SSSC st tom presents auto bruce lemon diesel and elephant in sohums live soil

bummer hon! Did the rest come out ok?
xoxo
yes thanks but its a strain that I've had issues with before so I half expected it late in flower but I reckon I still will have a great haul off her :pass: :d5:

Just binged the thread. Awesome grow and great looking bud. You've also introduced me to Elephant. Is mould common for this strain? It may be a bit too large of a plant for me to grow given the size.

Overall what do you reckon of the sohum soil? Why do you think you had issues with it?

I know but least I only lost a very small bit so I'm grateful for that and thanks bro
Thanks for the head's up. I will be getting out the clippers once again on my Ellephant girl. More air apparently being a good thing with this strain. I now wish I had installed the rot block. but more air and lower RH will have to do. :biggrin:

Just binged the thread. Awesome grow and great looking bud. You've also introduced me to Elephant. Is mould common for this strain? It may be a bit too large of a plant for me to grow given the size.

Overall what do you reckon of the sohum soil? Why do you think you had issues with it?
my only problem I had with it was letting the soil get too wet constantly as in my autopots I had root problems as it was keeping the media too wet but when I top fed the sohums at the end it was great
Thanks for the head's up. I will be getting out the clippers once again on my Ellephant girl. More air apparently being a good thing with this strain. I now wish I had installed the rot block. but more air and lower RH will have to do. :biggrin:
yes its deffo a strain to watch for mould for sure and shes only one of a very few plants that have caught me out but I still got a mammoth harvest of her well about 4 oz

my only problem I had with it was letting the soil get too wet constantly as in my autopots I had root problems as it was keeping the media too wet but when I top fed the sohums at the end it was great

yes its deffo a strain to watch for mould for sure and shes only one of a very few plants that have caught me out but I still got a mammoth harvest of her well about 4 oz

I was pretty ready to use this soil in autopots, now I'm not so sure. Thanks for showing the full grow and the issue you had. Do you think a layer of pearlite or balls at the bottom would help?

I was pretty ready to use this soil in autopots, now I'm not so sure. Thanks for showing the full grow and the issue you had. Do you think a layer of pearlite or balls at the bottom would help?
I started using canna cannazyn towards the end and that helped a great deal so I recon maybe if you run that alongside in your water occasionally as I'm used to using coco and clay pebbles so I have never had issues before but Im unsure what would be your best additive for drainage with the sohums soil as it was new to me but @pop22 ould surely have some input

Well, I just pulled about >1 liter of leaves off my girl. She looks a lot more open now. :biggrin: Given that it is about -14C outside now, keeping the RH down to low 40% will not be a problem either, so I have done what I can, short of having gone with Rotblock earlier.

So far, I do not think that my autovalves have kept my soil too moist, I have no sign of it anyway. If you have an air valve leak in your setup, the valves will refill early every time, and I expect that that could cause overwatering for sure. Did you confirm that the air valve was working properly in your too wet pot(s)?

Oh, and I should mention that not even hand cleaner could remove the fabulous aroma from my left hand. Hard to describe (as usual for me), but I love it. Absolutely salivating. Likely a bit of conifer in there, not a lot of skunk to my nose. Did I mention that it smells really, really nice? :biggrin::pighug:

Thanks again for the update on mould, you may have saved me some disappointment. :thanks::pighug:

Back