Extraction Rosin Press (Flower) listed on Amazon (cheaper on ebay) Thoughts?

Columbo

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Zkittlez, Phantom OG
I am looking at a Rosin Press on Amazon and what appears to be the "same" design/model as well on ebay, but cheaper. I include a link to the one on Amazon. Nice thing about Amazon, even though it costs a bit more, I can specify that they donate to NORML if I use the link.

What are your thoughts? I don't need or want to press a lot of rosin, as 2" x 3" obviously will be limited to small amounts. It is heated top and bottom and can adjust the pressure to about 1000 pounds. Lot more pressure than I can do using just a 2" flat iron hair straighner, but a lot more pricey.

How much rosin can you get form most buds? More specifiallyl, how much rosin would one get from each gram oof flower?

My PAX 3 has a special oven attachment for concentrate. Use high heat and a piece about the size of a grain of rice. Would like to try this sometime.

Has anyone here used this one, or know someone who has? What kind of feedback is ther for this rosin press?
LINK: https://tinyurl.com/wq46mq2

Looks like a nice little unit. Around $141 on ebay.

At 20% it takes 5g to get back 1g of rosin.

How do you figure the math in that? If you are figuring % and at 20% THC then you would be 200 mg/ gram of flower. But I don't think that counts quite right. Rosin is rosin, regrdless of the potency. Doesn't there have to be some other factors in this?

Bottom line, has anyone had first hand knowledge and use of this press I am looking at? It appears to be small 2-3 inch. with decent heat on both plates, but sometimes the proof of the pudding is in the eating. I'd like to hear opinions about this little 10 lb press.

How do you figure the math in that? If you are figuring % and at 20% THC then you would be 200 mg/ gram of flower. But I don't think that counts quite right. Rosin is rosin, regrdless of the potency. Doesn't there have to be some other factors in this?
No, I believe @HashMaster his referring to % returned. If you get 20% yield from flower that's good, I go with anything over 10% return ok. If I get 20%+ that's great imo, but pressing hash will yield higher with better rosin. You take how make grams of bud used ÷ by rosin collected and that is the return/yield %. This has nothing to do with potency. Every strain is different not all strains press well. Trial and error bud, but I can tell you the frostier and sticky she is the better she will do in most cases. If you you want better quality rosin go at like 180°-190° but will hurt your return. If you want more press at 220°-230° but again will be runnier may be harsher less flavor. Gotta find the happy medium I go low normally unless for edibles. Good luck have more questions just ask. Stay lifted.

No, I believe @HashMaster his referring to % returned. If you get 20% yield from flower that's good, I go with anything over 10% return ok. If I get 20%+ that's great imo, but pressing hash will yield higher with better rosin. You take how make grams of bud used ÷ by rosin collected and that is the return/yield %. This has nothing to do with potency. Every strain is different not all strains press well. Trial and error bud, but I can tell you the frostier and sticky she is the better she will do in most cases. If you you want better quality rosin go at like 180°-190° but will hurt your return. If you want more press at 220°-230° but again will be runnier may be harsher less flavor. Gotta find the happy medium I go low normally unless for edibles. Good luck have more questions just ask. Stay lifted.

Yup, I was... but my stoned fingers didn't type it...

:cheers:

On mine I get the best return % around the 209 - 213 range but it's a tad harsh for oil pipes.

Slow and low produces best quality

Yup, I was... but my stoned fingers didn't type it...

:cheers:

On mine I get the best return % around the 209 - 213 range but it's a tad harsh for oil pipes.

Slow and low produces best quality
I like 190-200 for thick paste lol. Super terpy when you go slow and low. I got some Forgotten cookies that's makes nice rosin, I'm chopping her on Monday. Did a sample good one for rosin for sure.

Also read that PROPER RH (relative humidity) or moisture content is very critical in getting a good return on pressing Rosin. I ordered some 62% humidity packs from Amazon and put them in my containers. Will hold it at 62% if low will add... if high will subtract.
I also bought a device (SS tube and plunger) to make pucks about 30mm across. I figures to make about 5 grams of flower into puck and press that. Then I know that I have 5000 mg and will see what the weight of the rosin is for %.
THANKS!!!
Old man that just began the cannabis adventure in Jan 2019.

Also read that PROPER RH (relative humidity) or moisture content is very critical in getting a good return on pressing Rosin. I ordered some 62% humidity packs from Amazon and put them in my containers. Will hold it at 62% if low will add... if high will subtract.
I also bought a device (SS tube and plunger) to make pucks about 30mm across. I figures to make about 5 grams of flower into puck and press that. Then I know that I have 5000 mg and will see what the weight of the rosin is for %.
THANKS!!!
Old man that just began the cannabis adventure in Jan 2019.
Why would you want to press buds at 62% relative humidity vs no water content at all (fully dried). Isn't water a contaminant/unwanted in resins? Whether resin will be smoked or vaped, why have any water content?

Back