Mephisto Genetics Sour Crack (Fave Pheno)

Sloth

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
IMG_2844.JPG

This review is based on a rather 'exotic' pheno of Sour Crack that was cured for 3 months - I grew several Sour Crack plants and this was my fave.
The plant wasn’t grown to its full potential so please bare that in mind with the ratings.

SeedBank :

Mephisto Genetics

Strain:

Sour Crack

Did it autoflower?:

Yup!

Soil/hydro:

11 litre smart pot - Bottom half Biobizz Allmix (big mistake!), top half Biobizz lightmix

Nutes:

Plant Magic Oldtimer bloom / mag /pk, biosilicon

Light (kind and schedule):

HLG QB260 on 24/0 schedule

From seed to harvest date:

86 days

Dry Yield:

22.5g

High/Effect Duration:

3 hours
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

BAG APPEAL (****)

Extremly frosty with the cure bringing out a beautiful golden hue. Rated 4 stars as buds on this pheno were nowhere near as dense as the others. Not 'fluffy' but light and spongey.

THE GROWTH(****):

In short, all the Sour Crack plants hated having allmix in the bottom of the pot. They all hermied to some extent and the ones that finished, finished slowly. I am impressed that they soldiered through though and would like to try them again in a more suitable medium.

THE SMELL(*****):

This is where this pheno really shone for me. It’s a little tough to describe but I would have thought it was a sativa based on the smell. Has a fruity/ hazey kind of smell, somewhere between stale piss and sherbet dib dabs with hints of berry.

THE SMOKE(****):

When toked, the sharp sherbet smell becomes spicy. There's a woody body to it with hints of incense and berry. It's a smooth smoke but the spiciness is literally spicy on the throat/nostrils, not harsh, spicy…. If that makes any sense? Gets in your nose makes you sneeze kinda thing - maybe it's just me… moving on...

THE HIGH(****):

Super strong. Definitely an indica dominant strain overall but this pheno had more sativa pep than the others. Felt a gentle buzz alongside the usual effects as opposed to pure stoned.

The effects start with forgetfulness, a gentle pressure in the head and heavy eyelids. Around the 10 minute mark there’s a gentle sativa uplift and then, as if someone just whacked you around the head - a strong but not unpleasant cerebral pressure occurs along with heavy eyelids. A good hit of this will have you stumbling about so definitely one to sit/lie down with unless you enjoy walking into things. Sometimes (dose dependent?), after 30 minutes or so a shift seems to happen where your mind can go blank briefly. This can cause laughter and blissfulness.

Generally a dopey and forgetful stone to enjoy relaxed activities with. It’s one of those escapist stones that kind of removes ‘you’ from your experience, which can also be good for introspection.

My summary of the Sour Crack high is “Concussed but not fussed”

Uses

Personally, I avoid this until the evening as it’s just not functional. At the same time, it’s not a “lights-out” smoke either as it can be a bit too stimulating to fall asleep with. It’s good for relaxation and I think it could be good for physical pain relief all over the body.

Long-term

I would not recommend this is as a daily smoke because once you have a bit of a tolerance you can smoke more and more with really not much effect other than being stupid and sedated. After a few days off from it though, you will remember how f*ing strong it is!

Bottom line

Overall, I am pleased with the strain - its a strong evening smoke, which by most other accounts completes it's full cycle in just a couple of months. So if you want a quick, strong as fook indica - look no further! All the other phenos had super dense flowers too, which is a bonus.

Thanks for reading.

Sloth

DPP_00011.JPG
DPP_00021.JPG

Thanks man.... I have some Sour Crack going right now and she has lots of buds sites!

Glad to hear it man - she'll be finished in a flash! Great job on your Northern lights btw :cheers:

Thanks on the NL, it's some good smoke!

Back