2 1/2 x 5‘ x 6‘ lighthouse 2.0 Grow ent
Bottom 2 gallons of soil Foxfarm ocean forest 30% aerated with perlite
Top down in the soil mother earth terra craft 30% aerated with perlite

Attachments

• C62A36A7-572E-4AAA-870C-B2D18B8DF3CE.jpeg
    C62A36A7-572E-4AAA-870C-B2D18B8DF3CE.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 103
Good luck, keep us updated!

Do you have a reliable ph and ppm/ec meter?

I layered different types of soil my first few runs, but I no longer do that. Especially Ocean Forest being at the bottom.
What it did was shock my plants some, once the roots hit the bottom part of my fabric pots. Ugly brown yellow spotting on my leaves was the result. It wasn't NUTE burn as I had not added any amendments yet.

I just use a neutral potting soil now, FF Happy Frog. Because I DO use plenty of nutes once my plant starts to flower. Way less brown yellow spotting now.

You will find things out on your own though, adapt and carry on. I PH water with test strips and adjust my tap water with citric acid. 1/8th teaspoon per GALLON of water. My tap water is 7.3 to 7.7.......that 1/8th tsp of citric acid powder added to a gallon reduces it to 6.3 to 6.6

Once your water is within range the SOIL has enough buffering components in it to maintain a proper PH.

Pic of my first run......Feminized seeds, 27 days from germination. 3 were indica doms, one a 50/50 hybrid

Those lights only pull 284 watts. I would crank both from the start at 22-24 inches above the top of the plant. Have fans blowing underneath the lights.

Those puple/blurple lights can grow bud. Just not very good bud.

The light spectrum is not correct. White lighting is what is best. Not only can u actually see plants, leaves, buds and problems but the plants grow faster and denser.

Amazon sells a ton of shitty lights.

I read message boards and did lots of research before making a purchase. My first light was a 315 watt CMH, with two Phillips bulbs. 4200 K for veg and a 3100k for flowering. Roll It Up, AFN and Grass City.......420 Magazine too. Lots of info. Then countless reviews.

I hope your first crop is better then the local street weed in your area. It might end up being better. At any rate best of luck.

I got good weed the first grow, just not as much as I should have. Think I got 7 dry ounces from 3 photo plants, had I been smarter back then I could have gotten 11 oz or so.

Back