In other words follow the damn rules! I mean honestly they changed so much in the last 2 years you people don't even know what the f*** they are.

You need to pump your brakes son. Grow battles have always been for 3 months.. we even gave extra germ time.. I would say sorry but I am not. You should be though

Gosh @jingo. The announcement of an April 24 closing date for this, and most if not all 1st Leg Grow Battles, was first made back on March 31st. That's more than 3 weeks advance notice. Check the "Threadmarks" in these various threads. Subsequent announcements were made during the 10 days or so leading up to the 24th. Just saying. Also saying folks like me love all the great help, advice & encouragement that you've given in the past. Just sorry that you got surprised and miffed by the evolving Contest procedures.
:pighug:

Gosh @jingo. The announcement of an April 24 closing date for this, and most if not all 1st Leg Grow Battles, was first made back on March 31st. That's more than 3 weeks advance notice. Check the "Threadmarks" in these various threads. Subsequent announcements were made during the 10 days or so leading up to the 24th. Just saying. Also saying folks like me love all the great help, advice & encouragement that you've given in the past. Just sorry that you got surprised and miffed by the evolving Contest procedures.
Thanks brother, I never saw anything at all. But tell me, what is the purpose of a master rules list? I'll go back and I'll search the heavyweight seeds contest for anything that said we were going to close on the 24th. As far as I know we got a few hours notice and some great plants got left out.

For the record, I'm not complaining for myself. Except that I'm unhappy that I had so few plants to vote for when the voting opened and then later that day more plants came in that aren't getting any votes at all.

At the end of the day if the way you guys deliver information misses a bunch of people then it's wrong. And honestly, I think some of the older Growers that really take these competitions seriously, are going to be upset with the ending of these two comps.

Maybe that's why you can't get enough people to enter them in the first place?

So I went back to March 29th in the heavyweight competition thread and I came forward and there was absolutely nothing about the closing date until Mossy came on and announced closing that day and within a few hours it was over leaving out a couple plants that are up there now and have 0 votes. Honestly if all those plans would have been up I would have voted different.

As far as I'm concerned there's only two places to announce a closing date, in the competition thread and in the official rules. Neither of those two things happen this grow.

Now I understand dude! Threadmarks don't show up on Tapatalk, so all of us Tapatalk users were just left out in the dark. That's why having these things in the official rules would be nice.

Now I understand dude! Threadmarks don't show up on Tapatalk, so all of us Tapatalk users were just left out in the dark. That's why having these things in the official rules would be nice.

I ran this thread from the beginning and posted near the end of the finish date. Unique has one of the best plants growing on the entire site that isnt ready but still posted. We have to have hard start and stop dates to get these done.

Congratulations @Only1Sky ! Great job, now it's on to the next battle. But we have to see how unique finishes his big girl.

Thank you to everyone who participated!

All of these were beautiful plants. Just wish we'd had more participants and more voters. Happy to have played along -- this was my first RQS grow. Now I got to go round-up some RQS seeds for the September finals. Thanks to @Unique for his personal assistance, and thanks to @Dudeski for being the Wagon Train Master.
:cheersmate:

All of these were beautiful plants. Just wish we'd had more participants and more voters. Happy to have played along -- this was my first RQS grow. Now I got to go round-up some RQS seeds for the September finals. Thanks to @Unique for his personal assistance, and thanks to @Dudeski for being the Wagon Train Master.
:cheersmate:
It has been a pleasure! Everyone had a good time and we are all rewarded with smoke for the effort. Same here, what to get for the finals. :paleo:

Back