• 4/20 deals rollin' in! Come bargain shop at the Autoflower Announcements & News section We're looking up the hook-up's for you peeps...holler if you find others please, win-win for all!

Mephisto Genetics Sour Stomper LST help

Hey, thanks for asking! I was just having a question of my own this morning.:pass:

Here they are now:
28-3.jpg

On the left: Roxxy, a week older, lolipopped less.
On the right: Sonya, younger but catching up and already looking a bit taller than Roxxy.

Sonya, day 34
28-6.jpg

Roxxy, day 41:
28-7.jpg

The question is about water. I'm currently giving them 2L each, every 2 days.
After two days the ground is dry and they look like they could drink a bit more. This morning I upped it to 2.25, see what happens.
Should I feel free to give them some more water, or does the current dosage look about ok for their size? (afraid of overwatering)

Between the two of them, they're filling up the 2x2 tent and look like they'd enjoy even a bit more space.
I'm quite excited about both!
:pass:

Hey, thanks for asking! I was just having a question of my own this morning.:pass:

Here they are now:
View attachment 1597901
On the left: Roxxy, a week older, lolipopped less.
On the right: Sonya, younger but catching up and already looking a bit taller than Roxxy.

Sonya, day 34
View attachment 1597902

Roxxy, day 41:
View attachment 1597903

The question is about water. I'm currently giving them 2L each, every 2 days.
After two days the ground is dry and they look like they could drink a bit more. This morning I upped it to 2.25, see what happens.
Should I feel free to give them some more water, or does the current dosage look about ok for their size? (afraid of overwatering)

Between the two of them, they're filling up the 2x2 tent and look like they'd enjoy even a bit more space.
I'm quite excited about both!
:pass:
Looks like you are on track with what my sour stomper was at the same weeks! :d5:

So for your water question are you in 12L pots?
My TDV right now is drinking 4L every other day. Sometimes 3L in 1 watering and I dont really get much run off.
Try doing 2L every 24 hours and see how that works for you. I promise you won't over water if you're in an 12L pot at the least.
But 2L every 2 days is way too little water for a plant at this stage in that size pot. They can take 2L sometimes twice a day so be ready. One day feed one day water is what I'm doing right now. Hope this helps if you need anything else just let me know.

Last edited:
Thanks mate! Glad to know they can drink more.
And yes, they're in 12L pots.
I gave them 1L today. I'll start out like this, 2L day 1, 1L day 2, 2L day 3, etc... and adjust based on how they respond.

Thanks mate! Glad to know they can drink more.
And yes, they're in 12L pots.
I gave them 1L today. I'll start out like this, 2L day 1, 1L day 2, 2L day 3, etc... and adjust based on how they respond.
that works too! but your plants can bounce back from a little overwatering now that they are matured its harder to bounce back dry soil though. put 2L in and pick up your pot to see how heavy it is. dont wait for your pot to be bone dry to water again. it should be a consistant routine as much as possible. move your way up to 2L every 24 hours trust me your plant will thank you. thats what all mine drink at this stage. Any less than that and i start to get droopy leaves due to underwatering. post more pics again soon hope you have a good day! :d5: :pass:

The plants are looking great as is your training! Training has become my favorite part of growing, next to smoking it of course, because I love shaping the plants a little differently every grow. Puts my own thumbprint on every plant so to speak. When tent space allows, the longer you keep the main branches flat as possible the more light and air the lower growth will receive. I personally keep the ties on for the whole grow to keep the tops from caving toward the center and hogging all the light. I encourage you to pay attention to every branch and stem as you’re training because it will give you ideas what to try on the next grow. I’ve never tied my stalk down to train so this will be fun to watch because I prefer topping. Good luck growmie, I’m excited to see the progress!

Thanks both!
Yeah, next to smoking, training quickly became my favourite part as well.

I like symmetry, so next grows will be focused on that. Thinking of Mango Smile and Strawberry Nuggets as the candidates for the next batch.

I'll slowly get Roxxy and Sonya used to drinking more water and come back with more pics soon. :pass:

Hola amigos!

Just a quick upate to confirm they're drinking 2L every day now and they're doing well.
I was giving them 2L every 2 days, now it's daily. There was some runoff at first (1-2 cups) but they adapted quickly and now there's barely any runoff. Great advice @Hotfire , cheers for that!

Roxxy, day 54:
Roxxy 01.jpeg

Roxxy 02.jpeg

Slowly turning orange:
buds 01.jpeg

buds 03.jpeg

A few things I've learned with this grow:
  • topping them at the right time does pay off
  • lolipopping does help, the one that's been lolipopped more grew taller
  • they tell you how much water is too much but generally speaking they can drink more that I thought and they adapt fast 😊

And one problem I have that I didn't think I'd run into: they overgrew their tent and barely fit in anymore.
Lovely girls these Sour Stompers!

Have a great weekend all! :pass:

Alright friends, quick question: does this look ripe to you?

Roxxy, day 64
Roxxy 01.jpg
Roxxy 03.jpg

Looks like she may need a few more days, potentially until the weekend?

In other news, Autum hit the grow tent and I'm loving the yellow!
Both 02.jpg
Both 03.jpg

Alright friends, quick question: does this look ripe to you?

Roxxy, day 64
View attachment 1605918View attachment 1605919
Looks like she may need a few more days, potentially until the weekend?

In other news, Autum hit the grow tent and I'm loving the yellow!
View attachment 1605920View attachment 1605921
Like I've heard many times here from all the pros, if you think she's ready give her another week or 2. I still see some white hairs, but most importantly what do the trichs say? I'd ask @Mañ'O'Green if you're really unsure, he will guide you in the right direction more than I can for sure.

Back