SSSC st tom presents auto bruce lemon diesel and elephant in sohums live soil

Well, I just pulled about >1 liter of leaves off my girl. She looks a lot more open now. :biggrin: Given that it is about -14C outside now, keeping the RH down to low 40% will not be a problem either, so I have done what I can, short of having gone with Rotblock earlier.

So far, I do not think that my autovalves have kept my soil too moist, I have no sign of it anyway. If you have an air valve leak in your setup, the valves will refill early every time, and I expect that that could cause overwatering for sure. Did you confirm that the air valve was working properly in your too wet pot(s)?

Oh, and I should mention that not even hand cleaner could remove the fabulous aroma from my left hand. Hard to describe (as usual for me), but I love it. Absolutely salivating. Likely a bit of conifer in there, not a lot of skunk to my nose. Did I mention that it smells really, really nice? :biggrin::pighug:

Thanks again for the update on mould, you may have saved me some disappointment. :thanks::pighug:
I think the valves were working as they should but I never have this issue ever with coco but I'm pretty sure if I used the cannazym occasionally I wouldn't have got any root problems with the sohums live soil and if I ever use it again that would be my route to go also shes a very smelly strain but I'm terrible at explaining smells etc as were people say I get a hint of this or that I think maybe smoking for 35 years plus may have fucked my senses up

I was pretty ready to use this soil in autopots, now I'm not so sure. Thanks for showing the full grow and the issue you had. Do you think a layer of pearlite or balls at the bottom would help?
If it's a fabric or simular type pot, I put a layer of pumice in the tray, not the pot, and sat the RainScience bags on top of that as a test. It did seem to help with a wet bottom. It was what I had handy. The pumice won't stay, too expensive for that, but I'll substitute something else later.

I started using canna cannazyn towards the end and that helped a great deal so I recon maybe if you run that alongside in your water occasionally as I'm used to using coco and clay pebbles so I have never had issues before but Im unsure what would be your best additive for drainage with the sohums soil as it was new to me but @pop22 ould surely have some input
What's that? Some sort of enzyme to eat up the dead/dying roots?

What's that? Some sort of enzyme to eat up the dead/dying roots?
its gets rid of root rot without killing any of the good stuff in your soil or coco as I bought a product called silver bullet roots and that is meant to do as much damage as good for your plants so that's why I went with this as I only used the silver bullet once the canna ones cheaper anyway
cannazym.PNG

Thanks buddy! Went online to search and I found Plagron Pure-Zym. Same enzymes, but only needs 1ml/L ánd locally easier available :thumbsup:
Nice. I wonder if it's the same as Pond-zyme or the multiple aquarium enzyme product out there. Pondzyme is cheap.
I use the Sensizyme (AN) in my DWC system, fwiw. Not really attached to it - it was a convenient purchase. I dose it during stretch and about halfway through flower.

its gets rid of root rot without killing any of the good stuff in your soil or coco as I bought a product called silver bullet roots and that is meant to do as much damage as good for your plants so that's why I went with this as I only used the silver bullet once the canna ones cheaper anyway View attachment 1397593
Prolly would have done my cold wetfoot midgets good early on

Back