Soil ph tester

A

Auto-snooch

Just got a bag of biobizz light mix (6.1 ph on the bag i think, it's away from my house at the moment) and tested with this soil ph probe... It's reading about 7.2! Are these things a bit rubbish? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1312404694.800735.jpg

What is the best way to ph test soil accurately? I have seen auto calibrating digital meters but I just don't have another 80 notes for a couple of weeks yet. Sorry to be finicky but I'm trying to spend extra time on preparation and I want everything to be as good as it can be before I sow the seeds

Hey man,I'm also using biobizz products,iv got there all mix and iv found it ok..I'm new to growing and when I started I was using water that I'd not ph'd,I bought one of those testers the same as yrs and it gave a different reading everytime..so I bought a digital one,it only reads in 0.5 accuracy but my soil always flashes between 6.5 & 7.0 so it's some were between that at about 6.7 ish..:toke: also iv found leaving it in the soil for a little while to get a better reading..hope this helps mate,heres the one I use http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=330581075817&index=5&nav=SEARCH&nid=95408022020 i got it cheaper 2nd hand tho,it tests ph,moisture,light and temp

Last edited:
Last edited:
Lol so I'm just gonna have to bite the bullet and get the tester then. I have ordered an led ph wand to sort my water out so hopefully I should be okay for a couple of weeks.

The battery-less meters are good for telling you whether you are at an extremely alkaline or acidic soil/water level but will not give an reading that could tell you what exactly to add as PH up or down. I have a hydro farm probe much like the dual probe type measures light, PH,and moisture... It was free but the issues of the workings of it cost me more in high blood pressure frustration so that I would have rather paid for it and thrown it out! It is usually used as a paper weight but is good if you are wondering if you're in a PH nute lockout.... The PH meter I use is by Eutech instruments called the PH 2 cost around 75 bucks and works great as long as it's calibrated with 7.0 solution with accuracy to plus or minus 0.1 on the PH scale.

DSCN1208.jpg

Hey all, my led ph meter and ec meter have arrived! My mate is kindly donating a soil ph probe to me, he says it's nothing fancy but it will do me for now. Just waiting for a few more bits and pieces to arrive and I'll make a start

Here are the meters that arrived today if anybody is interested

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1312481818.768003.jpg

Got the soil tester today! It works well. I've just gave my pots a misting to compact the soil. Once they dry out a bit I'll add a bit more soil and plant my seeds

I am looking for good results this time. Fingers crossed!

I might make a grow diary if they start off looking good

Back