such a thing as smell-o-vision...we pressed 13 grams during the demonstration. My kitchen smelled like a dispensary! We never did weigh the resin, we were too anxious to try it I guess.
The Genius Pipe (link to review) was first in our arsenal of smoking contraptions. The taste was so smooth…clean and very flavorful. It had no solvent taste!
View attachment 914690

Since @Eekman and I have only been here in Colorado for 3 months so we are a little way away from a harvest. I went to the dispensary and picked up some Sour Diesel and some Citrix….purely for this review :eyebrows:
Fantastic write up. You're so detailed and thorough!

Back