Autoflower Royal Queen Seeds - Purple Punch

American Hillbilly

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
This is my experience with Royal Queen Seeds Purple Punch Autofem. As a preface, I am an amateur grower, and I make mistakes. Issues throughout my grows, even ones I personally identify as issues with genetics or seed/consumable quality could easily be human error on my part. I also cannot provide pictures at this time. With that said, lets begin.

Out of 5 seeds, all 5 germinated. I chose the best 4 after day 14 for this grow. The plants responded very well to transplant, SCROG, defoliation, and lollipopping. All 4 plants experienced the exact same conditions and feed/light schedule. The plants were harvested at 73 days, after a 7 day R/O water flush. More in the breakdown below.

Plant 1
This plant was physically the largest, exhibiting what I would say was Sativa traits, which seems to be an outlier. It had long internodal spacing, and the flowers were more like evenly spaced large golf balls. This plant lagged the others in finish time. Flowers exhibited very little to no purple coloration, but all the same were very beautiful. This plant yielded 166 grams trimmed.

Plant 2
This plant was the second largest but exhibited what I would call more Indica dominate traits, which is what seems to be typical. It showed some slight purple hues in the flowers which were mostly green. This plant yielded 170 grams trimmed.

Plant 3
This plant was similar in size to plant 2. In fact, they were almost identical, but this plant finished growing before the rest. It was the largest plant at the start and grew the fastest. It got to an average size, settled in, and finished very quickly. Looking at these flowers they are almost identical to plant 2 but had significantly more trichome development. The flowers looked dusted with glitter. This plant yielded 247 grams trimmed.

Plant 4
This was the smallest by far. This plant would have been better served by a lower SCROG net, but that’s not in the cards for me. The plant finished around the same time as plant 3. This plant had notably darker leaves, and the undersides of the sugar leaves had typical deep purple coloration you see from purple strains. It produced very dense flowers with tight inter nodal spacing. This plant yielded 193 grams trimmed.

Total yield for all 4 plants was 775 grams, or 334 g/m2. I’d call this a medium size strain with average yields for its size. The 4 of them filled my 5’x5’ space just shy of full. They all exhibited a pleasant scent of that was sweet and fuel like, easily controlled by a carbon filter. This would be a good strain if smell would be an issue. The strain was a pleasure to grow. None of the plants exhibited much, if any, purple coloration. If you are seeking purple plants, I would suggest skipping this cultivar, but that would be the only reason. The plants are currently curing, so I am hesitant to speak too much on the taste other than it is similar to the name. A sweet cannabis punch.

Back