Smokin' Screws Smokin' Screws - AFN Communal Summer 2018 Test Thread

Lol, haven't tried that but I do like to flick the ashes with it:smoking:
I might have to wait til I get more of them before I use them in competition:rofl:

Love it, need to get some more, I loose em.

I still laugh at whoever it was that sent me a private message about shooting BB's and peas with them hahaha! Maybe we need an AFN Smokin' Screws BB Shot contest. Setup a shot glass and live video the launching of BB's 5, 10, and 20 paces (I heard they zing!)

Living room golf. The first Annual AFN Cabin Fever Open.

Really don't see how I did without the 'screw all those years:smoking: first one still going strong even with abuse. :thumbsup:

It's the nature of steel to soften when exposed to lower heat and slow cooled. We do that ,hopefully, several times a day.They call it annealing and done purposely by them that work it so they can grind and sand. If it starts to sag a bit, try getting it red hot and shove it in water to re-temper it. I know it's not a situation in most pipes where it bottoms out and comes out easily but I have mine suspended in the bowl plus build up on the wall makes a little tug necessary and it has come out stretched a bit a few times. I've just bent it back, re-tempered and it's fine til next time,and next time and next time, and next time.

Using it in my bong, I need to keep the skinny end clean because it's a fit to the bowl. I heat it up and hit it with a little brass-wire brush and it's clean pretty quick:thumbsup:

Hey guys, it sounds like some of our testers have started receiving their test samples already, so we'll create a communal thread for everyone to share in their experiences with it!

@Smokin Screws
Jordan,

Give me a shout. *(security edit)*.... Looking for a shoutout about my patent issuing on Tuesday!!! ACE.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have tried altering one of my smoking screws a few ways to fit this piece with no success. Have a few of this shape stops half way down or pushes up even after slightly changing profileView attachment 960178
Try Stretching the spring. Hold the bottom third with your thumbnail and pull on the handle. Softly.... You will find the screw stretches out and fits the bowl a lot better. Feed back from some users.
Ace

@Smokin Screws :woohoo1: :d5: - nice on the patent issuing! ...did you reach Hobbes by PM yet? I know, it's been a month,... Ace, if you tag somebody by using the "@"followed by their name like I did with yours, they will get a notification sent to them,... leave at least 1 space between the next character,...
Also great to hear sales are going so well! :headbang: ...this is a fine product, in fact I need to pick more up for me and sharing with a few peep's :biggrin:

Back