strains for anxiety

Lemon skunk an kush ,the blackberry should be nice as well ,the genetics seem a lil different on the blackberry but I have seen these genetics listed for blackberry but the blackberry my dad grew for years an years a long time ago was bubba kush an afghani although no one really knows the genetics my experiences with both strains led me to believe my family had been growing for years a bubba cross before the pre 98 label,bubba shows in its crosses every time,no experience with the sour hound but the genetics on that are definitely mind relievers ,mephisto has great gear ,blue strains are great along with hazes as well,great stuff should find lots of relief there .

Lemon skunk an kush ,the blackberry should be nice as well ,the genetics seem a lil different on the blackberry but I have seen these genetics listed for blackberry but the blackberry my dad grew for years an years a long time ago was bubba kush an afghani although no one really knows the genetics my experiences with both strains led me to believe my family had been growing for years a bubba cross before the pre 98 label,bubba shows in its crosses every time,no experience with the sour hound but the genetics on that are definitely mind relievers ,mephisto has great gear ,blue strains are great along with hazes as well,great stuff should find lots of relief there .

Thanks for taking the time I know where to start looking now

Last edited:
Hi Mate welcome to AFN, you've found the best place to get all the info you need to start growing some rocking autos.

I also myself have been suffering with anxiety over the past few years, and although i have not got a big library of strains i have grown out i have come across a couple that have really helped taking the edge off of things and help me try keep my anxiety on track. From Mephisto both Sour Crack, Deep Blue C have had positive calming effects and have worked well for me, and also Fastbuds Northern Express is a nice calming smoke but will leave you a bit nonfunctional and sleepy compared to the Mephisto strains. White N Bubbly in small doses is also a nice happy good time smoke that takes the edge of a bit, but if over indulged can soon turn very racy and and anxiety inducing rather quick.

CBD oil has also come in very useful for when i have any really bad attacks, so what Medgrower says about high CBD strains make perfect sense but without trying any myself cannot really make any recommendations there, but should give good relief without the risk of getting to racy due to overly high ratios of THC.

The misses also suffers anxiety but does not use Cannabis so this year have grown out some Leonurus Sibiricus to brew up into a tea for her to see if it will be of any benefit at all, have a thread up in the medical section about this plant but have not harvested or properly tested any yet, but will post there when she is off of her meds from her surgery and we get a chance to see how it goes.

same boat here ill try what I have and see what works just wanting to know so next time I put a order in I know what to try

You might want to give ripley's a look. I'm prone to anxiety along with my wife, and it has proven to be magic for us. By the descript in their site you might not think so, but for us very soothing and lucid. ........I had to edit this, thought it only proper to add that we Vape our Meds. and I feel it's easier to regulate consumption factor that way. Especially when I can alter intake Temps. that effects different molecules being released I believe. Man, if I torched a Fatty of this beautiful Herb, I know I would be in a alternate reality. I happen to like life experiences in those realities for the most part....tis cool. For me it's like light tripping :thumbsup: @hippy71 I Love the "vibrations" it's experiencing life pulses.

Last edited:
Depends on how sensitive you are to THC. If it doesn't bother your anxiety, you can probably go for just about any indica or indica-dominant hybrid...something rich in myrcene or linalool would be good since those are sedating terpenes. I really liked Presidential OG. It's a good daytime indica--relaxing but not sedating.

If THC does make your anxiety worse, there's always the low-THC strains like Harlequin, ACDC or Pennywise. Or the NO THC stuff like domestic hemp with high-CBD.

Depends on how sensitive you are to THC. If it doesn't bother your anxiety, you can probably go for just about any indica or indica-dominant hybrid...something rich in myrcene or linalool would be good since those are sedating terpenes. I really liked Presidential OG. It's a good daytime indica--relaxing but not sedating.

If THC does make your anxiety worse, there's always the low-THC strains like Harlequin, ACDC or Pennywise. Or the NO THC stuff like domestic hemp with high-CBD.
thanks mate, I found the kush relax's me and puts me in a good head space, the pineapple express smashed the crap out of me but i could still function so good for big crowds, the lemon skunk and diesel nite nite smoke for me .

You might want to give ripley's a look. I'm prone to anxiety along with my wife, and it has proven to be magic for us. By the descript in their site you might not think so, but for us very soothing and lucid. ........I had to edit this, thought it only proper to add that we Vape our Meds. and I feel it's easier to regulate consumption factor that way. Especially when I can alter intake Temps. that effects different molecules being released I believe. Man, if I torched a Fatty of this beautiful Herb, I know I would be in a alternate reality. I happen to like life experiences in those realities for the most part....tis cool. For me it's like light tripping :thumbsup: @hippy71 I Love the "vibrations" it's experiencing life pulses.

Absolutely buddy. Life energy.

My UGORG DiscoBiscuits are about 9 weeks from harvest. Looking forward to seeing how they are for anxiety. Bloody great apparently.

Absolutely buddy. Life energy.

My UGORG DiscoBiscuits are about 9 weeks from harvest. Looking forward to seeing how they are for anxiety. Bloody great apparently.

Been lurking in your thread bro and they are just stunning plants, hope they give you the edge on the anxiety and look forward to seeing what you think when all is good and done. Got some recently dried AvT i took for a first sample before heading out tonight, to soon for a opinion on taste but for such early cured bud an A+ for social anxiety and had me chatting away and way more involved in group conversations than normal tonight, as in normally i would be the silent grumpy bastard sitting in the corner ;)

Back